Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-01-2017, 10:39 PM
RE: Scientology
(03-01-2017 10:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 10:06 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I'm watching it. I live in the same county as the guy (Mike) on the show (and Scientology's headquarters in Florida) and contacted him via his blog. He emailed me back because we have mutual friends from the Times, which is Scientology's No. 1 enemy and I worked in that newsroom for 13 years. I told him Scientology is similar to other religions and I hope he didn't escape one prison only to land in another one.

Having watched a handful of documentaries on Scientology, I don't get the impression that it's anything like other religions. Dodgy

Laughat

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
03-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Where can one watch this?

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
04-01-2017, 12:23 AM
(03-01-2017 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where can one watch this?

It's on OnDemand.
04-01-2017, 12:23 AM
(03-01-2017 10:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I started watching Leah Remini's show a few weeks ago and today, out of the blue, I get this advertising packet from Scientology. I've never gotten anything from Scientology before.

Creepy.

I started seeing Scientology ads all the time on Twitter. Suddenly they were following me (it's not like I say anything important or even use Twitter much) so I happily blocked them. It felt so good!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-01-2017, 04:57 AM
(03-01-2017 11:28 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Where can one watch this?

The show is on A&E on Tuesdays at 10p.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
04-01-2017, 03:12 PM
Watched a few episodes on A&E and it gets so insane it seems. Having people guard you so you don't leave, having your equivalent of the Pope beat you up, etc.

(03-01-2017 10:15 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 10:10 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  oh wow! Small world.

I didn't realize they owned so much property in Clearwater. They touched on that in tonight's episode.

Is Mike turning to another religion?? I would think he has had enough brainwashing in his lifetime!

He didn't say, but I read somewhere, maybe even here, that Leah has turned back to Christianity.

Yeah, they have to keep buying property and buildings to keep up the non-profit tax-exempt status.

That's us alright. She's goneto Catholicism.

Need to think of a witty signature.
04-01-2017, 04:04 PM
RE: Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath
(04-01-2017 03:12 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Watched a few episodes on A&E and it gets so insane it seems. Having people guard you so you don't leave, having your equivalent of the Pope beat you up, etc.

(03-01-2017 10:15 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  He didn't say, but I read somewhere, maybe even here, that Leah has turned back to Christianity.

Yeah, they have to keep buying property and buildings to keep up the non-profit tax-exempt status.

That's us alright. She's goneto Catholicism.
Sad.

----
04-01-2017, 04:11 PM
(03-01-2017 10:02 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I started watching Leah Remini's show a few weeks ago and today, out of the blue, I get this advertising packet from Scientology. I've never gotten anything from Scientology before.

Creepy.

Have you seen any low men in yellow coats?

(03-01-2017 10:16 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Having watched a handful of documentaries on Scientology, I don't get the impression that it's anything like other religions. Dodgy

Nobody appreciates satire anymore.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
04-01-2017, 04:49 PM
(03-01-2017 09:19 PM)ShadowProject Wrote:  I am admittedly fascinated by cults. Scientology is so insane that it baffles me why people stay in it...until you watch or read about it, then you understand WHY people stay. Brainwashing, punishment, separating families, shunning, you name it, Scientology has it all!

How many religions allow their members to jump ship without any repercussions?