Leave a message.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-12-2016, 02:24 PM
RE: Leave a message.
When someone explicitly tells you not to post a picture on facebook, they probably fucking mean it!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
07-12-2016, 11:09 PM
Based on my understanding of your organizational vision, you want to build connections with customers, which will motivate them to shop in our store rather than shop online. Hence, people will come for the experience rather than the merchandise, which IMO, is a promising vision.

Now, in our endeavor to accomplish this goal, there’s no denying the importance of ensuring that the structural, political, and symbolic aspects of our organization are strong. However, IMO, we are not paying enough attention to the human aspect. For example, it is my understanding that you would like managers to make connections with the people who work under them; however, from my observations, the connections between you and your direct management staff, are not as strong as they could be. IMO, this is part of a much bigger problem: all of us are espousing organizational values but are not enacting them to a level that is necessary for the exceptional growth and success of our organization. More specifically, we often fail to consistently acknowledge our peoples’ efforts and contributions to the organization, and when we do acknowledge them, it comes off like we are more concerned about our image rather than their well-being; thus, causing our people to think that we see them as objects to be used in accomplishing our goals rather than as people with unique goals and visions that can positively contribute to the success of the organization. As a result, this can cause our people (management and sales associates) to objectify our customers; thus, contradicting your main goal of making connections and giving people a memorable experience.

IMO, if we are going to tackle this problem directly, then a good starting point is to ensure that we are seeing and treating each other as people. In addition, we need to let our people know that what they do does matter and that it makes a difference, which acknowledges their efforts and can ultimately make work more meaningful for everyone. Furthermore, more common courtesy on our part, such as pleases and thank yous, will help our people feel more appreciated, acknowledged, and respected. If we can consistently put these actions into practice, then these behaviors will naturally be extended to our customers, which will give them that special experience that is important to you. More importantly, IMO, these basic actions will help our organization grow, because if people feel like their leaders actually care about them, then they’ll be willing to go that extra mile and do their best to take initiative and be leaders in their own way.

"I'm fearful when I see people substituting fear for reason." Klaatu, from The Day The Earth Stood Still (1951)
[+] 1 user Likes Kernel Sohcahtoa's post
07-12-2016, 11:56 PM
Me wanting to stay home most of the time and having only a few close friends is not abnormal, it's perfectly fine and I'm perfectly happy that way. I'm not broken.

... Unfortunately I will never pack the guts to actually say that to ya, but hey, got it out here.
[+] 2 users Like Diddlyboop's post
08-12-2016, 11:13 AM
Dude, I feel really bad. Didn't realize your finances were that tight, if you want to repackage some of the stuff I got your kid as being from you, you can. I don't want to give him more than his own dad.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
08-12-2016, 03:14 PM
Yes, actually, I can tell that you're popping pain pills again. I'm not the only one that notices.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

08-12-2016, 06:40 PM
...and when you can hardly stand, walk, or speak, it does no good to lie to my fucking face.

[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
08-12-2016, 10:05 PM
I'm not going to tell you that I'm upset with you. Instead, I've decided to behave passively aggressive until you figure out 1. That I am angry and 2. What it is that I'm angry about. That should be a delightful game for us me.

Oh who am I kidding? You know all too well that I can't keep anything from you. I'll probably just come right out with like I usually do. But please know that passive aggression was my original plan! Angry
[+] 4 users Like Aliza's post
08-12-2016, 10:37 PM
I'm pleased that you actually told me what was bothering you, as opposed to being all passive-aggressive about it. That makes life better for everyone! Heart
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
09-12-2016, 01:38 AM
Hey, you.

Quit picking on that one rebel caterpillar that is always climbing onto the lid and then falling down. He just likes his lid.

He's trying his best, man. Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Diddlyboop's post
09-12-2016, 07:28 PM
(08-12-2016 10:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I'm pleased that you actually told me what was bothering you, as opposed to being all passive-aggressive about it. That makes life better for everyone! Heart

Yeah, I just blurted it right out. I think all these passive aggressive thoughts, but I suck at the execution.