Laws on soliciting

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Laws on soliciting
I'm so sick and tired of solicitors at my house.

What are the laws on this? If I put up a sign in plain sight, they are legally bound to not solicit my house. Correct?

Also, they are legally bound by a verbal or written request to not solicit if asked. Correct?

FYI - I live in Livingston Parish in Louisiana.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-01-2013, 01:38 PM
RE: Laws on soliciting
(24-01-2013 01:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm so sick and tired of solicitors at my house.

What are the laws on this? If I put up a sign in plain sight, they are legally bound to not solicit my house. Correct?

Also, they are legally bound by a verbal or written request to not solicit if asked. Correct?

Is "brandishing a firearm" an offense in your parish? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
24-01-2013, 01:48 PM
In the Uk the name is different from soliciting. I used to be a canvas manager and I used to train people up to be the annoying people who come and knock on your door.

Im not sure about the laws in the states but I do know that over here people put signs up and we used to ignore them, people used to have the signs and I still used to book them. Its their job to talk to you so signs wont stop them.

Best thing to do is ask all of the people you know to go around to your back door, then when someone knocks on the front door just ignore it if your not expecting anybody.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
24-01-2013, 01:51 PM
We have a No Soliciting sign on the door and I hate it because it sometimes keeps the kids away that I would buy from, like the scouts.
Mostly it has worked for us. The number of people coming to the door has dropped significantly. If they do knock, hubby points out the sign and asks if they can read. Those people generally don't make a return trip.

'See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way.' -JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
24-01-2013, 02:00 PM
I'd at least try a sign... make it very explicit. If they read it and still demand attendance, then they deserve whatever treatment they get.

Also, if you can get a creepy old man relative to live with you for a while, just let him answer the door a few times. Old people love to do bothersome shit. Also, they will scare away any solicitor because they never buy stuff.
That should take care of things for you. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-01-2013, 02:08 PM
(24-01-2013 01:38 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 01:14 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'm so sick and tired of solicitors at my house.

Is "brandishing a firearm" an offense in your parish? Consider
As long as I'm in my home... no.

I've considered this.

24-01-2013, 02:09 PM
(24-01-2013 02:00 PM)kim Wrote:  I'd at least try a sign... make it very explicit. If they read it and still demand attendance, then they deserve whatever treatment they get.

Also, if you can get a creepy old man relative to live with you for a while, just let him answer the door a few times. Old people love to do bothersome shit. Also, they will scare away any solicitor because they never buy stuff.

Yeah, I'll come down and stay for a month and answer the door. Just feed me some Cajun cookin' and we're square.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
24-01-2013, 02:09 PM
(24-01-2013 01:48 PM)bemore Wrote:  In the Uk the name is different from soliciting. I used to be a canvas manager and I used to train people up to be the annoying people who come and knock on your door.

Im not sure about the laws in the states but I do know that over here people put signs up and we used to ignore them, people used to have the signs and I still used to book them. Its their job to talk to you so signs wont stop them.

Best thing to do is ask all of the people you know to go around to your back door, then when someone knocks on the front door just ignore it if your not expecting anybody.
See, that's the issue. We have sleeping kids. Pounding on the door and ringing the doorbell doesn't gel well with their nap time.

24-01-2013, 02:10 PM
(24-01-2013 01:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  We have a No Soliciting sign on the door and I hate it because it sometimes keeps the kids away that I would buy from, like the scouts.
Mostly it has worked for us. The number of people coming to the door has dropped significantly. If they do knock, hubby points out the sign and asks if they can read. Those people generally don't make a return trip.
Quote:I'd
at least try a sign... make it very explicit. If they read it and still
demand attendance, then they deserve whatever treatment they get.

Also,
if you can get a creepy old man relative to live with you for a while,
just let him answer the door a few times. Old people love to do
bothersome shit. Also, they will scare away any solicitor because they
never buy stuff.

Yeah, gonna try a sign. Pretty sure that it's illegal to solicit if there is a sign up.

24-01-2013, 02:11 PM
(24-01-2013 02:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(24-01-2013 02:00 PM)kim Wrote:  I'd at least try a sign... make it very explicit. If they read it and still demand attendance, then they deserve whatever treatment they get.

Yeah, I'll come down and stay for a month and answer the door. Just feed me some Cajun cookin' and we're square.
lol deal.

Come during crawfish season. We'll stuff you full of "Cajun".

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Any liberals capable of defending income tax laws? frankksj 154 1,801 22-05-2014 03:56 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Stand your ground laws TheBeardedDude 184 3,125 03-08-2013 02:57 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Ohio really screwed women on this anti abortion laws Bows and Arrows 8 387 01-07-2013 08:35 PM
Last Post: Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver
  Blasphemy laws almost out the window! Janus 3 302 28-11-2012 08:34 AM
Last Post: Humakt
  Why do democrats hate voter ID laws so much? germanyt 41 2,500 18-05-2012 11:54 AM
Last Post: kineo
  What are the laws in the UK regarding close shifts (UK) Phenakist 1 242 18-03-2012 10:35 AM
Last Post: Karl
  Will we need laws on reproduction in the future? Buddy Christ 10 976 10-05-2011 04:46 PM
Last Post: Mindfields