Latuda

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2015, 09:44 PM
Latuda
has anyone listened to the commercials for this drug?Gasp

the list of what could go wrong (side effects)-- a few mentioned death, is much more scary than the problem.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
21-05-2015, 05:10 AM
RE: Latuda
SNL did a bit several years ago -- for some fictitious drug (maybe Fukitol) that had a side effect listing over 2 minutes long.

Some people didn't get it.....

Sad, eh??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-05-2015, 09:12 AM
(20-05-2015 09:44 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  has anyone listened to the commercials for this drug?Gasp

the list of what could go wrong (side effects)-- a few mentioned death, is much more scary than the problem.

This is an antipsychotic medication used by people with schizophrenia or bipolar disorders but they've also found it to be helpful for depression. If you're schizophrenic or bipolar the side effects of the drug are not as disabling as those brain disorders. At one time it was tried on people with alzheimers and this did cause death.

When they test these drugs on people before being oked, any possible side effect is noted even if the person sneezes. With antipsychotics they put them through several phases of testing. I think it's 4 phases but it could be 5.

Trying to make an antipsychotic drug with no side effects has been the goal of scientists for decades. Maybe with the mapping the brain project they will be able to finally achieve it. I hope so.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BRAIN_Initiative

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
21-05-2015, 02:57 PM
(21-05-2015 09:12 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-05-2015 09:44 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  has anyone listened to the commercials for this drug?Gasp

This is an antipsychotic medication used by people with schizophrenia or bipolar disorders but they've also found it to be helpful for depression.

I'd give it a run.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
21-05-2015, 03:25 PM
(21-05-2015 02:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 09:12 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  This is an antipsychotic medication used by people with schizophrenia or bipolar disorders but they've also found it to be helpful for depression.

I'd give it a run.

Yeah, I remember you suffer from depression. My daughter was on Latuda for depression before she transitioned (she's transgender). She was deeply depressed. The Latuda was ok but it made her throw up sometimes. It didn't knock her out asleep for hours like some other antipsychotics did. After she transitioned she stopped taking Latuda and just takes hormones now. She's super happy.

From what I understand depression is a balancing act between the serotonin and other brain chemicals.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
21-05-2015, 04:10 PM (This post was last modified: 21-05-2015 04:13 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-05-2015 03:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  It didn't knock her out asleep for hours like some other antipsychotics did.

Fuck it then. I take an atypical antipsychotic called Seroquel precisely because it does knock my ass out.

(21-05-2015 03:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  From what I understand depression is a balancing act between the serotonin and other brain chemicals.

Witch doctors almost killed my ass with an SSRI. Turns out 95% of your serotonin is in your gut. My gut didn't appreciate the extra and it essentially poisoned me. Now I dick with my dopamine instead. I like dopamine. Serotonin, not so much.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
21-05-2015, 04:23 PM
(21-05-2015 03:25 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 02:57 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'd give it a run.

Yeah, I remember you suffer from depression. My daughter was on Latuda for depression before she transitioned (she's transgender). She was deeply depressed. The Latuda was ok but it made her throw up sometimes. It didn't knock her out asleep for hours like some other antipsychotics did. After she transitioned she stopped taking Latuda and just takes hormones now. She's super happy.

From what I understand depression is a balancing act between the serotonin and other brain chemicals.

If something goes wrong with a persons' ability to utilise sufficient amounts of dopamine and serotonin (and perhaps norepinephrine), depression is a likely result.

Due to this, most anti-depression meds work by manipulating the nuerotransmitters. Either by delaying re-uptake of the transmitters from the synapse (leading to heightened feelings of happiness due to the extended period of time the molecules are causing synapse to fire) or by forcing the release of more of the chemical. Which levels things out against the lack from before.

Too much can of course have some really bad effects...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.