Leading a Double Life

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-08-2015, 09:49 AM
RE: Leading a Double Life
(26-08-2015 09:38 AM)killnmesmalls Wrote:  I have days when I wonder what the hell am I still doing here.

I know you're not just talking about your locale, but are you still in Oklahoma?

I lived in OKC for a year, and it was all I could stand; I moved away the instant I landed another job. That place is insane.

If you are in the OKC area, I recommend you stop in on Fridays at the little restaurant/bar in the Paseo District; there's an atheist group that meets there, of all ages, and they have some pretty cool people.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-08-2015, 10:43 AM
(26-08-2015 09:49 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 09:38 AM)killnmesmalls Wrote:  I have days when I wonder what the hell am I still doing here.

I know you're not just talking about your locale, but are you still in Oklahoma?

I lived in OKC for a year, and it was all I could stand; I moved away the instant I landed another job. That place is insane.

If you are in the OKC area, I recommend you stop in on Fridays at the little restaurant/bar in the Paseo District; there's an atheist group that meets there, of all ages, and they have some pretty cool people.

RocketSurgeon76, I moved out of Okla about 13 years ago, thankfully. I live in the Dallas area now. We still have some family on Okla but I try to avoid it as much as possible. Seeing all the religion billboards as u drive thru the state is extremely annoying!
[+] 1 user Likes killnmesmalls's post
26-08-2015, 11:45 AM
(26-08-2015 10:43 AM)killnmesmalls Wrote:  as u drive thru the state

I found your problem.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
26-08-2015, 11:53 AM
Hi cool named guy, glad you are here. All manner of atheist hang out here, from life long to newly realized ... we even have a couple of theists bumbling about.

Since we are global, you'll find many perspectives here and much to discuss. Jump right in!

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
26-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Welcome Smile

“We can judge our progress by the courage of our questions and the depth of our answers, our willingness to embrace what is true rather than what feels good.”
― Carl Sagan
26-08-2015, 03:38 PM
(26-08-2015 09:38 AM)killnmesmalls Wrote:  Deidre32, I do see where you're coming from and I have days when I wonder what the hell am I still doing here. LOL. But we have an 11 yr old and a toddler together, and after the losses I've had over the last 10 years, battling depression, and losing my faith, I kinda feel like they're all I have left. It's a crazy battle, the religion stuff drives me nuts, and there are days when I just want to come out and take my chances, but I usually just try to keep everyone happy. It's fucked up, I know, but for now I've just decided to roll with it and not risk blowing it up, cause I think that may be worse than the current situation. For now I'm just trying to deal with it, day to day. It's kinda my "glue" for now. :-)

Welcome, I hope we can be some help to you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post