Last year...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2011, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 10:41 PM by Monk.)
Last year...
When I was stationed in SW Asia last year @ a FOB, I had a copied of 'God is not great' which i kept stuffed away. Anyways, one of the guys in my unit noticed it and said 'That guy really hates god' ..

Anyways, a few days ago I was going through some things I brought home, someone had taken a magic marker and wrote 'The true path to love is Jesus and not this god hating book' on every single page.

Typical.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2011, 10:36 PM
RE: Last year...
Typical. I like to play Magic: the Gathering, and at one time - while living with my Xian parents - they got the mail while I had some cards arrive from an online retailer. They threw them out, thinking they had the right since it was "their house", never considering that this was vandalism, destruction of property that didn't belong to them.

In your case, it's the same, but only more blatant. But does the bible condemn vandalism? I don't think that "God" had the foresight. But breaking the law is still usually considered sinful. I'm pretty sure I don't have the right to break the Jesus fish off the bumper of their car when they park in "my driveway".

Oh, and it's "lo" and behold (which doesn't make any more sense than lone). It's from the bible, actually Tongue

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-11-2011, 11:26 PM
(22-11-2011 10:26 PM)Monk Wrote:  When I was stationed in SW Asia last year @ a FOB, I had a copied of 'God is not great' which i kept stuffed away. Anyways, one of the guys in my unit noticed it and said 'That guy really hates god' ..

Anyways, a few days ago I was going through some things I brought home, someone had taken a magic marker and wrote 'The true path to love is Jesus and not this god hating book' on every single page.

If you're pretty sure you know who did it and you have a way of contacting him, send him a note asking for reimbursement for the price of the book he vandalized. Tell him it's what any decent Christian would do.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
22-11-2011, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 23-11-2011 12:53 AM by GirlyMan.)
(22-11-2011 10:26 PM)Monk Wrote:  Anyways, a few days ago I was going through some things I brought home, someone had taken a magic marker and wrote 'The true path to love is Jesus and not this god hating book' on every single page.

I relate to that. Goddam Christians are too fucking stupid to realize what the Christ was fucking saying.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
23-11-2011, 03:18 AM
I would bitch-slap him with that book until he apologizes and buys me a new book. The intolerant asshole.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
23-11-2011, 10:13 AM
Wow, that guy is really dedicated to being an ass-hole. He wrote on every page?

This sort of belligerent activity will not win him any converts...
23-11-2011, 10:40 AM
It would have been hilarious to find his bible and write "there probably is no god, so relax and enjoy life" on every page. Only you should have written it in blood...you know...because to be an atheist not only means hating god but worshiping satan...who doesn't exist either...wait...

“Science is simply common sense at its best, that is, rigidly accurate in observation, and merciless to fallacy in logic.”
—Thomas Henry Huxley
23-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Unfortunately, this is typical behavior of Protestants. For whatever reason, many have come to the conclusion that infringing on others right to believe whatever they choose is okay if it's "done for Jesus".

On the contrary, this behavior is not Christ-like and further bruises the reputation of those Christians who are truly trying to follow their God.

If it's any consolation, I apologize on a Christian's behalf.
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
23-11-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah, you should make him buy the book. Some Christians seem to think that because they're "appointed by god" to help others, they have the right to this kind of shitty behavior. Well, they don't.
23-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Isn't it typical of brainwashed irrational fundamentalists that he wasn't brave or clever enough to tell you what he thought to your face
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post