Lawrence Krauss accused of Sexual Misconduct

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2018, 03:28 PM
RE: Lawrence Krauss accused of Sexual Misconduct
(24-02-2018 03:21 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 03:12 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Well, if you think casual sexism is acceptable, have at it. 1978 or not, that sounds like really fucking gross objectification, and more power to the people pushing back against the pervasiveness of such casual sexism and moving it into the realm of the unacceptable.

If it was socially acceptable for someone to walk up to me and casually say 'nice cock', I'd feel uncomfortable as all hell. If that was acceptable behavior from my coworkers, you bet your ass it would make work feel hostile and unwelcoming.

You're missing the point.

How far back do you wanna go? Should we look for every single sexist remark in history and hang every man who ever said anything? Should we dredge up something from 50 years ago, and while an old man is now dying on his death bed, completely destroy what's left of him because he pinched somebodies ass back in 1968?

So if i said someone had a nice ass 10 years ago, I should have my life completely destroyed over it today?

Fuck off. You will never be right about it.

Destroy someone's life? No. Should it be brought to attention that shit that like is no longer acceptable? You bet your ass.

Also, insofar as Krauss is concerned, that is skeevy as all hell and I don't blame anyone for wanting to cut ties with someone who at one time thought that was acceptable behavior. Actions have consequences. Krauss' might have just taken longer to kick in.

So how about you fuck off ace?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
24-02-2018, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2018 03:51 PM by Free.)
(24-02-2018 03:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 03:21 PM)Free Wrote:  You're missing the point.

How far back do you wanna go? Should we look for every single sexist remark in history and hang every man who ever said anything? Should we dredge up something from 50 years ago, and while an old man is now dying on his death bed, completely destroy what's left of him because he pinched somebodies ass back in 1968?

So if i said someone had a nice ass 10 years ago, I should have my life completely destroyed over it today?

Fuck off. You will never be right about it.

Destroy someone's life? No. Should it be brought to attention that shit that like is no longer acceptable? You bet you ass.

No one is saying we shouldn't make it known. What I am saying is that the #MeToo movement has gone off the rails so much that what was once "no big deal" is now intentionally being reinterpreted as if it was a big deal.

If it wasn't a big deal to the person 10 years ago, then what motivates them to suddenly come out and make it a big deal now? They had sexual assault laws 10 years ago identical to what we have now. They had the exact same sexual harassment laws too. So why now?

If it was such a big fucking deal 10 years ago, then you should have done something about it 10 years ago. But no ... now that they got this big fucking train going called the #MeToo Movement it's like ..."hey .... let's everybody jump on that train and bring up every fucking thing in the past just to show our support. Let's see how many lives we can destroy about things we didn't think were any big deal when they originally happened. We will do this all in the name of the cause!"

Seriously? If you did nothing about it 10 years ago because it was no big deal back then, then sorry .... but you don't get to change your fucking mind from 10 years ago and use it to destroy someone's life all in the name of a movement that was intended to expose the far more serious aspects of sexual assault and excessive sexual harassment.

Otherwise, you make that originally noble movement suspect, and make it look like a fucking joke.

Fuck off. You will never be right about this. Ever.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
24-02-2018, 03:57 PM
(24-02-2018 03:35 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 03:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Destroy someone's life? No. Should it be brought to attention that shit that like is no longer acceptable? You bet you ass.

No one is saying we shouldn't make it known. What I am saying is that the #MeToo movement has gone off the rails so much that what was once "no big deal" is now intentionally being reinterpreted as if it was a big deal.

If it wasn't a big deal to the person 10 years ago, then what motivates them to suddenly come out and make it a big deal now? They had sexual assault laws 10 years ago identical to what we have now. They had the exact same sexual harassment laws too. So why now?

If it was such a big fucking deal 10 years ago, then you should have done something about it 10 years ago. But no ... now that they got this big fucking train going called the #MeToo Movement it's like ..."hey .... let's everybody jump on that train and bring up every fucking thing in the past just to show our support. Let's see how many lives we can destroy about things we didn't think were any big deal when they originally happened. We will do this all in the name of the cause!"

Seriously? If you did nothing about it 10 years ago because it was no big deal back then, then sorry .... but you don't get to change your fucking mind from 10 years ago and use it to destroy someone's life all in the name of a movement that was intended to expose the far more serious aspects of sexual assault and excessive sexual harassment.

Otherwise, you make that originally noble movement suspect, and make it look like a fucking joke.

It wasn't no big deal 10 years ago, it was just something people without power were expected to put up with. Complain and you lose your job or things get worse, not better.
[+] 5 users Like julep's post
24-02-2018, 04:05 PM
(24-02-2018 03:35 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 03:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Destroy someone's life? No. Should it be brought to attention that shit that like is no longer acceptable? You bet you ass.

Hmmm. It happened to me 30 years ago and I still haven't lived it down. It's traumatic. I still shrink back when a male reaches for me - only to realize he is just trying to help me get the cart out the door.

It may have been nothing to the male, he may even have forgotten about it. It sticks with the woman a life time.

When it happened, I froze. I was like a cornered animal with no way out.

It wasn't that it was no big deal then, I just couldn't face the consequences for speaking up about it. Plus the shame, back then you were shamed for it. There had to be some way the woman caused this upright citizen to do something like that.

Fuck you, Free! Insensitive asshole. You've gone and pissed me off good. Angry

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 9 users Like Dom's post
24-02-2018, 04:09 PM
(24-02-2018 03:57 PM)julep Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 03:35 PM)Free Wrote:  No one is saying we shouldn't make it known. What I am saying is that the #MeToo movement has gone off the rails so much that what was once "no big deal" is now intentionally being reinterpreted as if it was a big deal.

It wasn't no big deal 10 years ago, it was just something people without power were expected to put up with. Complain and you lose your job or things get worse, not better.

I can understand those kinds of situations, and have no problem with that except for one thing.

If it was important enough to them back then, they still should have said something. That was their right back then. They could have done something about it when they had the chance, if it was serious enough to warrant action.

They have had 10 years to say something, but now they get the mob mentality and decide that they can do it now? Why not ... last March? 2 years ago? 5 years ago?

The only thing that is different now is that social media enables people to be anonymous, and behind that anonymity they can "out" people from their past by bringing up their real names and other personal info. But because they are anonymous, they have very little to fear in terms of retribution.

I have watched this very thing happen to people I know. They get fired from their jobs on the rumor, destroying their lives because someone anonymous tweeted something that can not even be verified or falsified.

And that is exactly why I see this the way I do. They do this shit in the name of a cause that was not intended for that kind of crap. Now it makes the #MeToo movement look like you can't trust even the real accusations because of the ones that are either false, or made by someone trying to make mountains out of molehills just to get attention.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 2 users Like Free's post
24-02-2018, 04:13 PM
(24-02-2018 04:09 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 03:57 PM)julep Wrote:  It wasn't no big deal 10 years ago, it was just something people without power were expected to put up with. Complain and you lose your job or things get worse, not better.

I can understand those kinds of situations, and have no problem with that except for one thing.

If it was important enough to them back then, they still should have said something. That was their right back then. They could have done something about it when they had the chance, if it was serious enough to warrant action.

They have had 10 years to say something, but now they get the mob mentality and decide that they can do it now? Why not ... last March? 2 years ago? 5 years ago?

The only thing that is different now is that social media enables people to be anonymous, and behind that anonymity they can "out" people from their past by bringing up their real names and other personal info. But because they are anonymous, they have very little to fear in terms of retribution.

I have watched this very thing happen to people I know. They get fired from their jobs on the rumor, destroying their lives because someone anonymous tweeted something that can not even be verified or falsified.

And that is exactly why I see this the way I do. They do this shit in the name of a cause that was not intended for that kind of crap. Now it makes the #MeToo movement look like you can't trust even the real accusations because of the ones that are either false, or made by someone trying to make mountains out of molehills just to get attention.

If the guy was still around, I would damn well consider coming out about it.

It's been eating at me for so long, it might be cathartic to finally speak up.

You have apparently no idea what this sort of shit feels like, and how society used to look at you for it. Rapes are still hardly ever reported. All you want to do is wash, scrub until you bleed as if you could get it off you.

Not to have a bunch of strangers make you tell every embarrassing thing and then making you strip and scrape you with instruments.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
24-02-2018, 04:13 PM
(24-02-2018 04:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 03:35 PM)Free Wrote:  No one is saying we shouldn't make it known. What I am saying is that the #MeToo movement has gone off the rails so much that what was once "no big deal" is now intentionally being reinterpreted as if it was a big deal.

Hmmm. It happened to me 30 years ago and I still haven't lived it down. It's traumatic. I still shrink back when a male reaches for me - only to realize he is just trying to help me get the cart out the door.

It may have been nothing to the male, he may even have forgotten about it. It sticks with the woman a life time.

It wasn't that it was no big deal then, I just couldn't face the consequences for speaking up about it. Plus the shame, back then you were shamed for it. There had to be some way the woman caused this upright citizen to do something like that.

What happened to you obviously has nothing to do with my points. If you were actually sexually assaulted then you have a right to speak about it.

Read my posts.

[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
24-02-2018, 04:15 PM
(24-02-2018 04:13 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 04:05 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hmmm. It happened to me 30 years ago and I still haven't lived it down. It's traumatic. I still shrink back when a male reaches for me - only to realize he is just trying to help me get the cart out the door.

What happened to you obviously has nothing to do with my points. If you were actually sexually assaulted then you have a right to speak about it.

Read my posts.

Your posts say too much time has passed.

Bullshit.

Your posts say the woman should have spoken up back then.

Bullshit.

[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
24-02-2018, 04:16 PM
(24-02-2018 04:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 04:13 PM)Free Wrote:  What happened to you obviously has nothing to do with my points. If you were actually sexually assaulted then you have a right to speak about it.

Read my posts.

Your posts say too much time has passed.

Bullshit.

Your posts say the woman should have spoken up back then.

Bullshit.

They say more than that. Keep reading.

24-02-2018, 04:19 PM
(24-02-2018 04:09 PM)Free Wrote:  If it was important enough to them back then, they still should have said something. That was their right back then. They could have done something about it when they had the chance, if it was serious enough to warrant action.

That. And now I am too pissed off to continue this conversation. You hit a sore spot here.