Leave a message.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 01:01 PM
RE: Leave a message.
(01-12-2016 12:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Your posts about doing IT work for public servants in a heavily Christian, Bible Belt, state, entertain me to no end. Like your most recent one about how one of the legislators decided to 'anoint' her computer (including innards) and then couldn't figure out why the hell it had stopped working.

Laugh out load

"Why does the holy water make me 'puter demons worse!?"

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
02-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Uh hi...listen, I'm not offended, but a few of our more secular students probably will be. Because yeah, I'm pretty sure our department doesn't want a letter from FFRF for the holiday season because you have up a window sized decal of the Nativity with the words "Oh Holy Night" under it.

(01-12-2016 01:01 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(01-12-2016 12:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Your posts about doing IT work for public servants in a heavily Christian, Bible Belt, state, entertain me to no end. Like your most recent one about how one of the legislators decided to 'anoint' her computer (including innards) and then couldn't figure out why the hell it had stopped working.

Laugh out load

"Why does the holy water make me 'puter demons worse!?"

I laughed, really hard, but I could hear it in the voice of a person I know who would say that!! Laugh out load Alternatively, "Ahhhh, Windows was run by little demons! They'suh fleed from the box after I anointed it!"

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
02-12-2016, 07:46 AM
(02-12-2016 07:41 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Uh hi...listen, I'm not offended, but a few of our more secular students probably will be. Because yeah, I'm pretty sure our department doesn't want a letter from FFRF for the holiday season because you have up a window sized decal of the Nativity with the words "Oh Holy Night" under it.

It's persecution baiting. They're waiting for that letter eagerly.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-12-2016, 07:56 AM
(02-12-2016 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 07:41 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Uh hi...listen, I'm not offended, but a few of our more secular students probably will be. Because yeah, I'm pretty sure our department doesn't want a letter from FFRF for the holiday season because you have up a window sized decal of the Nativity with the words "Oh Holy Night" under it.

It's persecution baiting. They're waiting for that letter eagerly.

Public institution? Yeah, I'm taking that bait hook, line and sinker.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
02-12-2016, 08:03 AM
(29-11-2016 02:29 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I have at least one grievable offense against you, and grounds to possibly take legal action for discrimination (which would be the second time you've been sued for it in a decade). Do we really want to discuss 'issues' you have with me tomorrow?

How did it go?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-12-2016, 01:54 PM
(02-12-2016 07:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  It's persecution baiting. They're waiting for that letter eagerly.

Public institution? Yeah, I'm taking that bait hook, line and sinker.

And they will then angrily comply, at the same time generating a nice "We Christians are being persecuted by those evil secularists" headline. Nothing you can do really, they're just being dickheads.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
02-12-2016, 02:52 PM
(02-12-2016 08:03 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(29-11-2016 02:29 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I have at least one grievable offense against you, and grounds to possibly take legal action for discrimination (which would be the second time you've been sued for it in a decade). Do we really want to discuss 'issues' you have with me tomorrow?

How did it go?

Surprisingly well, thanks! Smile Chair was still harping on "how is the cheating situation going"...because at the end of my first semester, a year ago, I asked her what our policies as a university were on students cheating, because I'd caught 2 out of 250 between my 4 classes, cheating. She has brought it up 2-3 times per semester since. Even after I redesigned my syllabus to stop just short of burning the test in front of them if caught. Tongue (But there is the "I will take the test and you will receive a zero".)

(02-12-2016 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 07:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Public institution? Yeah, I'm taking that bait hook, line and sinker.

And they will then angrily comply, at the same time generating a nice "We Christians are being persecuted by those evil secularists" headline. Nothing you can do really, they're just being dickheads.

If it happens, then I'm sure. It's the person who decorates for every holiday, but this is a bit entirely inappropriate for a public institution...blatantly religious endorsement for a public institution. I'm amazed no one has commented on it yet, here, due to that.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-12-2016, 04:21 PM
(02-12-2016 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 07:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Public institution? Yeah, I'm taking that bait hook, line and sinker.

If they want to be passive aggressive about it, then that's cool too. I get to put up posters of Jesus with a target around his face with a few darts to throw at him. OR maybe I can put up a nice satanic holiday display.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
02-12-2016, 04:31 PM
I'm glad you stopped drinking.
I know I told you this to your face but ... you really have NO fucking idea how glad I really am.
It was getting too hard to watch all your hard work of a dozen years just fall away.
I know you can get back on track.
I know, now that you're more in control, you won't need or ask for my help but ... I'll help you any way I can.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
02-12-2016, 04:32 PM
(02-12-2016 04:21 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 01:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  And they will then angrily comply, at the same time generating a nice "We Christians are being persecuted by those evil secularists" headline. Nothing you can do really, they're just being dickheads.

If they want to be passive aggressive about it, then that's cool too. I get to put up posters of Jesus with a target around his face with a few darts to throw at him. OR maybe I can put up a nice satanic holiday display.

While I like the idea I think the buggers will try to burn down your embassy... speaking of which where's Chas? I ain't seen him forever.

[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post