Law and priests...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2011, 04:12 AM
Law and priests...
Some of the posts here have made me wondering about some things... So we have a pedophile dressed as Catholic priest, he was fighting his sickness a couple of years, but eventually, pedophile as he was, he started to ... "pedophile" the kids in his church. Then that lasted for some time and eventually the parents found out about the fact and so they started the legal fight...

Now, when parents go to court, do they press charges against The Church or the priest as an individual? Why am I asking this? Because every time you see that a priest is being charged for something like that, the Church steps in and replaces that priest with someone else and that's it. All done.

But if you press charges against an individual, how is it possible that anyone can step in and just remove that person form the job position and that person then does not go to jail for a very long time?

I understand that can happen if you are pressing charges against The Church, they are a powerful institution so they can slime their way through these kind of accusations, but how can they intervene if you go to court against an individual person?

Anyone?

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-11-2011, 07:13 AM
RE: Law and priests...
Why charge them at all? I find that if you shoot the in the face area it solves a lot of time and money.

But honestly I can see whatyou're saying. If you charge the individual then the church body has no right to interfere. Perhaps someone should try this, someone that's not me becaseI'd go with the previous suggestion.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
22-11-2011, 02:04 PM
It depends whose done something wrong. If a few priests were diddling kids then the individuals should be held accountable (there's a word they haven't heard of!) but if the church is simply moving thousands of kiddy-diddling priests everywhere, then they are to blame morally and legally as well as the individuals too.
However, it seems to me that the church is more to blame, obviously for playing hide and seek with rapists, but also because of the catholic religion - their doctrine - being directly responsible for what happened. If priests weren't told to be celibate and never ever to masterbate then this would never have happened. Simply saying 'OK you can jerk off if you want' would have solved the entire thing before it started.

The problem is the police are letting this be handled internally, instead of investigations to find who is actually culpable and basically to do what is actually moral. The police are leaving them to it and believing them when they say they will deal with it. Look where that got us.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
22-11-2011, 07:16 PM (This post was last modified: 22-11-2011 07:23 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-11-2011 04:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  I understand that can happen if you are pressing charges against The Church, they are a powerful institution so they can slime their way through these kind of accusations, but how can they intervene if you go to court against an individual person?

Anyone?

They can, and often do, provide the lawyers. And these ain't your typical lawyers, but some of the highest-priced on the planet. That lowly, underpaid prosecuting attorney making $40K/year don't stand much of a chance against them. They'll get tripped up over some procedural bullshit and the whole damn thing disappears. ... Mayber our resident lawyer here will weigh in, BnW?

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
22-11-2011, 11:22 PM
(22-11-2011 04:12 AM)Filox Wrote:  I understand that can happen if you are pressing charges against The Church, they are a powerful institution so they can slime their way through these kind of accusations, but how can they intervene if you go to court against an individual person?

Anyone?

Because this isn't just any church... the catholic church's heads make up a city-state called Vatican City, which is recognized by the United Nations as its own sovereign territory.

You may as well ask "Why is Robert Mugabe allowed to kill people who oppose him politically?" Because the head of a country is pretty much allowed to do what they want. We try sanctions or limit the military powers of rogue countries, but because of the special way that this territory gets funded and is protected, what exactly can be done to punish the Pope? If you have an answer, we'd love to hear it - seriously. It's a tough question.

As much as we'd love to see the Pope arrested, there's no precedent for trying a world leader in court. Where would it be done? By what standard would we sentence him? It just can't be accomplished, not with our current system.

My girlfriend is mad at me. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried cooking a stick in her non-stick pan.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-11-2011, 12:31 AM
As I see it the priest is the perp and the Church time and time again becomes accessory after the fact.
[+] 1 user Likes Eye Sage's post
23-11-2011, 02:56 AM
@ Starcash.

I am not saying that Pope should be prosecuted, that is simply impossible and even unnecessary, at least in this case. I kinda have a feeling that every time something bad happens, people go out and blame the Church and then they press charges against that Church. And that is wrong, because of these monster-lawyers. But if you press charges against an individual, the police has no right to let that be taken care of internally, you are an individual person pressing charges (and a very serious one) against another individual. No institution has any authority in this case, the best they can do is provide a good lawyer for that individual. In most cases that can be enough, but then again, how can you squeeze out of the fact when a kid is pointing a finger at you saying: "He molested me!" That is it, case closed, no more arguments, there are no laws or layers anymore. HE DID IT, there are no ways to get out of it, and they always get out of it. That only means that the USA government is behind them. I say USA, because most of these cases happen in USA, and you should have the best court system, so you are the one that should have put a stop to this BS. It appears that you can not fight a huge octopus like Catholic Church, not even USA...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson