Leave a message.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2016, 05:32 PM
RE: Leave a message.
(02-12-2016 02:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Surprisingly well, thanks! Smile Chair was still harping on "how is the cheating situation going"...because at the end of my first semester, a year ago, I asked her what our policies as a university were on students cheating, because I'd caught 2 out of 250 between my 4 classes, cheating. She has brought it up 2-3 times per semester since. Even after I redesigned my syllabus to stop just short of burning the test in front of them if caught. Tongue (But there is the "I will take the test and you will receive a zero".)

One place that I taught at sent that business to the Honour Council. They investigated and, if warranted, awarded a grade of XF: Failure Due To Academic Dishonesty. Very not something you want on your transcript. I had one student who had all the right answers to the other copy of the midterm. I think lighting it on fire would have been his preference judging by the sickly green hue that he turned when I told him.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
03-12-2016, 10:11 AM
Well Aliza if you want to move to Cheeseland and complain... (we'd welcome you, seriously! You'd die of cold, being from the South though; prof from Miami was talking last night about how cold he is, and we've only had snow once so far, and it's not even below 0F yet.)

(02-12-2016 05:32 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(02-12-2016 02:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Surprisingly well, thanks! Smile Chair was still harping on "how is the cheating situation going"...because at the end of my first semester, a year ago, I asked her what our policies as a university were on students cheating, because I'd caught 2 out of 250 between my 4 classes, cheating. She has brought it up 2-3 times per semester since. Even after I redesigned my syllabus to stop just short of burning the test in front of them if caught. Tongue (But there is the "I will take the test and you will receive a zero".)

One place that I taught at sent that business to the Honour Council. They investigated and, if warranted, awarded a grade of XF: Failure Due To Academic Dishonesty. Very not something you want on your transcript. I had one student who had all the right answers to the other copy of the midterm. I think lighting it on fire would have been his preference judging by the sickly green hue that he turned when I told him.
Oh dear...heh. Well played on your part using multiple copies, and that sounds very bad for the transcript (but he dug his own hole by cheating). I imagine no grad school would want to take someone with that on there...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2016, 10:23 AM
Sorry but your "best" isn't good enough.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
03-12-2016, 06:43 PM
Hey, you're a good person. Don't forget that when other people are getting you down.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2016, 08:49 PM
No, you dumbass; that is a really dumb idea.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
03-12-2016, 09:31 PM
Your love is the melody in the music of my heart, baby.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
03-12-2016, 09:57 PM
(03-12-2016 09:31 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Your love is the melody in the music of my heart, baby.

That's some sappy shit right there. Like eighth grade sappy shit.

Glad to hear you're in love like a school boy, everyone should be so lucky. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
03-12-2016, 10:31 PM
To the people who work at my store:

We are now in the holiday season, and for the most part, people will have patience and behave in a civil manner. However, we will have those few who choose to behave in an unproductive manner: do not let the good things you’ve done evaporate when encountering this type of behavior. I know how hard all of you work and how many great and meaningful experiences that you have given to the people who frequent our store. You all have contributed in making this store unique and special in your own way. As a result, please keep this in mind when encountering negativity, as IMO, this has a relaxing effect: it reminds you that you are a person who is valued and appreciated, which can help you be cool and objective in these situations and possibly diffuse them. With that said, thank you for your loyalty, dedication, and understanding; it is my hope that, as a team, we can make this holiday season fun, challenging, and memorable.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 1 user Likes Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
03-12-2016, 10:32 PM
(03-12-2016 10:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Sorry but your "best" isn't good enough.

Undecided But I polished it for *hours* Sadcryface2

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
03-12-2016, 10:54 PM
(03-12-2016 10:32 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 10:23 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Sorry but your "best" isn't good enough.

Undecided But I polished it for *hours* Sadcryface2

Wait, what are you polishing? Unsure Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post