Law firm fires 14 employees for wearing orange shirts.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Law firm fires 14 employees for wearing orange shirts.
Story

I suggest giving them a nice, justified rating on Google.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
19-03-2012, 04:02 PM
RE: Law firm fires 14 employees for wearing orange shirts.
Wow, that's pretty freaking paranoid.

Godzilla Kitten, Directed by J.J. Abrams
[Image: Kineoprojectfinished3_zps79916ea4.jpg]
19-03-2012, 04:07 PM
that exec's pretty dumb. No firm can let go that many employees and not be hurt. Plus now no one will want to work there 'cos they know the boss is crazy.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
19-03-2012, 04:36 PM
Quote:Ironically, had the employees been wearing orange as a form of protest, it would have been illegal to fire them, ABC News reports.

And there's really nothing anyone can do about the terminations since Florida is an at-will state, meaning employers can fire an employee who doesn't have a contract "for a good reason, for a bad reason or even for the wrong reason, as long as it's not an unlawful reason," Eric K. Gabrielle, a labor and employment lawyer at Stearns Weaver, told the Sun-Sentinel.

Hmm, sounds like the law offices of Elizabeth R. Wellborn, P.A. need to become well known in that area for their practices if they don't make up for what they have done. I don't necessarily disagree with the at will law they have, but do disagree with how they are using it.

I sent a letter to Fannie Mae (because this firm is on retainer with them) to see what they think of the situation. They might send me a cookie cutter email, but I'm hoping it causes them to become aware of the situation.

A theist and an atheist go to heaven.
theist: "See! There is a heaven."
atheist: "So, you consider heaven a joke too?"
------
Defy gravity... stand up.
[+] 2 users Like craniumonempty's post
19-03-2012, 05:03 PM
(19-03-2012 03:51 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Story

I suggest giving them a nice, justified rating on Google.

I was fired for taking a 55 cent expired coupon :/
19-03-2012, 07:30 PM
(19-03-2012 04:07 PM)morondog Wrote:  that exec's pretty dumb. No firm can let go that many employees and not be hurt. Plus now no one will want to work there 'cos they know the boss is crazy.

He prob got a raise.

(19-03-2012 04:36 PM)craniumonempty Wrote:  
Quote:Ironically, had the employees been wearing orange as a form of protest, it would have been illegal to fire them, ABC News reports.

And there's really nothing anyone can do about the terminations since Florida is an at-will state, meaning employers can fire an employee who doesn't have a contract "for a good reason, for a bad reason or even for the wrong reason, as long as it's not an unlawful reason," Eric K. Gabrielle, a labor and employment lawyer at Stearns Weaver, told the Sun-Sentinel.

Hmm, sounds like the law offices of Elizabeth R. Wellborn, P.A. need to become well known in that area for their practices if they don't make up for what they have done. I don't necessarily disagree with the at will law they have, but do disagree with how they are using it.

I sent a letter to Fannie Mae (because this firm is on retainer with them) to see what they think of the situation. They might send me a cookie cutter email, but I'm hoping it causes them to become aware of the situation.

So never move to Florida....gotcha
22-03-2012, 09:03 AM
What a dick exec.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab