Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: Scientology
(03-01-2017 09:38 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  Oh yes, very scary! That guy always spooked me!

The Leah Remini special is good...it's more about covering specific ex-members and their stories. Some of it is heartbreaking Sad

The Going Clear special on HBO is also really good, if you get a chance to see it.

That I saw--it was very good.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
03-01-2017, 09:46 PM
See signature.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
03-01-2017, 10:02 PM
I started watching Leah Remini's show a few weeks ago and today, out of the blue, I get this advertising packet from Scientology. I've never gotten anything from Scientology before.

Creepy.
03-01-2017, 10:03 PM
(03-01-2017 10:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I started watching Leah Remini's show a few weeks ago and today, out of the blue, I get this advertising packet from Scientology. I've never gotten anything from Scientology before.

Creepy.

woah!! That has to be a coincidence, but a scary one, nonetheless!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
03-01-2017, 10:05 PM
(03-01-2017 10:03 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 10:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I started watching Leah Remini's show a few weeks ago and today, out of the blue, I get this advertising packet from Scientology. I've never gotten anything from Scientology before.

Creepy.

woah!! That has to be a coincidence, but a scary one, nonetheless!

I'm not convinced. The series does talk about illegal data collection practices.
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
03-01-2017, 10:06 PM
I'm watching it. I live in the same county as the guy (Mike) on the show (and Scientology's headquarters in Florida) and contacted him via his blog. He emailed me back because we have mutual friends from the Times, which is Scientology's No. 1 enemy and I worked in that newsroom for 13 years. I told him Scientology is similar to other religions and I hope he didn't escape one prison only to land in another one.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2017, 10:10 PM
oh wow! Small world.

I didn't realize they owned so much property in Clearwater. They touched on that in tonight's episode.

Is Mike turning to another religion?? I would think he has had enough brainwashing in his lifetime!

03-01-2017, 10:15 PM
(03-01-2017 10:10 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  oh wow! Small world.

I didn't realize they owned so much property in Clearwater. They touched on that in tonight's episode.

Is Mike turning to another religion?? I would think he has had enough brainwashing in his lifetime!

He didn't say, but I read somewhere, maybe even here, that Leah has turned back to Christianity.

Yeah, they have to keep buying property and buildings to keep up the non-profit tax-exempt status.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2017, 10:16 PM
(03-01-2017 10:06 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm watching it. I live in the same county as the guy (Mike) on the show (and Scientology's headquarters in Florida) and contacted him via his blog. He emailed me back because we have mutual friends from the Times, which is Scientology's No. 1 enemy and I worked in that newsroom for 13 years. I told him Scientology is similar to other religions and I hope he didn't escape one prison only to land in another one.

Having watched a handful of documentaries on Scientology, I don't get the impression that it's anything like other religions. Dodgy
03-01-2017, 10:23 PM
(03-01-2017 10:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 10:06 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm watching it. I live in the same county as the guy (Mike) on the show (and Scientology's headquarters in Florida) and contacted him via his blog. He emailed me back because we have mutual friends from the Times, which is Scientology's No. 1 enemy and I worked in that newsroom for 13 years. I told him Scientology is similar to other religions and I hope he didn't escape one prison only to land in another one.

Having watched a handful of documentaries on Scientology, I don't get the impression that it's anything like other religions. Dodgy

They definitely bring it to a new level of crazy! Although the shunning is reminiscent of LDS, JH and evangelicals. As is the tithing aspect.