Lawsuit for allowing prayer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 01:12 AM
RE: Lawsuit for allowing prayer
(17-08-2015 12:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  You are mistaken. Atheists here are clever and pretty. Stop projecting.

[Image: WcFr0.jpg?1]

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-08-2015, 01:14 AM
(17-08-2015 12:52 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Individuals and corporations are not liable for acts of God.

Nobody is liable for acts of god, because they never happen.

God doesn't do shit... Drinking Beverage

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
17-08-2015, 01:19 AM
*considers Dawkins and Dennet.*

Well, we got the brains at least.
17-08-2015, 02:15 AM
(15-08-2015 09:53 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 08:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well, are they praying for victory or for a "closer walk with God"? Surely even fundamentalists are not so crass as to pray that their team will win?
May be they ask God that He would help them to be strong and to play to the best of their abilities?
And the other team may be asks God that He would help them to be strong and to play to the best of their abilities.
Sounds very fair to me.

That's why they practice, train, and exercise. No God. No magic help. Sure many of the athletes still pray, but if prayer worked why bother with training?
17-08-2015, 06:25 AM
(17-08-2015 02:15 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  If prayer worked why bother with training?

Inverse Pascal's wager?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
17-08-2015, 07:01 AM
(15-08-2015 09:53 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(15-08-2015 08:37 AM)morondog Wrote:  Well, are they praying for victory or for a "closer walk with God"? Surely even fundamentalists are not so crass as to pray that their team will win?
May be they ask God that He would help them to be strong and to play to the best of their abilities?
And the other team may be asks God that He would help them to be strong and to play to the best of their abilities.
Sounds very fair to me.

Yes Alla, I'm sure that people do pray for that. That is not what this is about. This is specific. Do you believe that your god can intercede on your behalf? If not, do you acknowledge that religious leaders have made claims of intercessory prayer?

So if they claim that this is true as many believe it is, then it means that their god can change the outcome of a situation (including a sports game) 26% of Americans believe that God chooses who wins sports games.

So if intercessory prayer works, and somebody can pray to get the favor of a god, how does that not give that person or team an advantage? This is why it should be banned. If it is banned, can someone still pray and get an advantage without getting caught? Probably. Can someone use steroids and gain an advantage without getting caught? Many have, but it is still banned.

Games should not be decided by any one person or team having an unfair advantage over another team.

Remember, just because you want something to be true, doesn't make it true. Yes, even if you have faith.
[+] 1 user Likes microterf's post