Latest Noah's Ark research - Flood did happen

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-12-2012, 09:38 AM
RE: Latest Noah's Ark research - Flood did happen
It makes me crazy that every so many months there is "new evidence" of the ark and the flood. What I want to know is if the ark is found and verified does this than prove everything that's in the Bible. And why is the ark the one big thing that is being looked at to prove the Bible? There are a lot of other things that could be searched for, or is it that the others have already been disproven?
Everytime I hear there is a new ark/flood "scientific" breakthrough my eyes roll (in the words of the great and powerful HoC) to my spleen.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

“Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”
― Mineko Iwasaki
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
12-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Expect to roll 'm quite a bit more.
30-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Since I couldn't find a more proper thread to post this on, one titled Archeology say, or History...(hat tip to 'Muffs) I'll post this here

"Known as Heracleion to the ancient Greeks and Thonis to the ancient Eygptians, the city was rediscovered in 2000 by French underwater archaeologist Dr. Franck Goddio and a team from the European Institute for Underwater Acheology (IEASM) after a four-year geophysical survey. The ruins of the lost city were found 30 feet under the surface of the Mediterranean Sea in Aboukir Bay, near Alexandria."

"But despite all the excitement over the excavation, one mystery about Thonis-Heracleion remains largely unsolved: Why exactly did it sink? Goddio's team suggests the weight of large buildings on the region's water-logged clay and sand soil may have caused the city to sink in the wake of an earthquake."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29...ostpopular

http://www.franckgoddio.org/projects/sun...leion.html

“I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless."
― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
30-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Why didn't you just make a new thread?

Or is there a relevance to this thread which I'm not seeing?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
30-04-2013, 06:37 AM
(30-04-2013 06:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why didn't you just make a new thread?

The only relevance would be that the port is now submerged FT. I didn't want to start a thread that would probably only have a few posts. You know I find anything that is underwater interesting and archeology interesting...when you combine the two I get goose bumps Big Grin

This week I'll be going back to two sites to record exact GPS coordinates of anchors we've found in local waters. One appears to be a kedge anchor, the type used in the 19th century, possibly Civil War era. This thing has to be 12-14 feet long, I'll will be taking measurements and photos.

The other looks Spanish though only a portion is above the sand. This one is deep, nearly at 100 feet and only partially uncovered. I'm talking to Mote Marine archeologists to confirm these are new findings and if so then they want me to take them to see! Very cool.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man's reasoning powers are not above the monkey's." - Mark Twain in Eruption
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
30-04-2013, 07:32 AM
(30-04-2013 06:37 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 06:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why didn't you just make a new thread?

The only relevance would be that the port is now submerged FT. I didn't want to start a thread that would probably only have a few posts. You know I find anything that is underwater interesting and archeology interesting...when you combine the two I get goose bumps Big Grin

This week I'll be going back to two sites to record exact GPS coordinates of anchors we've found in local waters. One appears to be a kedge anchor, the type used in the 19th century, possibly Civil War era. This thing has to be 12-14 feet long, I'll will be taking measurements and photos.

The other looks Spanish though only a portion is above the sand. This one is deep, nearly at 100 feet and only partially uncovered. I'm talking to Mote Marine archeologists to confirm these are new findings and if so then they want me to take them to see! Very cool.

That sounds pretty awesome. I would love to see the photos from that. Thumbsup

Evolve
30-04-2013, 07:39 AM
(30-04-2013 07:32 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(30-04-2013 06:37 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  The only relevance would be that the port is now submerged FT. I didn't want to start a thread that would probably only have a few posts. You know I find anything that is underwater interesting and archeology interesting...when you combine the two I get goose bumps Big Grin

That sounds pretty awesome. I would love to see the photos from that. Thumbsup

I'll post them and notify you. I'm hyped about this.

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post