Last Man Standing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2015, 04:49 PM
Last Man Standing
I really liked the first season of Last Man Standing since it really reminded me of Home Improvement which was an awesome TV show. But now the show is just getting weird and religious.

It is ABC after all I suppose.

Anyone else agree?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2015, 05:24 PM
RE: Last Man Standing
The super religious moments don't last long. I think they do a good job of portraying far left and far right family members coexisting. Sure the writing room seems to lean much more right, but not so much that I can't still enjoy it here and there. Not my favorite show, but I don't think it's terrible either.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
28-09-2015, 05:41 PM
I pretty much lost interest after last season so I probably wont bother watching it anymore. But wanted to see what others thought it.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
27-02-2017, 01:54 PM
As I was watching the latest episode of "Last man Standing" I noticed that they are very publically reinforcing the view that you cannot have morality unless you go to church or are a Christian . This scares me . By subtly making this thought process ok or mainstream just reinforces the idea in the minds of Christians to not trust or allow any one to be a atheist. Besides the fact they suggest that Christianity is the only acceptable religion. It worries me they express these views on such a main stream platform.
[+] 2 users Like Bubba bo bob brain's post
27-02-2017, 05:06 PM
Tim Dick ( yup - that's his real name.... Timothy Allen Dick)... is a funny guy......

Anytime you're offended by his religiosity -- just remember.

He did time in Michigan's penal system, for dealing coke................

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-02-2017, 07:12 AM
(27-02-2017 01:54 PM)Bubba bo bob brain Wrote:  As I was watching the latest episode of "Last man Standing" I noticed that they are very publically reinforcing the view that you cannot have morality unless you go to church or are a Christian . This scares me . By subtly making this thought process ok or mainstream just reinforces the idea in the minds of Christians to not trust or allow any one to be a atheist. Besides the fact they suggest that Christianity is the only acceptable religion. It worries me they express these views on such a main stream platform.

It is subtler now. TV used to be bolder with the atheist bashing.

28-02-2017, 09:04 AM
(27-02-2017 01:54 PM)Bubba bo bob brain Wrote:  As I was watching the latest episode of "Last man Standing" I noticed that they are very publically reinforcing the view that you cannot have morality unless you go to church or are a Christian . This scares me . By subtly making this thought process ok or mainstream just reinforces the idea in the minds of Christians to not trust or allow any one to be a atheist. Besides the fact they suggest that Christianity is the only acceptable religion. It worries me they express these views on such a main stream platform.

I can't stand the show, the snide pot shots are just annoying. Then again, there are plenty of shows I would not watch.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
28-02-2017, 09:14 AM
(28-02-2017 09:04 AM)skyking Wrote:  

I can't stand the show, the snide pot shots are just annoying. Then again, there are plenty of shows I would not watch.

I believe I read that Tim Allen is a trump supporter.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
28-02-2017, 09:14 AM
(28-09-2015 04:49 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I really liked the first season of Last Man Standing since it really reminded me of Home Improvement which was an awesome TV show. But now the show is just getting weird and religious.

It is ABC after all I suppose.

Anyone else agree?

Tim Allen is a rather staunch conservative and clearly tries to inject his politics in it. My wife and I stopped watching once it started becoming intolerable, and that was during the second season maybe? Maybe towards the end of the first.

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
25-05-2017, 04:59 PM
I find the messages it gives to be both here and there. I'm a neutral on both sides. With how Boyd is being raised is just on the whole. 'This guy is just a left extremist'.

There are moments I'm kind of just face palming at how stupid it can be.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin