Last night I noticed...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2011, 04:53 PM

Last night I noticed...
While watching "The Big Bang Theory" for the first time I heard them say 14 Million years ago during the opening sequence. I've known for a long time that it's supposed to be 14 Billion Years ago.

Have you noticed this or am I going mad?

I also just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section, was meant to be coffee section. Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2011, 04:57 PM
RE: Last night I noticed...
(06-06-2011 04:53 PM)Sinex Wrote:  While watching "The Big Bang Theory" for the first time I heard them say 14 Million years ago during the opening sequence. I've known for a long time that it's supposed to be 14 Billion Years ago.

Have you noticed this or am I going mad?

I also just noticed that I posted this in the wrong section, was meant to be coffee section. Big Grin

You're CRAZY! It says billion!
BOO! THE SEASON IS OVER!

"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing". "But," says man, "the Babel fish is a dead giveaway, isn't it? It proves you exist and so therefore you don't. QED." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanishes in a puff of logic.
-DA
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Okay this is going to be the stupidest bunch of sentences you've read today.... maybe, but here goes anyhow. I've seen a few episodes of this show, maybe a dozen, and I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone likes it other than the obvious (girl hot, reality tv is abysmal) please help me out here. The funniest character on it is the creepy roommate whose name I cannot remember or feel like looking up, and in just the few episodes I have seen I've seen the focus shift onto him as the main character when it was obvious that it was supposed to be the girl and the guy who played David on Roseanne.... who by the way has a terrible nerd accent. This would indicate to me that the writers are literally flying by the seat of their pants.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-06-2011, 08:35 PM

(06-06-2011 07:10 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Okay this is going to be the stupidest bunch of sentences you've read today.... maybe, but here goes anyhow. I've seen a few episodes of this show, maybe a dozen, and I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone likes it other than the obvious (girl hot, reality tv is abysmal) please help me out here. The funniest character on it is the creepy roommate whose name I cannot remember or feel like looking up, and in just the few episodes I have seen I've seen the focus shift onto him as the main character when it was obvious that it was supposed to be the girl and the guy who played David on Roseanne.... who by the way has a terrible nerd accent. This would indicate to me that the writers are literally flying by the seat of their pants.

Honestly I thought the same thing when I first saw it, not a single aspect of it I could find to be any good, but somehow after watching it more and more I enjoy it but can't understand why. I dislike the characters and plots yet still end up laughing with it when I watch. Maybe I dislike it because I know when its really like to be a pathetic lifeless nerd. All my non-nerd friends seem to think they're more educated by watching it, as if watching nerds would make them smarter.
Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2011, 02:38 AM
Atheist Troll, I know how you feel. I have all these idiots in my physics class who seem to think that show is scientific and educational.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
07-06-2011, 09:54 AM
The full intro also supports a Big Crunch, which isn't scientifically supported. But they talked about how Australopithecus would be sick of debating how we are here, so +1 for that.

I don't believe Jesus is the son of God until I see the long form birth certificate!
07-06-2011, 10:38 AM
IT crowd>Big bang theory by a long shot. For my nerdish televisual entertainment I go to the British.