Lawsuit for allowing prayer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2015, 10:22 AM
RE: Lawsuit for allowing prayer
(15-08-2015 10:05 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm sorry, I seem to have given you the impression I value your opinion.
Let me assure you in all sincerity that I don't.
No, no. Do not apologize.
I didn't even ask you to value my opinion.Big Grin

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2015, 10:30 AM
Liberals: if you do not BELIEVE in Obama's policy it is because you are racist.
Alla: I like this "logic"

Liberals: if you do not BELIEVE in global warming it is because you hate clean air and water.
Alla: I like this 'logic"

Liberals: if you do not BELIEVE in abortions it is because you hate women
Alla: I like this logic

Liberals: if you BELIEVE in a marriage between a man and woman only it is because you hate people(gays)
Alla: I like this logic.

Alla: if you do NOT BELEIVE that Christians should be allowed to say a prayer before the game it is because you are bigot , you hate Christians.
Liberals: You are stupid. I don't care about your opinion

Nice. Then who cares about what liberals think?

15-08-2015, 12:30 PM
(15-08-2015 10:22 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 10:05 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm sorry, I seem to have given you the impression I value your opinion.
Let me assure you in all sincerity that I don't.
No, no. Do not apologize.
I didn't even ask you to value my opinion.Big Grin

I don't care what you asked or didn't ask, either.
15-08-2015, 01:16 PM
(15-08-2015 12:30 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I don't care what you asked or didn't ask, either.
Facepalm ay dios mio

15-08-2015, 01:42 PM
(15-08-2015 08:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well, are they praying for victory or for a "closer walk with God"? Surely even fundamentalists are not so crass as to pray that their team will win?
When David Tua (heavyweight boxer) prayed before a fight he would pray for the safety of his opponent rather than for the win.
15-08-2015, 01:47 PM
(15-08-2015 01:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 08:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well, are they praying for victory or for a "closer walk with God"? Surely even fundamentalists are not so crass as to pray that their team will win?
When David Tua (heavyweight boxer) prayed before a fight he would pray for the safety of his opponent rather than for the win.

A perfect example of the stupidity of prayer.

David Tua: "Please God, don't let my opponent get hurt"

God: "Gee you stupid fuck, did it occur to you to quit hitting the bastard in the head?"

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-08-2015, 02:12 PM
(14-08-2015 06:29 AM)microterf Wrote:  Our premise is 1. Prayer to X god works, as stated by pastors x,y,z with examples 1,2,3. 2. Anybody praying to X god, is then giving their team an unfair advantage. 3. Since the NFL doesn't specifically ban praying to x god, it is not protecting the integrity of the game, and being fans, or bettors on these games, we want the fairest game with as little outside influence on the game as possible.

I think atheists lose no matter what happens.

If you win then public prayer stops at football games but it is on record that atheists sued because prayer works and god is real.

If you lose then they can claim the right to public prayer anywhere because it has been shown to be harmless.

If the case is thrown out because the plaintiff can't swear to the arguments he is claiming damages for then atheists look bad for trying to lie to get their way.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
15-08-2015, 05:01 PM
The whole key to this is to take pastors who have made specific claims of intercessory prayer working, and have them testify about the prayer claims.

It doesn't have to be me, or any known atheist that sues. It has to be a fan who cares about the integrity of the game. We are basing the intercessory prayer working on statements from multiple religious leaders who claim this as evidence.

If you believe that intercessory prayer works, then you have to acknowledge that it could give an unfair advantage to a team or player that is being prayed for.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
16-08-2015, 01:52 AM
(15-08-2015 01:47 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 01:42 PM)Stevil Wrote:  When David Tua (heavyweight boxer) prayed before a fight he would pray for the safety of his opponent rather than for the win.

A perfect example of the stupidity of prayer.

David Tua: "Please God, don't let my opponent get hurt"

God: "Gee you stupid fuck, did it occur to you to quit hitting the bastard in the head?"

Well, actually I love boxing and have a great respect for Tua despite his indoctrinated religious beliefs.
He was praying that his opposition wouldn't get seriously hurt, like death, or brain damage etc. It happens in boxing and it was Tua's job to go out there and hit the shit out of his opponent.

Of course prayer is silly because statistically speaking there would be no difference whether he prayed or not, but he was brought up in that culture, brought up to believe BS like that. But interesting that he prayed for the safety of his opponent rather than for the win.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
16-08-2015, 01:57 AM
(15-08-2015 05:01 PM)microterf Wrote:  If you believe that intercessory prayer works, then you have to acknowledge that it could give an unfair advantage to a team or player that is being prayed for.
But it depends on their belief. They may not believe that they can pray for a win. They may believe that they can pray for other things, like determinations, courage etc. Most smart religious leaders will never make claims that can be statistically proven.