Law enforcement drones over US??????

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-05-2012, 06:33 AM
RE: Law enforcement drones over US??????
(29-05-2012 04:45 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  If you have democratically developed laws, rules, regulations, checks and balances then you have clear, public yardsticks, norms and values that you can apply to everyone equally and impartially. That's the essence of justice. If you don't have democratically developed laws, rules, regulations, checks and balances then there is nothing to base any investigation and/or prosecution on besides one person's personal opinion. Not exactly a basis for impartial justice, is it? Or, if it's based on one group's opinion you have either elite rule, or mob rule. But in neither case will you have open democracy or impartial justice.

Laws, law enforcement, and the legal system are not, and never were, intended for the benefit of lawbreakers (in case there would be confusion about that...) but for the benefit of society, for the benefit of the people applying them!

Without properly functioning laws, law enforcement, and legal system justice is impossible.

Of course many would like a society without justice. Imo more wouldn't.
Which camp are you in?

I think the rules and regulations should allow for drone use.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-05-2012, 01:15 PM
Quote:I think the rules and regulations should allow for drone use.
Which rules and regulations?
30-05-2012, 01:22 PM
(30-05-2012 01:15 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  Which rules and regulations?

Well in the same way American police can use guns but there are rules and regulation on their proper use.

Exactly the same thing with drones.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
30-05-2012, 01:47 PM
(30-05-2012 01:22 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(30-05-2012 01:15 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  Which rules and regulations?

Well in the same way American police can use guns but there are rules and regulation on their proper use.

Exactly the same thing with drones.

"In the same way" is rather vague. What rules and regulations are we talking about, exactly, considering the application of drones? What are the provisos you would suggest? What are the limits you would suggest? What control mechanisms would you suggest? What repercussions for exceeding authority would you suggest? Etc. etc.

A public debate about that will take years. And as long as those rules and regulations have not been established, finalized, and implemented – like now! – it is illegal to deploy drones against civilians.
30-05-2012, 04:43 PM
(30-05-2012 01:47 PM)Scarlet Pimpernel Wrote:  "In the same way" is rather vague. What rules and regulations are we talking about, exactly, considering the application of drones? What are the provisos you would suggest? What are the limits you would suggest? What control mechanisms would you suggest? What repercussions for exceeding authority would you suggest? Etc. etc.

A public debate about that will take years. And as long as those rules and regulations have not been established, finalized, and implemented – like now! – it is illegal to deploy drones against civilians.

Well I'm no legal expert so I'm not gonna start drafting legislation.

When I think about though, as the drones only have the capability for surveillance anyway I don't even see the need for any restrictions on their use. As far as I'm concerned if people wanna throw a bitch fit because someone may look at them then they should get over it. If someone's biggest concern in life is that they may be visible to the world as they walk around in public places then I really don't have any sympathy. In fact, I think anyone who would get all upset by it is being a tosser anyway.

Best
Worst
09-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Scary : http://www.thenewnewinternet.com/2012/07...ack-drone/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.
10-01-2013, 12:30 AM
This is a really big issue. The government can be as corrupt as it wants with a fleet of drones in the sky. Drones will not question orders. Humans in the military might just side with the citizens if the government gets too corrupt. Send in the drones. Such a sad end to freedom.