Leave it to Trump to Achieve the Impossible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2016, 12:55 PM
RE: Leave it to Trump to Achieve the Impossible
(19-08-2016 12:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ... his mind is unorganized and unfocused ...

Incredible as it may seem there are some planets in the galaxy where this does NOT automatically disqualify someone from high stakes political office. Rare, such planets, but they do exist. Let's hope inhabitants of such places never advance space travel enough to reach here! Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2016, 01:01 PM
(19-08-2016 12:55 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 12:47 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ... his mind is unorganized and unfocused ...

Incredible as it may seem there are some planets in the galaxy where this does NOT automatically disqualify someone from high stakes political office. Rare, such planets, but they do exist. Let's hope inhabitants of such places never advance space travel enough to reach here! Tongue

I'm still not convinced Hillary is the better candidate.
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
19-08-2016, 01:18 PM
(19-08-2016 01:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm still not convinced Hillary is the better candidate.

Not one person is surprised by that.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
19-08-2016, 02:56 PM
(19-08-2016 01:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 12:55 PM)Airportkid Wrote:  Incredible as it may seem there are some planets in the galaxy where this does NOT automatically disqualify someone from high stakes political office. Rare, such planets, but they do exist. Let's hope inhabitants of such places never advance space travel enough to reach here! Tongue

I'm still not convinced Hillary is the better candidate.

I'm not either.

As for this statement, I've seen it a few times now. In context, you can sort of follow what he's trying to say. Sort of. Part of Trump's problem is that, as he likes to point out, he's not a politician. He's not used to speaking about these issues off the cuff so he ends up looking like an idiot. But, he's not an idiot. He is his own worst enemey and he's a lous public speaker, but he's not stupid. He is, though, very inarticulate when it comes to speaking on political issues. Especially when compared to Clinton.

Clinton has been in politics, in one form or another, her entire career. She is very bright and she is extremely articulate. But even she bumbles and sounds sounds stupid when you ask her a question about something she's not comfortable with. Go look at videos of her trying to explain her speeches to Goldman, Sachs. She doesn't make a fool of herself the way Trump does in this example, but she equally doesn't bring forth images of Lincoln and the Gettysburg Address. But, on issues of policy and the like she can hit those out of the park all day long. Trump can't. He lacks the ability. And, that's a problem.

An inability to articulate your message is pretty much a disqualifier for a political candidate. But, within his incoherent ramblings are some valid points. Trump is not wrong about the corrupting influence of money in Washington and how it has to be influencing Clinton. He's not wrong about the impact globalization and trade deals have had on US workers. And, he's not wrong (at least in my opinion) of the huge financial strain it puts on the US to be the world's policeman and how we shouldn't be doing it. He has some valid points and not everyone who is voting for him is a racist or nativist who wants to wall off the US from the rest of the world and make it a "white's only" haven.

The policies of people like Clinton have real implications and there are people supporting Trump because they have real, legitimate concerns. The worst part of his candidacy, in my view, is that he's such a fucking clown that it becomes easy to dismiss the legitimate issues he actually does raise, and to equally dismiss the people who have these concerns. And, that's a problem. Further marginalizing people who already feel marginalized is not a good thing for this country. We continue to take steps to push more of our jobs overseas to low cost wages, run up debts we can't afford, and mortgage the future. There are two people in this race and only one of them is calling any of those things an issue. Sadly, it's the worst presidential candidate to show up on the ballot in this country's history and he's going to most likely get his ass kicked in November. Hopefully, that doesn't mean the few legitimate issues he raises just get swept away, although I suspect they will.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
19-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Hi,

In Trump's recent 'apology' speech, he said that he sometimes says the "wrong" thing -- and then came that cute smile to his crowd and the "Trump, Trump!" cries.

The dog whistle is in perfect tune, and they get it every time.

D.
[+] 2 users Like Dworkin's post
19-08-2016, 03:17 PM
(19-08-2016 02:56 PM)BnW Wrote:  
(19-08-2016 01:01 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm still not convinced Hillary is the better candidate.

I'm not either.

As for this statement, I've seen it a few times now. In context, you can sort of follow what he's trying to say. Sort of. Part of Trump's problem is that, as he likes to point out, he's not a politician. He's not used to speaking about these issues off the cuff so he ends up looking like an idiot. But, he's not an idiot. He is his own worst enemey and he's a lous public speaker, but he's not stupid. He is, though, very inarticulate when it comes to speaking on political issues. Especially when compared to Clinton.

Clinton has been in politics, in one form or another, her entire career. She is very bright and she is extremely articulate. But even she bumbles and sounds sounds stupid when you ask her a question about something she's not comfortable with. Go look at videos of her trying to explain her speeches to Goldman, Sachs. She doesn't make a fool of herself the way Trump does in this example, but she equally doesn't bring forth images of Lincoln and the Gettysburg Address. But, on issues of policy and the like she can hit those out of the park all day long. Trump can't. He lacks the ability. And, that's a problem.

An inability to articulate your message is pretty much a disqualifier for a political candidate. But, within his incoherent ramblings are some valid points. Trump is not wrong about the corrupting influence of money in Washington and how it has to be influencing Clinton. He's not wrong about the impact globalization and trade deals have had on US workers. And, he's not wrong (at least in my opinion) of the huge financial strain it puts on the US to be the world's policeman and how we shouldn't be doing it. He has some valid points and not everyone who is voting for him is a racist or nativist who wants to wall off the US from the rest of the world and make it a "white's only" haven.

The policies of people like Clinton have real implications and there are people supporting Trump because they have real, legitimate concerns. The worst part of his candidacy, in my view, is that he's such a fucking clown that it becomes easy to dismiss the legitimate issues he actually does raise, and to equally dismiss the people who have these concerns. And, that's a problem. Further marginalizing people who already feel marginalized is not a good thing for this country. We continue to take steps to push more of our jobs overseas to low cost wages, run up debts we can't afford, and mortgage the future. There are two people in this race and only one of them is calling any of those things an issue. Sadly, it's the worst presidential candidate to show up on the ballot in this country's history and he's going to most likely get his ass kicked in November. Hopefully, that doesn't mean the few legitimate issues he raises just get swept away, although I suspect they will.

We really can't spend four years trying to figure out what Trump is trying to say. The president has to be able to string together a few coherent sentences that make sense even if the concept isn't valid.

Supposedly, we as Americans speak the same language he does...what comes to mind is this - I understand all the words, I don't understand the order in which they are used.

Stumbling during public speaking isn't uncommon. But coming across as a blithering idiot who forces the listener to pluck out one or two valid points just isn't going to work. I would rather go back and listen to some Palin speeches. At least there is a level of humor, no matter how unintentional. Trump doesn't even offer humor...just lots of WTAF moments with heads tilted and eyebrows raised by anyone who isn't drinking the 'Make America Great Again' Kool-Aid.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-08-2016, 03:20 PM
(19-08-2016 02:56 PM)BnW Wrote:  The policies of people like Clinton have real implications and there are people supporting Trump because they have real, legitimate concerns.

A Clinton presidency would cement 3rd world like corruption into our government.

The problem with Trump is he likes to fight and I don't know that I would want Trump to have the nuclear football. I could seem him nuking Pyongyang next time Kim Jung-Un decides to rattle his dick.
19-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Angele - I'm not advocating for him. I think he's a loon. My point was more that in all his incoherent ramblings are some valid points. And, Clinton supports a view that has already proven to benefit the richest people in this country at the expense of everyone else.

It's not a great situation, is it? Lady or the tiger?

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
19-08-2016, 03:30 PM
Trump's had some blunders, that's for sure. I've said from the beginning, he is terrible at scripted political speak. He can't do the 3 words at a time with pauses in between with the stupid voice inflection that most politicians use. He often rambles and goes off course. But I realize he isn't very good at being political and I'm okay with that. Trump is facing a weak candidate with a lot of baggage. He has slowly been catching up in the polls. Pew poll out yesterday has him down only 4 points. After all of the stuff with the Khan family and constant negative media coverage and he's within 4 points?

Trump isn't finished yet as some predicted. I even started to think she was running away with it. But it's not over yet.

"Evil will always triumph over good, because good is dumb." - Lord Dark Helmet
[Image: 25397spaceballs.gif]
19-08-2016, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2016 03:41 PM by GirlyMan.)
Sounds like a losing entry to a bad poetry contest.

“Look, having nuclear—
my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT;
good genes, very good genes,
OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance,
very good, very smart —
you know, if you’re a conservative Republican,
if I were a liberal, if, like, OK,
if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—
it’s true!—
but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—
oh, do they do a number—
that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this,
built a fortune—
you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—
but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—
it would have been so easy,
and it’s not as important as these lives are
(nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?),
but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—
now it used to be three, now it’s four—
but when it was three and even now,
I would have said it’s all in the messenger;
fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men,
so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—
but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.” - Trump

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post