Leading on Jehovah's witnesses

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-03-2015, 04:27 AM
RE: Leading on Jehovah's witnesses
(13-03-2015 02:38 AM)A New Hope Wrote:  
(11-03-2015 09:09 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The JWs used to take the time to drive out to my grandparents' farm when I lived there in my early 20s. They were nice and I would invite them in if the weather was bad or someone was afraid of our dog. After a while, they got really pushy and I became less welcoming.

Last Saturday a couple ladies showed up here. They were polite. One handed me a brochure that I flipped open and saw was JW literature. It wasn't a Watchtower so I had to look to figure out what flavor of god pusher she was. I handed it back and said no thank you. She thanked me for answering the door. Went on with my day.

I have only had one big blowup with religion peddlers and that was days after my cancer diagnosis. What I didn't need to hear at that moment was that I should pray for healing.

Any who get pushy, get push back from me. Otherwise, I don't want to come off as the angry, rude atheist.
jws dont believe in the bible right? They have like there own bible? Or is that simply mormans.... either way they are not suppose to go pushing themselves on people if they believe what the bible has to say....

They use this one:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World...Scriptures

Mormons believe in the bible too, they just have other even nuttier stuff they've added in addition to it to make their version of Christianity more 'Murikan.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2015, 07:08 PM
I love talking to Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, and any other sort of evangelists. I'm always polite, and I try to keep them going as long as I can. Occasionally I try to evangelize them to Pastafarianism, but more often I try to figure out what they believe, and ask questions they might not be able to answer. I do this because it's fun, and because the longer I keep them, the less time they have to pester my neighbors. Unfortunately, they don't come to the neighborhood I live in now because it's posted No Solicitation. But I do love me a good argument with pleasant-tempered nut jobs.
18-03-2015, 07:11 PM
Next time they drop by, give them a copy of The God Delusion.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
19-03-2015, 06:16 AM
I had a friend really damaged from being brought up JW, he actually ended up resorting to drugs.

The ones I've had call are really very pushy. When I was still in church I got caught by them and told them that I was already in a church ~ not good enough, how did I know my church was the right one?

I wouldn't want to toy with them long term but I'd be tempted to invite them in next time for a nice long chat, maybe.

- Talking lions, magic wardrobes, witches with Turkish Delight - GOOD - Muggles, Quidditch and Dark Arts Lessons - BAD -