Leading on Jehovah's witnesses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2015, 08:22 AM
RE: Leading on Jehovah's witnesses
I think it would be impolite not to call your girlfriend to the door, after all they did ask for her. Evil_monster

What does she say to you after they leave? That you’re an asshole or something less endearing?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
12-03-2015, 08:26 AM
You are not and asshole. She needs to have the backbone to tell them to get lost. Why not keep near the door, the t-shirt that reads "he's not coming back, get over it" so next time they knock on your door just ask your girlfriend to wear it so she can be done with it.
[+] 1 user Likes Iñigo's post
12-03-2015, 08:46 AM
One thing I hated about them was the snobbery they had when doing the rounds.

After a person had accepted or rejected the brochures and we moved on, the group of Witnesses would often make some kind of comment on the person's appearance, or suggest that they were drug addicts...

Fucking arseholes.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-03-2015, 09:16 AM
(12-03-2015 08:22 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think it would be impolite not to call your girlfriend to the door, after all they did ask for her. Evil_monster

What does she say to you after they leave? That you’re an asshole or something less endearing?

Well she says it, but she's good humored about it. I made no attempts to hide my smartass nature when we met, so it's not like it came as a surprise. There was no key moment when she suddenly figure out "Hey, this guy is kind of a pain in the ass sometimes." It was part of the whole package from the beginning. A bad sense of humor is a prerequisite for being around me and not losing your mind. And each time I tell her, all you have to do is tell them, just once, that you're an atheist and aren't interested and they'll mark you off on their little book as not being a good time investment for them. I'm never going to do it for her not because I'm not willing to, but because I find the interaction too entertaining.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-03-2015, 09:18 AM
(12-03-2015 09:16 AM)yakherder Wrote:  I'm never going to do it for her not because I'm not willing to, but because I find the interaction too entertaining.

You and I would get along great Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
12-03-2015, 01:36 PM
Leading on Jehovah's witnesses
The main reason why the Jehovah's Witness are not troubled if you turn them away is because part of their faith is gaining " points" for every visit they make. And of course the more points you have.............
[+] 2 users Like peter.click44's post
12-03-2015, 06:00 PM
(11-03-2015 09:02 PM)yakherder Wrote:  So... My girlfriend is Atheist, and does not in any way keep it hidden under normal circumstances. But we've got a thing going on with some Jehovah's witnesses that stop by from time to time.

Though both of us are well out of the closet, so to speak, she has trouble being what she considers "mean" to people who treat her nicely, and it just so happens that's how Jehovah's witnesses operate. When they stopped by and I answered the door the first time, several years ago, I was polite but informed them that I was agnostic and had no interest. A few weeks later I came home and found some pamphlets from them because my girlfriend, unlike me, felt bad that they were walking around in shitty weather going from door to door and didn't have the heart to tell them she wasn't interested, so she said she'd at least take a look at the pamphlets.

Fast forward a couple years... They're still stopping by every couple weeks. When they talk to her, she still pretends like she's interested in an effort to not be rude. She then tries to pawn it off on me to be the mean one, requesting that the next time I answer to the door to tell them she's not interested either. But nope, I'm having way too much fun with it. They're always disappointed when it's me who answers the door, nonetheless they ask if my girlfriend is available to talk and, of course, I always give an enthusiastic "yes," bring her their most recent brochures, and inform her that her best friends the Jehovah's witnesses are here to talk to her. Then I sit back and watch in amusement as she attempts to make her way through the conversation and get rid of them without being rude, after which I have myself a good laugh.

Am I an asshole?

Hahaha. I don't think you're an asshole. I think you're looking for some entertainment. I think it's funny.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
13-03-2015, 02:38 AM
(11-03-2015 09:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The JWs used to take the time to drive out to my grandparents' farm when I lived there in my early 20s. They were nice and I would invite them in if the weather was bad or someone was afraid of our dog. After a while, they got really pushy and I became less welcoming.

Last Saturday a couple ladies showed up here. They were polite. One handed me a brochure that I flipped open and saw was JW literature. It wasn't a Watchtower so I had to look to figure out what flavor of god pusher she was. I handed it back and said no thank you. She thanked me for answering the door. Went on with my day.

I have only had one big blowup with religion peddlers and that was days after my cancer diagnosis. What I didn't need to hear at that moment was that I should pray for healing.

Any who get pushy, get push back from me. Otherwise, I don't want to come off as the angry, rude atheist.
jws dont believe in the bible right? They have like there own bible? Or is that simply mormans.... either way they are not suppose to go pushing themselves on people if they believe what the bible has to say....
13-03-2015, 02:40 AM
(12-03-2015 01:36 PM)peter.click44 Wrote:  The main reason why the Jehovah's Witness are not troubled if you turn them away is because part of their faith is gaining " points" for every visit they make. And of course the more points you have.............
Lmao thats terrible..... Mom ive almost gained enough points to get a pony!
13-03-2015, 02:43 AM
(12-03-2015 08:46 AM)Sam Wrote:  One thing I hated about them was the snobbery they had when doing the rounds.

After a person had accepted or rejected the brochures and we moved on, the group of Witnesses would often make some kind of comment on the person's appearance, or suggest that they were drug addicts...

Fucking arseholes.
Fucking assholes is right.