Lawrence Krauss accused of Sexual Misconduct

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2018, 05:28 PM
RE: Lawrence Krauss accused of Sexual Misconduct
(24-02-2018 04:56 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 04:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  I'd be shit outta luck trying to prove what happened 30 years ago.

And assault doesn't usually happen with witnesses milling about.

Harassment - sometimes there are witnesses, sometimes not.

Yes, there are probably people taking advantage. But there are many, many more who are finally getting to at least say something. Holding this shit in a life time is horrible, if you don't vent, you can't let it go.

My incident happened 41 years ago. Walking to school, and was offered a ride, but never took me to the school.

I think I was more lucky than you. Aside from having a fear and distrust for gays for a couple years, I adopted an attitude that, despite what happened I can't change the past but I can, and will, shape my future. I didn't tell anyone because it was embarrassing back in the 1970s to say I got raped by a 30+ year old gay guy. I would have been teased and bullied into oblivion. I am straight.

So I simply put it behind me and went on with my life. But I never forgot about it, I simply refused to allow it to have a negative affect on the rest of my life.

This I understand, I had a male friend who was a taxi driver, straight. Got raped by a customer. Ended up in the hospital with anal injuries that would not stop bleeding.

He told me about it, and another female friend. Never told any males. He said the way he was treated in the hospital, the jokes, the insinuations, made it all the worse.

Unfortunately, he was not as strong as you. He ended up killing himself 5 years later. This was in the late 60s.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2018, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2018 06:03 PM by Free.)
(24-02-2018 05:09 PM)julep Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 04:59 PM)Free Wrote:  You really have no idea what i am talking about, do you?

Facepalm

That would make two of us.

Maybe you could give an example of someone that you know for certain lost a job on the basis of anonymous tweets that simply allege s/he told a woman in the early 2000s that she had a nice ass.

I will give you examples of the #MeToo movement being abused:

Actor Aziz Ansari was accused of sexual assault by an anonymous woman called “Grace” on Babe.net after a date went sour last September.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201...ccusation/

Another one here.

These are just a couple of the more public ones. And recently, a friend of my daughters- Jacob Hoggard from Hedley- was accused of sexual assault. Personally, I think there may be something to it. However, I watched as anonymous people came out from the woodwork on Twitter and Facebook making accusations anonymously with no supporting evidence, no witnesses, etc.

Sure, SPEAK UP, but what this does is make the possible real accusations suspect. Jacob placed my post and embedded it at the top of the Hedley response section on their Facebook page. It's still there, encouraging people not to make anonymous posts as they can destroy people's lives.

Meanwhile, people I know in the Hedley organization have lost their jobs.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes Free's post
24-02-2018, 05:51 PM
(24-02-2018 05:15 PM)Thena323 Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 04:32 PM)Free Wrote:  Yes I do. Raped at 15. Outted him on #MeToo 2 months ago.

But I am not talking about rape, nor am I talking about any very serious sexual harassment. I am talking about simple comments such as "Nice ass" being reinterpreted years later as being a #MeToo moment. They wreck what this movement is supposed to be all about.

I have seen this happen.

Wow. You pretty much blasted folks for not coming forward at the time of alleged occurrences, yet chose to out your attacker on #MeToo only 2 months ago? Regarding an event that took place 40 years earlier?

If you can understand your motivations for doing that, then surely you can muster up enough empathy to at least understand why anyone else might not feel comfortable coming forward right away...even if they didn't have it as "bad" as you did.

Another one who doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Keep reading.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
24-02-2018, 05:56 PM
(24-02-2018 05:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 04:56 PM)Free Wrote:  My incident happened 41 years ago. Walking to school, and was offered a ride, but never took me to the school.

I think I was more lucky than you. Aside from having a fear and distrust for gays for a couple years, I adopted an attitude that, despite what happened I can't change the past but I can, and will, shape my future. I didn't tell anyone because it was embarrassing back in the 1970s to say I got raped by a 30+ year old gay guy. I would have been teased and bullied into oblivion. I am straight.

So I simply put it behind me and went on with my life. But I never forgot about it, I simply refused to allow it to have a negative affect on the rest of my life.

This I understand, I had a male friend who was a taxi driver, straight. Got raped by a customer. Ended up in the hospital with anal injuries that would not stop bleeding.

He told me about it, and another female friend. Never told any males. He said the way he was treated in the hospital, the jokes, the insinuations, made it all the worse.

Unfortunately, he was not as strong as you. He ended up killing himself 5 years later. This was in the late 60s.

Sorry to hear that.

I guess I was lucky. Despite it all, even today some of my best friends are gays, and my best friend is a lesbian. One of my daughters is also lesbian. One bad apple didn't wreck the whole tree for me.

24-02-2018, 06:04 PM
(24-02-2018 05:51 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 05:15 PM)Thena323 Wrote:  Wow. You pretty much blasted folks for not coming forward at the time of alleged occurrences, yet chose to out your attacker on #MeToo only 2 months ago? Regarding an event that took place 40 years earlier?

If you can understand your motivations for doing that, then surely you can muster up enough empathy to at least understand why anyone else might not feel comfortable coming forward right away...even if they didn't have it as "bad" as you did.

Another one who doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about.

Keep reading.

I did read your posts, man. Your line of reasoning is rather..inconsistent...as applied to you.
That's all I'm saying.

Perhaps you don't know you're talking about. You don't believe it?
Re-read your posts.
24-02-2018, 06:05 PM
(24-02-2018 05:56 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 05:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  This I understand, I had a male friend who was a taxi driver, straight. Got raped by a customer. Ended up in the hospital with anal injuries that would not stop bleeding.

Sorry to hear that.

I guess I was lucky. Despite it all, even today some of my best friends are gays, and my best friend is a lesbian. One of my daughters is also lesbian. One bad apple didn't wreck the whole tree for me.

Different people cope in different ways, and some just can't cope. We don't all experience things the same way. Some people fight where others just freeze or find a way to flee. We can never really perceive things the way someone else in the same position does.

I assume there are some made up stories. The thing is, do you want to muzzle all because some are lying? Most of this stuff can never be proven.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-02-2018, 06:23 PM
So here's my position on the #Metoo Movement.

If you are the victim of sexual assault, and you want it known, then make it known by using your real name. Do not make anonymous posts accusing anyone of anything, because those types of accusations will get mixed in with others that may get exposed for lying, and all it will take to bring down the #MeToo movement is enough lies to throw the truthful accusations in doubt.

In regards to statements made years ago to you that could be interpreted as sexist, harassment, etc, again use your real name. Make sure you can back up your accusation with collaborating evidence, and make sure that the accusation you are making is not making a mountain out of a molehill just for the sake of having a #MeToo moment.

The reason I feel this way is, as I said previously, anonymous posts accusing people of things can wreck their lives even if the accusations are false, or proven false in the future. How many people have we seen get fired just over the accusation? This also happens on a non famous level too.

I know someone who was accused of being a child molester. Even I believed it. He got fired and lost everything. But she lied. It was exposed by the police in their investigation. Yet the damage was done. His life was ruined.

False accusations do happen. And when we have people making anonymous accusations in which we cannot prove or disprove, then innocent people can get hurt. And when we have people reinterpreting the past to make a mountain out of a molehill for the sake of a #MeToo moment, innocent people can get hurt.

The #MeToo Movement can be a good thing, but if it's going to be abused with lies and exaggerations by anonymous people then all it does it make the entire movement look compromised because we cannot tell the truth from the lies.

Therefore, if you have something important to say, then let it be YOU who says it, and not some anonymous person making unsupported claims against people who may, or may not, be innocent. Every defendant should have the right to face and know the identity of their accuser, and this right is taken away on social media with these anonymous accusations.

[+] 2 users Like Free's post
24-02-2018, 06:24 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2018 06:27 PM by Thena323.)
(24-02-2018 05:45 PM)Free Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 05:09 PM)julep Wrote:  That would make two of us.

Maybe you could give an example of someone that you know for certain lost a job on the basis of anonymous tweets that simply allege s/he told a woman in the early 2000s that she had a nice ass.

I will give you examples of the #MeToo movement being abused:

Actor Aziz Ansari was accused of sexual assault by an anonymous woman called “Grace” on Babe.net after a date went sour last September.

Another one here.

These are just a couple of the more public ones. And recently, a friend of my daughters- Jacob Hoggard from Hedley- was accused of sexual assault. Personally, I think there may be something to it. However, I watched as anonymous people came out from the woodwork on Twitter and Facebook making accusations anonymously with no supporting evidence, no witnesses, etc.

Sure, SPEAK UP, but what this does is make the possible real accusations suspect. Jacob placed my post and embedded it at the top of the Hedley response section on their Facebook page. It's still there, encouraging people not to make anonymous posts as they can destroy people's lives.

Mr. Ansari might not be the best example to cite in regards to false sexual misconduct allegations, as he did NOT dispute the accuser's account of what happened; only that he thought that she was "into it"...."It" appearing to include several incidences of forcible/unwanted touching. Nor did he dispute the fact that was he was told that she felt uncomfortable and "did not want to feel forced"....and that she didn't want to wish to wind up hating him, because he was making her feel forced.

He just thought she "cool with it", and apologized for not recognizing that.
[+] 1 user Likes Thena323's post
24-02-2018, 06:31 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2018 06:41 PM by Free.)
(24-02-2018 06:24 PM)Thena323 Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 05:45 PM)Free Wrote:  I will give you examples of the #MeToo movement being abused:

Another one here.

Mr. Ansari might not be the best example to cite in regards to false sexual misconduct allegations, as he did NOT dispute the accuser's account of what happened; only that he thought that she was "into it"...."It" appearing to include several incidences of forcible/unwanted touching. Nor did he dispute the fact that was he was told that she felt uncomfortable and "did not want to feel forced"....and that she didn't want to wish to wind up hating him, because he was making her feel forced.

He just thought she "cool with it", and apologized for not recognizing that.

And do you think that is deserving him being hounded on social media? His approach to her is atypical of the approach virtually all guys use. The thing is, she said "no" and he backed off.

And now that is deserving of being a #MeToo moment? The girl was with him, kissing him, allowing him to touch her sexually for quite some time. He goes to get a condom, and she then says she's not willing to go that far. He backs off.

Why does this need to be a #MeToo moment? It's crap like this that is going to bring down the #MeToo movement.

24-02-2018, 06:40 PM
Richard Feynman was a misogynistic pig who felt if he bought a woman a drink in a bar she was obligated to fuck him. ... just sayin', ... apropos of nothing.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post