Law and Disorder?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-05-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Law and Disorder?
(08-05-2016 05:48 AM)SYZ Wrote:  My take..... If an individual breaches any of the laws of the land, then they're by definition committing a criminal act. This defines them as a criminal.

It's neither here nor there as to what that person's interpretation of the law is, or whether he commits the act in private within the bounds of his own property.

Of course, this simple interpretation ignores the various degrees of criminal acts, for example summary or indictable offences, felonies, violations, infringements, misdemeanors, or infractions etc. (And I'm talking specifically about developed Western countries here.)

OK, so I was driving 47 MPH in a 45 MPH zone, today. I can actually get arrested for that, though generally that arrest is in the form of a speeding ticket that may require my appearance in a court of law. I lead a life of crime!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
11-05-2016, 08:35 PM
(10-05-2016 08:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I lead a life of crime!

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'll show myself out.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
12-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Well if you commit a crime you're a criminal. But i think we label people as criminial depending on the grade of the crime. Just as Fireball stated, if he goes at 47 mph at a 45 mph zone he should be, by definition, a criminal. But most people won't say that he's a criminial because we consider the extra 2 mph a minor offense thus not gaining the label of criminal.

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot
13-05-2016, 12:10 AM
(11-05-2016 08:35 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(10-05-2016 08:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I lead a life of crime!

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

I'll show myself out.

For the longest time, I always wondered "who is this Dunder Chief person?" Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post