Last Man Standing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-05-2017, 05:16 PM
RE: Last Man Standing
(27-02-2017 01:54 PM)Bubba bo bob brain Wrote:  As I was watching the latest episode of "Last man Standing" I noticed that they are very publically reinforcing the view that you cannot have morality unless you go to church or are a Christian . This scares me . By subtly making this thought process ok or mainstream just reinforces the idea in the minds of Christians to not trust or allow any one to be a atheist. Besides the fact they suggest that Christianity is the only acceptable religion. It worries me they express these views on such a main stream platform.

I don't like that story implication either.

I think Big Bang Theory handles the subject far better between Sheldon and his mom. The scripts have him objecting to her claims but still conveys his love for her.

In my 16 years of being online debating religion things like this make me more alert in entertainment.

I don't think it is a good idea to sell a message that anyone who is not like you cannot be part of society and must be saved and or treated like a lost puppy to save.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
25-05-2017, 05:18 PM
RE: Last Man Standing
(28-09-2015 04:49 PM)nerwin Wrote:  I really liked the first season of Last Man Standing since it really reminded me of Home Improvement which was an awesome TV show. But now the show is just getting weird and religious.

It is ABC after all I suppose.

Anyone else agree?

The wife and I stopped watching part way through the first season when it became apparent that Tim Allen's conservative politics were becoming a central focus

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post