Last Man on Earth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2015, 06:55 AM
Last Man on Earth
Did anyone watch it?? I did - thought it was a pretty good pilot - although I think they could have done it a bit differently and made it better....

As is -- I'll be watching it again.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 06:03 AM
RE: Last Man on Earth
I watched it and thought it was pretty good as well. Just wish there wasn't another person...it would've been funny if it was just Will Forte and and a huge peopleless open world and he can do whatever he wants.

I am just hoping that it doesn't turn into a religious show.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
09-03-2015, 06:06 AM
I caught it last night too... I agree - -they should have done it solo for a few more episodes....

Still - a good amusing twist last nite at the end....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-03-2015, 06:20 AM
(09-03-2015 06:06 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I caught it last night too... I agree - -they should have done it solo for a few more episodes....

Still - a good amusing twist last nite at the end....

I haven't seen last night's episode yet, but I will tonight.

The woman on there is driving me crazy, ugh.

But its like why the heck is he living in that house? Why not the White House?! Or maybe a self sustaining home. But anyways, it was funny when he drove through the front doors of the store and he's like..this feels right. lol

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish.
09-03-2015, 03:56 PM
I've watched the pilot, I've got episode two on the dvr. I'm really interested to see how this plays out. The concept is really interesting, and I think I see some really fun philosophical stuff coming too.

As a society we act a certain way in order to function well as a whole. What happens to these ideals and behaviors if it's just you? Do you throw it all out the window like will forte's character? What does that do for your mental state and self respect? Or, do you try to keep a semblance of normality and structure to your life in order to stay sane like Kristen schall's character?

I love that they each represent the two extremes. I think as it goes we'll see they are both a good influence on each other.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
25-03-2015, 07:53 PM
(03-03-2015 06:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Did anyone watch it?? I did - thought it was a pretty good pilot - although I think they could have done it a bit differently and made it better....

• Why a comedy? This is basically I Am Legend (or Earth Abides) played for laughs. The basic situation is not funny. They would have been better off doing it as a straight drama.
  • Why Tuscon? It's a city in a desert. They pump in water from elsewhere. One guy is going to keep that system going? Maybe Charlton Heston could but not this snook.
  • Where are they getting gasoline? It's been about two years since the disaster, right? By then all the gasoline in car's gas tanks and gas station's holding tanks would have evaporated. If any is left it will be too stale to run a modern engine.
  • So they're going to repopulate the earth? I don't think so. For a viable gene pool he needs to find about 200 more women.
  • Things are looking up. Woman #2 showed up at the end of episode 3. That doubles the gene pool. His genes don't count since all the Y chromosomes will be coming from him thus he adds no diversity to the gene pool.
  • Once we get the requisite 200 women together his vote is not going to count. The women are going to run things and he is just the sperm bank. His balls will need to be protected so they can't have him running around doing dangerous things that might leave him sterile, at least not until he has fathered a few male offspring.
  • Keeping 200 women barefoot and pregnant he'll need to perform. A woman is fertile only 3 days per month and even then her chances of becoming pregnant are only one in five. So he need to have sex with each woman 15 times per year and there are 200 women. That works out to 9 times per day. This might work as a comedy after all.

Sapere aude
25-03-2015, 08:26 PM
Never heard of this but I will download the first episode and check it out.
When I read the title, I thought this was going to be about that Vincent Prince movie. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Ma...64_film%29

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
25-03-2015, 11:19 PM
(25-03-2015 07:53 PM)f stop Wrote:  
(03-03-2015 06:55 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Did anyone watch it?? I did - thought it was a pretty good pilot - although I think they could have done it a bit differently and made it better....

• Why a comedy? This is basically I Am Legend (or Earth Abides) played for laughs. The basic situation is not funny. They would have been better off doing it as a straight drama.
  • Why Tuscon? It's a city in a desert. They pump in water from elsewhere. One guy is going to keep that system going? Maybe Charlton Heston could but not this snook.
  • Where are they getting gasoline? It's been about two years since the disaster, right? By then all the gasoline in car's gas tanks and gas station's holding tanks would have evaporated. If any is left it will be too stale to run a modern engine.
  • So they're going to repopulate the earth? I don't think so. For a viable gene pool he needs to find about 200 more women.
  • Things are looking up. Woman #2 showed up at the end of episode 3. That doubles the gene pool. His genes don't count since all the Y chromosomes will be coming from him thus he adds no diversity to the gene pool.
  • Once we get the requisite 200 women together his vote is not going to count. The women are going to run things and he is just the sperm bank. His balls will need to be protected so they can't have him running around doing dangerous things that might leave him sterile, at least not until he has fathered a few male offspring.
  • Keeping 200 women barefoot and pregnant he'll need to perform. A woman is fertile only 3 days per month and even then her chances of becoming pregnant are only one in five. So he need to have sex with each woman 15 times per year and there are 200 women. That works out to 9 times per day. This might work as a comedy after all.

Yer putting waaay too much thought into this one......

It's just a tv show......

[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
01-04-2015, 11:16 AM
I've watched the first four episodes so far on hulu and will continue to watch as I think the show is pretty funny.

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

-Carl Sagan
01-04-2015, 04:10 PM
It's starting to get hard to watch. If Phil wasn't so he'll bent on screwing himself over all the time in obvious and stupid ways, it'd be better Undecided