Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-10-2017, 06:36 PM
RE: Las Vegas Shooting: 50 dead, 200 injured
Yes you can legally buy and own a gernade launcher in the good old US of A. You can even legally buy live ammunition for it, but I believe that with kind of thing you would be limited to smoke or flares.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2017, 06:42 PM

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-10-2017, 06:58 PM
(08-10-2017 06:36 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Yes you can legally buy and own a gernade launcher in the good old US of A. You can even legally buy live ammunition for it, but I believe that with kind of thing you would be limited to smoke or flares.

A grenade launcher with bean bag rounds is actually becoming more popular as a non lethal home defense option lol.

A shotgun with the same is more practical, naturally.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
09-10-2017, 04:32 PM
(06-10-2017 06:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 05:42 PM)Dr H Wrote:  The Founding Fathers managed to defeat the British Army and found a whole new country with a limit of one.

Just sayin'. Wink

The other guys, too, had a limit of 1. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Yep. And a well trained standing army that was already successfully holding down the beginnings of a globe-spanning empire.

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
09-10-2017, 04:40 PM
(08-10-2017 07:04 AM)yakherder Wrote:  For the record, if the shooter had a suppressor it would have limited his rate and overall volume of fire because it increases the amount of carbon buildup (thereby causing the gun to start jamming and requiring a cleaning sooner than it would have otherwise) and also probably would have just melted and made the gun inoperable with the amount of ammo he was putting through it Tongue

Wouldn't have slowed him down much, considering that he had 22 other guns with him to choose from, and it took law enforcement 12 minutes to get to him.

--
Dr H

09-10-2017, 04:59 PM
(08-10-2017 07:49 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Grenades would have caused more of a stir. Why did he not use grenades?
Maybe because your average tosser could throw a grenade maybe 50 or 60 feet, and he was 1000 feet from the crowd.

Of course he could have tried to smuggle a grenade into the crowd on his body, but likely would have been caught before he got in, since security on the field was pretty tight:

"'It's gonna be the safest part of the city to be in during both weekends, just because of the sheer number of officers that will be present,' said Brian Manley, the chief of the Austin Police Department, during a press conference this week. Manley said the department will have officers inside and outside the festival, with heightened attention to threats from outside the gates."

http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/20...-las-vegas

--
Dr H

09-10-2017, 05:10 PM
(08-10-2017 04:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  But why do I even bother with you? Earplugs are too much of a hassle, so let's open the floodgates to weapon suppressors instead. The inconvenience of hunters (and the profit margins of the Military Industrial Complex) are worth more to you than public safety and decent common sense.

It's not about convenience. When hunting, normal or enhanced hearing is necessary.

And you seem to be greatly exaggerating the effect of suppressors. They don't make guns quiet, just less loud.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-10-2017, 05:27 PM
(08-10-2017 06:42 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

Both the buyers and sellers in that video committed federal felonies punishable by fine and prison.

What law could make this more illegal? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
09-10-2017, 05:29 PM
(09-10-2017 04:32 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(06-10-2017 06:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  The other guys, too, had a limit of 1. Just sayin'. Drinking Beverage

Yep. And a well trained standing army that was already successfully holding down the beginnings of a globe-spanning empire.

We were spread way to thin, had we not been also fighting the French and coming from 3000 miles away we might have won. Just sayin Tongue
09-10-2017, 05:31 PM
(08-10-2017 05:04 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-10-2017 04:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm thinking distance (if you're still talking about the Vegas thing).

He was pretty far from the concert (obviously not far enough to do some serious damage with his mass of weapons) but grenades would be pretty useless.

Rocket launcher, then?

M203 grenade launcher
Launcher, Grenade, 40mm, M203
Rate of fire 5 to 7 round/min
Muzzle velocity 250 ft/s (76 m/s)
Effective firing range 160 yds (150 m)
Maximum firing range 437 yds (400 m)
22 more rows
M203 grenade launcher - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M203_grenade_launcher