Leave it to Trump to Achieve the Impossible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-08-2016, 09:40 PM
RE: Leave it to Trump to Achieve the Impossible
(25-08-2016 01:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(25-08-2016 07:54 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I'm not a big fan of either candidate, but it's clear to me the one to choose is clearly Hillary by the mere fact that Trump is the other candidate.
There's an argument to be had that the reverse is true. Trump didn't play fast-and-loose with information that could have caused grave damage to US national security if made public, for one.

He didn't have access to that sort of information.

And I hope he never does. As president he would have access to much more.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
26-08-2016, 08:07 AM
(25-08-2016 01:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(25-08-2016 07:54 AM)Impulse Wrote:  I'm not a big fan of either candidate, but it's clear to me the one to choose is clearly Hillary by the mere fact that Trump is the other candidate.
There's an argument to be had that the reverse is true. Trump didn't play fast-and-loose with information that could have caused grave damage to US national security if made public, for one.
At this point, we don't know that Hillary did either. That all depends on the specific content of the emails that were hacked and so far nothing earth shattering has been found in them. It's possible she was smart enough not communicate anything through emails that would put national security or other important issues at risk (and frankly, I would hope that's true no matter where the email server was located).

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
26-08-2016, 09:19 AM
(26-08-2016 08:07 AM)Impulse Wrote:  At this point, we don't know that Hillary did either. That all depends on the specific content of the emails that were hacked and so far nothing earth shattering has been found in them. It's possible she was smart enough not communicate anything through emails that would put national security or other important issues at risk (and frankly, I would hope that's true no matter where the email server was located).
We actually do know. FBI director James Comey confirmed, both in his statement to the public and again when he testified before Congress, that Clinton sent out several several e-mails containing top secret information using her private server at home. I would suggest you to watch the whole thing because you're in no position to talk about this topic in an informed manner right now. Any sane nation would bar someone who did this from holding the highest elected office in the country.

To those who are saying that Trump hasn't had the opportunity to do the same - that's exactly my point. When you vote for Hillary, you already know that you're voting for someone who is incompetent, reckless with the US national security and corrupt. When you vote for Trump, you're voting for someone who may or may not turn out to be an equally irresponsible leader. We have no psychics here so nobody knows what he would actually do if elected.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
26-08-2016, 09:46 AM
(26-08-2016 09:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  
(26-08-2016 08:07 AM)Impulse Wrote:  At this point, we don't know that Hillary did either. That all depends on the specific content of the emails that were hacked and so far nothing earth shattering has been found in them. It's possible she was smart enough not communicate anything through emails that would put national security or other important issues at risk (and frankly, I would hope that's true no matter where the email server was located).
We actually do know. FBI director James Comey confirmed, both in his statement to the public and again when he testified before Congress, that Clinton sent out several several e-mails containing top secret information using her private server at home. I would suggest you to watch the whole thing because you're in no position to talk about this topic in an informed manner right now. Any sane nation would bar someone who did this from holding the highest elected office in the country.

That's news to me so I will look more into it. However, even if you're correct, it won't change my opinion of which candidate we should be electing in November. While I agree that's a very serious concern, I have no reason to believe Trump would be any different and, at the very least, every reason to believe he would be so much worse in so many other areas of great importance to the US.

(26-08-2016 09:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  To those who are saying that Trump hasn't had the opportunity to do the same - that's exactly my point. When you vote for Hillary, you already know that you're voting for someone who is incompetent, reckless with the US national security and corrupt. When you vote for Trump, you're voting for someone who may or may not turn out to be an equally irresponsible leader. We have no psychics here so nobody knows what he would actually do if elected.

Actually we have plenty of things that tell us what a Trump Presidency would be like not the least of which is his business mentality of surviving off of huge debt and leaving people he worked with high and dry. We know he wants to ban all Muslims from entering the US - which alone will incite more people to join the terrorists in my view - and, although he might backpedal on this stance it would only be because his poll numbers are down, not because he actually cares to distinguish people according to their actions rather than by ethnicity or race. We know he's egocentric and cares about few people, but himself and perhaps his family. That leads me to believe his actions in the White House would be in his own interest more than in the country's. We know his ideas make no sense so, unless he surrounds himself with people who have better ideas and actually listens to them, his policies will fail miserably - and if his campaign choices are any indication, he has no clue what people to surround himself with. We are virtually guaranteed to bring this country down on so many levels with Trump. With Hillary, she might leak something critical. Yes, that would be serious for Hillary, but I'd much rather take that gamble.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
26-08-2016, 11:41 AM
A guy who says he's going to go after terrorists families and is going to make Mexico pay for a huge border wall, or says he's going to "open up our libel laws" so he can prosecute people who offend him, somehow isn't reckless. Oookay.

[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
26-08-2016, 12:43 PM (This post was last modified: 26-08-2016 12:55 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-08-2016 09:19 AM)Vosur Wrote:  When you vote for Trump, you're voting for someone who may or may not turn out to be an equally irresponsible leader. We have no psychics here so nobody knows what he would actually do if elected.

Including Trump himself. And that seems pretty reckless to me. Just roll the dice with your vote and hope for the best. I mean what the hell do you have to lose? I'm glad you don't get to vote.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
26-08-2016, 12:47 PM
(25-08-2016 09:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-08-2016 01:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  There's an argument to be had that the reverse is true. Trump didn't play fast-and-loose with information that could have caused grave damage to US national security if made public, for one.

He didn't have access to that sort of information.

No he didn't, but he encouraged the Russians to get ahold of it. I heard him say so. Totally insane.
My brother tells me I should be careful the antiTrump shit I write because if he makes presidunce he probably could have scanned the internet and come looking for me and every body else that spoke against him. Could that be true? Possible?
26-08-2016, 12:59 PM
(26-08-2016 12:47 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  
(25-08-2016 09:40 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He didn't have access to that sort of information.

No he didn't, but he encouraged the Russians to get ahold of it. I heard him say so. Totally insane.
My brother tells me I should be careful the antiTrump shit I write because if he makes presidunce he probably could have scanned the internet and come looking for me and every body else that spoke against him. Could that be true? Possible?

http://www.politico.com/blogs/on-media/2...aws-219866

26-08-2016, 01:06 PM
(26-08-2016 12:47 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  No he didn't, but he encouraged the Russians to get ahold of it. I heard him say so. Totally insane.

[Image: 12710061ec1b8ec6b7fa09807a2b4f6c7c208950...c754fc.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
26-08-2016, 01:55 PM
(26-08-2016 12:47 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  My brother tells me I should be careful the antiTrump shit I write because if he makes presidunce he probably could have scanned the internet and come looking for me and every body else that spoke against him. Could that be true? Possible?

You've already been marked. You have the choice between Leavenworth and US Ambassador to the Dominican Republic. Choose wisely.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post