Lawsuit Against Catholic Hospital

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Lawsuit Against Catholic Hospital
41,000 Doctors to Join Lawsuit Against Catholic Hospital Over Denial of Care

https://rewire.news/article/2016/04/27/d...nial-care/

Quote:Religious directives, written by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, forbid doctors at Catholic facilities from providing birth control and performing common reproductive health procedures.

California’s largest medical association will join a lawsuit against the state’s largest hospital system for using religious directives to deny basic reproductive health care to patients.

The 41,000-member California Medical Association (CMA) filed a motion Wednesday in state Superior Court to join an American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) lawsuit against the Catholic hospital chain Dignity Health, the fifth largest health-care system in the country.

The ACLU lawsuit stems from the case of a Dignity Health patient who was denied a tubal ligation. The patient’s physician agreed to perform the procedure during her cesarean section, but the hospital refused the doctor’s request, citing religious directives written by Catholic bishops that classify sterilization as “intrinsically evil.”

The plaintiffs argue that forcing doctors to deny basic health care on the basis of religious objections creates a conflict between the medical well-being of patients and the directives of the Catholic hospital system. They also contend that withholding medical care for reasons unrelated to medicine is illegal in California.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Dom's post
28-04-2016, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2016 07:46 PM by Heatheness.)
RE: Lawsuit Against Catholic Hospital
(28-04-2016 06:56 PM)Dom Wrote:  41,000 Doctors to Join Lawsuit Against Catholic Hospital Over Denial of Care

https://rewire.news/article/2016/04/27/d...nial-care/

Quote:Religious directives, written by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, forbid doctors at Catholic facilities from providing birth control and performing common reproductive health procedures.

California’s largest medical association will join a lawsuit against the state’s largest hospital system for using religious directives to deny basic reproductive health care to patients.

The 41,000-member California Medical Association (CMA) filed a motion Wednesday in state Superior Court to join an American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) lawsuit against the Catholic hospital chain Dignity Health, the fifth largest health-care system in the country.

The ACLU lawsuit stems from the case of a Dignity Health patient who was denied a tubal ligation. The patient’s physician agreed to perform the procedure during her cesarean section, but the hospital refused the doctor’s request, citing religious directives written by Catholic bishops that classify sterilization as “intrinsically evil.”

The plaintiffs argue that forcing doctors to deny basic health care on the basis of religious objections creates a conflict between the medical well-being of patients and the directives of the Catholic hospital system. They also contend that withholding medical care for reasons unrelated to medicine is illegal in California.

I saw this post on the ACLU site. I hope they tear them asunder on this BS. It's ridicules and obscene to go into the field of medical science and then hold your boogeyman god above the health and wellbeing of your patients.

They have a virtually monopoly on healthcare in the US and this kind of manipulation and control should not be tolerated.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
28-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Quote:I saw this post on the ACLU site. I hope they tear them asunder on this BS. It's ridicules and obscene to go into the field of medicine science and then hold your boogeyman god above the health and wellbeing of your patients.

The fuckers aren't in it for the health and well-being of the patients. They are in it for the money.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
28-04-2016, 07:44 PM
(28-04-2016 07:37 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  
Quote:I saw this post on the ACLU site. I hope they tear them asunder on this BS. It's ridicules and obscene to go into the field of medicine science and then hold your boogeyman god above the health and wellbeing of your patients.

The fuckers aren't in it for the health and well-being of the patients. They are in it for the money.

and control. It smacks of the missionaries going to the most needy parts of the world with food, medicines and a bible.... want to eat or be well, listen to the word of god. Only here it's, want a hospital, want care and life saving technology... come into our god-world to get it, follow our rules or do without.

It's vile and disgusting.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
28-04-2016, 07:47 PM
If they had to choose between money and control, they'll take the money.

Never lose site of the fact that religion is inherently a scam.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
29-04-2016, 12:03 AM
It's how the Catholic Church has been trying to sideline the abortion debate, by buying up hospitals and simply denying services under religious exemptions.

I hope they get burned for this. They're endangering people's lives with their petty bullshit.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
29-04-2016, 12:12 AM
I hope that catholic hospital will lose.

I must say I don't get the doctors for whom their "conscience" is more important that well-being of patients.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
29-04-2016, 12:27 AM
(29-04-2016 12:12 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I hope that catholic hospital will lose.

I must say I don't get the doctors for whom their "conscience" is more important that well-being of patients.

If your personal politics are more important than your patient's well being, you should never be in charge of the care of other people. Full stop.

[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
29-04-2016, 12:32 AM
(29-04-2016 12:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 12:12 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  I hope that catholic hospital will lose.

If your personal politics are more important than your patient's well being, you should never be in charge of the care of other people. Full stop.

Obviously. Sadly it isn't the case and this result in idiocy like doctors being against euthanasia cause only god can take life.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
29-04-2016, 12:46 AM
(29-04-2016 12:32 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(29-04-2016 12:27 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  If your personal politics are more important than your patient's well being, you should never be in charge of the care of other people. Full stop.

Obviously. Sadly it isn't the case and this result in idiocy like doctors being against euthanasia cause only god can take life.

Only god can take life? Did someone forget to tell the Catholics that? I seem to remember them involved in a whole hell of a lot of killing. Gasp