Leasing a pub!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-05-2015, 05:48 PM
Leasing a pub!!!
I've given thought to the fact that I've been such an anti-social arse wipe on this forum and that I'd try to have some NORMAL conversations with people instead of my paranoid religionphobic rants!

Anyway, myself and my girlfriend are leasing a pub from a company in the UK. To say she is 19 (20 in Sept.) and I am 20, this is a huge step for us. I'm also in university and she's at Art college, will be at uni in the next year or so. The pub will be on the edge of a council estate, and the other area it's bordering on is one of those Jewish secluded areas (I'd like to try and encourage them to come around, though I don't know if they drink or not?). This means we'll be expecting some trouble, though it's nothing we can't handle. Does anyone else here run their own establishment as such? I'd like to hear some tips or any experiences you've have running one.

I know we won't make much money for the first couple of years. Minimum wage kind of pay, though we get the free accommodation above the pub.

We're both lovers of alcohol, not as a "get pissed" thing but brewery and drinking as an art and as a shared cultural ritual!

I'm so looking forward to this adventure. Even if it doesn't work out! In the future we've always dreamed of opening our own little public house in the country somewhere. Hopefully this will be the headstart to gaining some experiences and funds! I don't care much for running multiple pubs and earning a tonne of money. I will be content with being able to survive off what I earn, and earning it with the one I love.

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like SunnyD1's post
06-05-2015, 06:22 PM
RE: Leasing a pub!!!
(06-05-2015 05:48 PM)SunnyD1 Wrote:  I've given thought to the fact that I've been such an anti-social arse wipe on this forum and that I'd try to have some NORMAL conversations with people instead of my paranoid religionphobic rants!

Anyway, myself and my girlfriend are leasing a pub from a company in the UK. To say she is 19 (20 in Sept.) and I am 20, this is a huge step for us. I'm also in university and she's at Art college, will be at uni in the next year or so. The pub will be on the edge of a council estate, and the other area it's bordering on is one of those Jewish secluded areas (I'd like to try and encourage them to come around, though I don't know if they drink or not?). This means we'll be expecting some trouble, though it's nothing we can't handle. Does anyone else here run their own establishment as such? I'd like to hear some tips or any experiences you've have running one.

I know we won't make much money for the first couple of years. Minimum wage kind of pay, though we get the free accommodation above the pub.

We're both lovers of alcohol, not as a "get pissed" thing but brewery and drinking as an art and as a shared cultural ritual!

I'm so looking forward to this adventure. Even if it doesn't work out! In the future we've always dreamed of opening our own little public house in the country somewhere. Hopefully this will be the headstart to gaining some experiences and funds! I don't care much for running multiple pubs and earning a tonne of money. I will be content with being able to survive off what I earn, and earning it with the one I love.

I think that's great! Even if it's just for the experience, it's invaluable! Thumbsup

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post