Le Tour de France

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Le Tour de France
Anybody watching?

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2013, 02:44 AM
RE: Le Tour de France
(03-07-2013 12:14 AM)cufflink Wrote:  Anybody watching?

Nope, the entire sport is dirty so whoever wins will just vacate the title in less than a year.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
04-07-2013, 01:08 PM
I watched the Tour coverage religiously (pardon the expression) for three years in a row. After the Armstrong debacle, I told myself I wouldn't watch this year. But in fact I'm watching. It's just too involving. The TV coverage, especially in HD on a big screen, is fantastic--you feel you're right there on the road with the guys. The race tactics are fascinating. And the travelog is great. I mean, who knew Corsica was so beautiful? The whole thing is epic.

I'm hopeful that after the succession of black eyes it's gotten, the sport has finally learned its lesson. It would be a pity to see it die.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
04-07-2013, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-07-2013 01:32 PM by GirlyMan.)
I watch it for the dogs. Big Grin

(03-07-2013 02:44 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Nope, the entire sport is dirty so whoever wins will just vacate the title in less than a year.

I say just let 'em all juice and dope. Girly juices so why shouldn't they. I am far more interested in stretching the limits of human athleticism than a level playing field for individual achievement. And if that involves biotech and bioengineering and manipulating biochemistry, I say have at it. I see bodybuilders, where biochemistry is basically king and manipulating it is not nearly as frowned upon as other sports, as pioneers on the frontier of performance enhancement. Tongue

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.