Layers of Hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-11-2010, 12:29 AM
RE: Layers of Hell
Um...could someone have the guts to check the catechism of the catholic church before we go nuts on the idea of what catholics think hell is?

The teaching of the Church affirms the existence of hell and its eternity. Immediately after death the souls of those who die in a state of mortal sin descend into hell, where they suffer the punishments of hell, "eternal fire."615 The chief punishment of hell is eternal separation from God, in whom alone man can possess the life and happiness for which he was created and for which he longs.

I'm surprised you didn't ask your friend the basic question. Why do we deserve torture at all for having the gall to ask for proof before dedicating our lives to god? If your god is benevolent isn't that cruel?

from section 1035.

So basically your friend was not quoting catholic dogma but rather his own opinion. However if you ask me the church is being extremely dishonest at best about the nature of hell and doesn't want to own up to what Jesus clearly labels it as. A place of torture and misery.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-11-2010, 08:04 AM
(21-11-2010 12:29 AM)Godless Wrote:  I'm surprised you didn't ask your friend the basic question. Why do we deserve torture at all for having the gall to ask for proof before dedicating our lives to god? If your god is benevolent isn't that cruel?

The thing is I've asked him that before but he just refuses to think for himself. He always comes back with "its not my place to judge why you deserve hell, I'm just going to trust that god has our best interests at heart"

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
21-11-2010, 09:09 AM
Sounds like a great friend.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
21-11-2010, 09:13 AM
(21-11-2010 09:09 AM)BnW Wrote:  Sounds like a great friend.

I tend to use the term 'friend' loosely in most cases. Simply for lack of a better word.

Hey brother christian, with your high and mighty errand, your actions speak so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying.

"This machine kills fascists..."

"Well this machine kills commies!"
21-11-2010, 11:47 AM

Wow! That's the kind of Catholic friend to whom I would remark. That's some omniscient God you got going there, creating a layered hell you'd never have to worry about, had he made you infallible and himself less judgmental!
I guess the omni-benevolent characteristic he's suppose to possess is just pagan propaganda, huh!?Undecided
Quote this message in a reply