Laughably Stupid Anti-Gay Argument

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-09-2014, 10:44 PM
RE: Laughably Stupid Anti-Gay Argument
(20-09-2014 10:40 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  If he's afraid of "deciding" to become gay, that's an implication that he already finds the "gay lifestyle" tempting.

I guess them bitches just can't handle the idea of being fabulous.

[Image: 20140130045242!Fabulous.jpg]

None of the pie de pew thing here.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
20-09-2014, 10:50 PM

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
21-09-2014, 04:05 AM
(20-09-2014 10:40 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  If he's afraid of "deciding" to become gay, that's an implication that he already finds the "gay lifestyle" tempting.

Possibly, but that's not how I meant the question. The point is that, even if he's 100% heterosexual, he won't be able to identify any moment in his life when he "decided" to be heterosexual -- that's just the way he is. Likewise for a gay person. I just found it really stupid that he thought sexuality was something you could just change on a whim.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
21-09-2014, 04:33 AM
(21-09-2014 04:05 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Possibly, but that's not how I meant the question. The point is that, even if he's 100% heterosexual, he won't be able to identify any moment in his life when he "decided" to be heterosexual -- that's just the way he is. Likewise for a gay person. I just found it really stupid that he thought sexuality was something you could just change on a whim.

Yep, that's always the next immediate question you ask someone who just posited that 'homosexuality is a choice'. Ask them when they chose to be straight instead of being gay. Point out that making homosexuality or sexual preference as arbitrary as a choice, means that their own heterosexuality is also 'just a choice'.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-09-2014, 12:48 PM
As someone of the LGBT community, I can earnestly say I don't give a damn who others want to bang. Sexuality isn't a choice anyway, so the scare tactic that conservatives like to use: "The gays are trying to convert people to gayhood" is straight up ridiculous.
21-09-2014, 06:51 PM
(21-09-2014 04:33 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(21-09-2014 04:05 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Possibly, but that's not how I meant the question. The point is that, even if he's 100% heterosexual, he won't be able to identify any moment in his life when he "decided" to be heterosexual -- that's just the way he is. Likewise for a gay person. I just found it really stupid that he thought sexuality was something you could just change on a whim.

Yep, that's always the next immediate question you ask someone who just posited that 'homosexuality is a choice'. Ask them when they chose to be straight instead of being gay. Point out that making homosexuality or sexual preference as arbitrary as a choice, means that their own heterosexuality is also 'just a choice'.

Yes. This was exactly my thinking when I asked him that question.
21-09-2014, 07:15 PM
(18-09-2014 03:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Facepalm

yeah,,heheh That is how I feel too.

We do not make the active decision to become sexually attracted to someone, before the attraction actually happens. It is automatic and subconscious which means it is in our nature to do so.

Therefore, homosexuality is NOT a choice. Gays getting married is not going to decrease or increase anything other than gay marriage itself.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
22-09-2014, 06:06 AM
(18-09-2014 03:34 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  ...the human race is in danger of going extinct because everyone will "decide" to be gay and nobody will have babies anymore. At some point I asked him if he could tell me when he "decided" to be straight, and he accused me of acting like I know everything, and left in a huff.

I think what you just witnessed there was him trying to pull an exceptionally stupid version of the "it's not natural" argument. I bet a lot of religious bigots realize that "I really believe that you're offending an entity that I can't even prove exists" is a pretty bad argument, so they're scraping the bottom of the cognitive barrel to find some sort of secular counter to homosexuality.

That guy just punched right through the bottom.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
23-09-2014, 02:02 PM
(18-09-2014 03:34 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I had an argument with a co-worker yesterday. His claim is that now that gay marriage is becoming legal/socially accepted in more and more states (he somehow blames Obama for this), the human race is in danger of going extinct because everyone will "decide" to be gay and nobody will have babies anymore. At some point I asked him if he could tell me when he "decided" to be straight, and he accused me of acting like I know everything, and left in a huff.

I don't know everything, but I do know that being gay is not something a person "decides". And I know that any danger of human extinction has nothing to do with the legalization/acceptance of gay marriage.

Damm slippery slope argument.

There are over 7 billion people on this planet, I'm pretty sure plenty of babies are being made.

Also, even if one 'decides' to be gay, I don't see how that's a problem. Where I am, we get more flaks for deciding not to play hockey.
23-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Another one of his fears was that if gay people adopt children, those children will grow up thinking that "it's OK to be gay." My response: So what? It is OK to be gay. He didn't like that at all.