Last Two Survivors-TTA Style

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2017, 08:51 AM
RE: Last Two Survivors-TTA Style
I don't know who would be with me- any volunteers? Laugh out load

In any case, the world as we know it was ended by plague. As far as we know, we are the last two people on earth. We managed to extract ourselves by boat to a lonely island in the south pacific, but everyone who came with us died along the way. There are probably other survivors, but we don't know.

Rebooting the human race is not an option, though. Sorry my friend- whichever of you was unlucky enough to survive this long with me.

So, we live out our days in relative peace eating what we can scavenge from the land while the tools we brought with us slowly degrade. We repair them as best we can, however they were created with years of refinement by industrial machines from far away. Machines which rely on a power-grid that's no longer active.

We begin fashioning new tools from crude materials like rock, twine made from palm fronds, and fragments of the equipment we brought with us. Survival is our only reason for living at this stage. We don't even know why we're trying to survive. Only that death seems too final. And it's fast approaching regardless. Some illness from eating the wrong fish, or breaking a limb, or tripping and getting knocked out, or drowning, or a storm, or a shark, or a sting ray, or a jelly fish... death is coming anyway. We'll just survive until it does.

It's a struggle to just stop and enjoy the sun on our skin, because we don't have the comfort of such a pause. We can't just think about the food we need today. We have to think about the shelter we'll need tomorrow. And then the next day, and so on.

It occurs to you that in the books and movies you've seen in the past, survivors stuck on an island always had some slim hope of rescue. But we know that for ourselves, that hope can't exist- and despite that, a small wish tugs at the back of our minds. A wish that you could see something on the horizon. A ship. A boat. A plane. Or at least a huge fucking meteor. Ugh, what a stupid over-dramatic thought. Life sucks now, but there's probably still other survivors out there, right? Maybe we should try to take the boat back to the mainland after a while and see what's become of it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
10-05-2017, 08:58 AM
(10-05-2017 08:39 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Who would the other survivor be and why?: It'd have to be lady, to keep me company on those lonely apocalyptic nights. Any Volunteers? Big Grin

(10-05-2017 08:51 AM)Emma Wrote:  I don't know who would be with me- any volunteers? Laugh out load

Sorted Thumbsup

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 4 users Like OakTree500's post
10-05-2017, 10:43 AM
(10-05-2017 08:51 AM)Emma Wrote:  I don't know who would be with me- any volunteers? Laugh out load

In any case, the world as we know it was ended by plague. As far as we know, we are the last two people on earth. We managed to extract ourselves by boat to a lonely island in the south pacific, but everyone who came with us died along the way. There are probably other survivors, but we don't know.

Rebooting the human race is not an option, though. Sorry my friend- whichever of you was unlucky enough to survive this long with me.

So, we live out our days in relative peace eating what we can scavenge from the land while the tools we brought with us slowly degrade. We repair them as best we can, however they were created with years of refinement by industrial machines from far away. Machines which rely on a power-grid that's no longer active.

We begin fashioning new tools from crude materials like rock, twine made from palm fronds, and fragments of the equipment we brought with us. Survival is our only reason for living at this stage. We don't even know why we're trying to survive. Only that death seems too final. And it's fast approaching regardless. Some illness from eating the wrong fish, or breaking a limb, or tripping and getting knocked out, or drowning, or a storm, or a shark, or a sting ray, or a jelly fish... death is coming anyway. We'll just survive until it does.

It's a struggle to just stop and enjoy the sun on our skin, because we don't have the comfort of such a pause. We can't just think about the food we need today. We have to think about the shelter we'll need tomorrow. And then the next day, and so on.

It occurs to you that in the books and movies you've seen in the past, survivors stuck on an island always had some slim hope of rescue. But we know that for ourselves, that hope can't exist- and despite that, a small wish tugs at the back of our minds. A wish that you could see something on the horizon. A ship. A boat. A plane. Or at least a huge fucking meteor. Ugh, what a stupid over-dramatic thought. Life sucks now, but there's probably still other survivors out there, right? Maybe we should try to take the boat back to the mainland after a while and see what's become of it.

I would choose you, Emma, except I think we might argue over who gets to keep all the Lego jewelry Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-05-2017, 10:52 AM
(10-05-2017 10:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  

I would choose you, Emma, except I think we might argue over who gets to keep all the Lego jewelry Tongue

Nah- easy answer! We both keep it and we take turns wearing it! I have two sets of Lego earrings, and 4 sets of Lego Lightsaber earrings. Laugh out load
10-05-2017, 10:55 AM
(10-05-2017 08:58 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 08:39 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Who would the other survivor be and why?: It'd have to be lady, to keep me company on those lonely apocalyptic nights. Any Volunteers? Big Grin

Sorted Thumbsup

Ha! That was easy! Girl_nails
10-05-2017, 11:02 AM
(10-05-2017 10:52 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 10:43 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I would choose you, Emma, except I think we might argue over who gets to keep all the Lego jewelry Tongue

Nah- easy answer! We both keep it and we take turns wearing it! I have two sets of Lego earrings, and 4 sets of Lego Lightsaber earrings. Laugh out load

Lego Lightsaber earrings Shocking Gasp Heart Thumbsup

[Image: tenor.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-05-2017, 11:12 AM
(10-05-2017 11:02 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(10-05-2017 10:52 AM)Emma Wrote:  Nah- easy answer! We both keep it and we take turns wearing it! I have two sets of Lego earrings, and 4 sets of Lego Lightsaber earrings. Laugh out load

Lego Lightsaber earrings Shocking Gasp Heart Thumbsup

[Image: tenor.gif]

Leslie Knope is THE BEST, she can come with us, too. Big Grin
10-05-2017, 11:17 AM
I would choose Moms Vera or Astreja because I'm pretty sure that they would give me a damn good thrashing Big Grin Tongue
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
10-05-2017, 11:38 AM
(10-05-2017 11:17 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I would choose Moms Vera or Astreja because I'm pretty sure that they would give me a damn good thrashing

Other than my sister when we were kids (and that doesn't count), I've never hit *anyone* in my entire life and I have only ever shouted at someone who's not immediate family once (and that was during a stressful period, when I was working *and* living with a bunch of really dumb and crappy people, away from home and the incident in question took place around 2 am, during a night shift and he had been driving me insane for months). Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
10-05-2017, 11:48 AM
(09-05-2017 09:30 PM)jennybee Wrote:  You and someone else from TTA are the last two survivors on planet Earth. Who would the other survivor be and why? What happened to Earth? How did you survive what happened? How do you live from here on out?

Me and Astreja. Clarinet reasons.

What happened?
Quick, painless plague wipes out everyone else: one sneeze and you're gone.

How did we survive?
As the plague passed over us we just happened to be practicing clarinet; benign bacteria on our reeds conveyed temporary immunity.

How do we live from here on out?
We make our way slowly south, to New York City to seek out a shrine that's sacred to our kind. Regretting that there's no living cabbie to ask for directions, we rely on our instincts and the way the wind whistles across our clarinet cases, until at last we see it! We're there! Trembling with excitement, our long journey done, we assemble our instruments, set out the music stands, open the scores.

Before we begin, I look out into the empty auditorium and ask Astreja, "Hey! How do you get to Carnegie Hall?"

Astreja says, "Practice, practice, practice! Also dodge the corpses!"

And then we play.
[+] 7 users Like julep's post