Leave a message.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-02-2017, 12:53 AM
RE: Leave a message.
(18-02-2017 04:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-02-2017 02:55 PM)kim Wrote:  I am uncomfortable, having cornered you into making a commitment. I've never done such a thing. I fear my outside interference could be a hollow foundation for your sobriety. The drink was killing the things that are you, far more rapidly than you realize. You were disappearing. I could not wait for there to be nothing left.

Hug

Don't apologize for giving a shit about someone.

^^^^^

As Pa Thump used to say, "A friend ain't someone who tells you what you want to hear -- a friend is someone who tells you what you need to hear."

What your alcoholic does with that information is on him, not you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
20-02-2017, 03:04 PM
If you thought my discussion with my coworker was too loud, you could have politely asked us to keep it down (which I already was trying to, so as not to disturb you, with your door open). Loudly remarking about students being too loud and slamming your door isn't nice. For one thing, it's unprofessional. For another, I'm not a student, but even if I was, it still wouldn't make it acceptable. For a third, you're an Adjunct on a semester by semester contract, and I'm an Assistant Professor, and I was offered your course for next semester and turned it down because I figured you needed the money and didn't want to put you out of this job that supplements your primary one. Now, I'm not an asshole enough to go demand that I be allowed to teach that course after all, and put you out of your secondary income, but learn to treat other human beings with dignity, okay? You're probably just having a bad day, but that's no reason to start slamming doors.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
20-02-2017, 03:09 PM
(20-02-2017 03:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  If you thought my discussion with my coworker was too loud, you could have politely asked us to keep it down (which I already was trying to, so as not to disturb you, with your door open). Loudly remarking about students being too loud and slamming your door isn't nice. For one thing, it's unprofessional. For another, I'm not a student, but even if I was, it still wouldn't make it acceptable. For a third, you're an Adjunct on a semester by semester contract, and I'm an Assistant Professor, and I was offered your course for next semester and turned it down because I figured you needed the money and didn't want to put you out of this job that supplements your primary one. Now, I'm not an asshole enough to go demand that I be allowed to teach that course after all, and put you out of your secondary income, but learn to treat other human beings with dignity, okay? You're probably just having a bad day, but that's no reason to start slamming doors.

You tell 'em, Shai!
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
20-02-2017, 03:20 PM
(20-02-2017 03:09 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-02-2017 03:04 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  If you thought my discussion with my coworker was too loud, you could have politely asked us to keep it down (which I already was trying to, so as not to disturb you, with your door open). Loudly remarking about students being too loud and slamming your door isn't nice. For one thing, it's unprofessional. For another, I'm not a student, but even if I was, it still wouldn't make it acceptable. For a third, you're an Adjunct on a semester by semester contract, and I'm an Assistant Professor, and I was offered your course for next semester and turned it down because I figured you needed the money and didn't want to put you out of this job that supplements your primary one. Now, I'm not an asshole enough to go demand that I be allowed to teach that course after all, and put you out of your secondary income, but learn to treat other human beings with dignity, okay? You're probably just having a bad day, but that's no reason to start slamming doors.

You tell 'em, Shai!

Thanks and may give him a mix of that and an apology if I catch him when he opens the door to leave. Don't want to seem like a jerk, but also don't want to seem like a doormat to be walked over by someone I outrank in the hierarchy, and do (as with the case of the offered class) have some control over the continued employment of to an extent.

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
20-02-2017, 03:34 PM
I miss you.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-03-2017, 04:26 PM (This post was last modified: 08-03-2017 04:39 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
<edited, I got it off my chest>
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
08-03-2017, 05:32 PM
In a bottle?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
08-03-2017, 05:58 PM
Get yo ass back on this forum, gurl, dayum! Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-03-2017, 06:22 PM
If you call the Pope "an antichrist elected by Freemasons" and anyone who disagrees with you "a cuck", maybe you shouldn't be calling yourself Catholic.

11-03-2017, 06:35 PM
(11-03-2017 06:22 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  If you call the Pope "an antichrist elected by Freemasons" and anyone who disagrees with you "a cuck", maybe you shouldn't be calling yourself Catholic.

C'mon Shai...join us over here on the dark side. Evil_monster

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post