Lawrence Krauss' book comes out today. Teehee.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2012, 03:44 PM
RE: Lawrence Krauss' book comes out today. Teehee.
Sweet! I've been wating for this book for a while! I hope they translate it an publish them in latin american countries soon, but knowing how impatient I am, I'll probably import a copy. Big Grin

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”
-Georgia Harkness.

"La fe es patrimonio de los pendejos. (Faith is patrimony of the dumbfucks)."
-Diego Rivera
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2012, 08:29 PM
I've been thinking about looking for something like this and the reviews look good. Is this expected to be a light, medium or heavy read? I could probably take on a light to medium read right now, but nothing more. Life's too hectic for more Confused
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
16-01-2012, 05:05 PM
Pissed I'm too broke to buy it at the moment. Someone with the book mind calling me and reading it to me? lmao Tongue

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
[+] 2 users Like Clint Barnett's post
17-01-2012, 11:21 AM
(12-01-2012 08:29 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I've been thinking about looking for something like this and the reviews look good. Is this expected to be a light, medium or heavy read? I could probably take on a light to medium read right now, but nothing more. Life's too hectic for more Confused

Having read several of his other books, I can say that I expect it to be a medium read but engrossing and very entertaining.
I look forward to going through it.
If you have not seen the talk that spawned it all A Universe From Nothing on YouTube yet, by all means do so.
[+] 2 users Like TalladegaTom's post
17-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Ha, I got my new forum signature from this Smile

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
22-02-2012, 11:10 PM
Hey guys, I actually wrote a review of this book right now, and since it's my first review ever I would like to hear some opinions, if anyone's up for it? It can be found here, so leave a comment there, here, whatever. And no, I'm not just advertising my blog, it has goddamn two posts, there's nothing to be advertised, I swear :3

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]
23-02-2012, 08:46 PM
(17-01-2012 04:42 PM)DeepThought Wrote:  Ha, I got my new forum signature from this Smile

Thats a nice quote.
23-02-2012, 09:49 PM
(22-02-2012 11:10 PM)le_procyon Wrote:  Hey guys, I actually wrote a review of this book right now, and since it's my first review ever I would like to hear some opinions, if anyone's up for it? It can be found here, so leave a comment there, here, whatever. And no, I'm not just advertising my blog, it has goddamn two posts, there's nothing to be advertised, I swear :3

Nice review man.
So no complex terms in the book? I must read it!!

DISCLAIMER: If you find a message from me offensive, inappropriate, or disruptive, please ignore it.
If you don't know how to ignore a message, complain to me and I will be happy to demonstrate.

[Image: tta.php]
23-02-2012, 10:11 PM
(23-02-2012 09:49 PM)KVron Wrote:  
(22-02-2012 11:10 PM)le_procyon Wrote:  Hey guys, I actually wrote a review of this book right now, and since it's my first review ever I would like to hear some opinions, if anyone's up for it? It can be found here, so leave a comment there, here, whatever. And no, I'm not just advertising my blog, it has goddamn two posts, there's nothing to be advertised, I swear :3

Nice review man.
So no complex terms in the book? I must read it!!

Well, as I said on the blog, there are some complex terms, but they are explained very well, and quite simply, at least for the needs of a book like this. And yeah, I definitely recommend it to everyone.

[Image: s1hlsk.gif]