Laughably Stupid Anti-Gay Argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-09-2014, 03:34 PM
Laughably Stupid Anti-Gay Argument
I had an argument with a co-worker yesterday. His claim is that now that gay marriage is becoming legal/socially accepted in more and more states (he somehow blames Obama for this), the human race is in danger of going extinct because everyone will "decide" to be gay and nobody will have babies anymore. At some point I asked him if he could tell me when he "decided" to be straight, and he accused me of acting like I know everything, and left in a huff.

I don't know everything, but I do know that being gay is not something a person "decides". And I know that any danger of human extinction has nothing to do with the legalization/acceptance of gay marriage.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
18-09-2014, 03:36 PM
RE: Laughably Stupid Anti-Gay Argument
Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-09-2014, 03:37 PM
(18-09-2014 03:34 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I had an argument with a co-worker yesterday. His claim is that now that gay marriage is becoming legal/socially accepted in more and more states (he somehow blames Obama for this), the human race is in danger of going extinct because everyone will "decide" to be gay and nobody will have babies anymore. At some point I asked him if he could tell me when he "decided" to be straight, and he accused me of acting like I know everything, and left in a huff.

I don't know everything, but I do know that being gay is not something a person "decides". And I know that any danger of human extinction has nothing to do with the legalization/acceptance of gay marriage.

I think you hit close to home. I find that most of the people spouting that argument have a future run in with the law in a bus station men's room.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 9 users Like Revenant77x's post
18-09-2014, 03:51 PM
(18-09-2014 03:34 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I had an argument with a co-worker yesterday. His claim is that now that gay marriage is becoming legal/socially accepted in more and more states (he somehow blames Obama for this), the human race is in danger of going extinct because everyone will "decide" to be gay and nobody will have babies anymore. At some point I asked him if he could tell me when he "decided" to be straight, and he accused me of acting like I know everything, and left in a huff.

There are animals who exhibit gay tendencies, goats in particular, and I don't think there is a danger of a goat extinction.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
19-09-2014, 01:03 PM
I though this when I was 9. Then I became 10.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
[+] 4 users Like Res Publica's post
20-09-2014, 05:15 AM

It's the universalizability argument. Just because we need some people to reproduce, doesn't mean we need everyone to reproduce.

We need diversity for our civilization and species to thrive. We need some people to be doctors, and other people to be trash collectors. If everyone did the same thing, we wouldn't have a functioning society.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 1 user Likes Cathym112's post
20-09-2014, 05:33 AM
I'm told that's gays make the best trash collectors.

Angel

20-09-2014, 05:45 AM
Seeing as our population is at more than 7 billion, I don't think two women or two men making love and getting married are going to drop that any time soon, especially since the population is still growing.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
20-09-2014, 06:13 AM
Yea as Rev said, I'm pretty sure that guy likes it up the bum.
20-09-2014, 10:40 PM
If he's afraid of "deciding" to become gay, that's an implication that he already finds the "gay lifestyle" tempting.

I guess them bitches just can't handle the idea of being fabulous.

[Image: 20140130045242!Fabulous.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post