Leaving The Forum: Details

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 02:12 PM
RE: Leaving The Forum: Details
(20-04-2016 08:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I'm leaving the forum. I'd like to share a few details:

It was brought to my attention some time after April 1 that my challenge was accepted (after some months of said requests!) by BuckyBall. Since BB took some months to respond, and then did so on the 1st in a post labeled "April Fools", I accused him of having someone else post on his behalf. He has not responded so I ought to leave. I apologize for being slow to respond again this week, I've been busy with work. Per my statement, I will leave the forum, not to return.

I would still welcome a video debate, should one be requested. I will check my forum mail to see if that is wished for, but I will not post here again. My purpose would be to better state my case for Jesus online with live video--we all know that it is hard to share nuances of feelings and thoughts with text only. Or if someone here wishes to share on the phone, I will share a phone number. I'm okay with a one-on-one or whether you wish to record our talk and post it here. Whatever helps.

I'm not a liar or dishonest. I have patiently presented my case for Jesus here online. I do know that after many responses with 500-1,000 words or more and careful statements within, that I did get terser in my responses lately. I'd been hoping for some time BB would accept my challenge! Nor can I be blamed for disbelieving BB's eventual post when he had months of opportunity to respond appropriately.

I wish everyone here the best. Do you love me? Jesus taught His disciples to love their enemies. I'm not your enemy, and you are not my enemy. But I care for you and wish everyone here to trust Jesus Christ for salvation. My best to everyone here.

Thank you--and although I expect many of you to be very rude in your "goodbyes" to me on this thread, I'd encourage you to read my signature before you talk out of turn.

God bless you all at TTA! (And I'm not saying that to be passive-aggressive!) Smile

Your friend and favorite troll from deep within the time-space continuum, The Q.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
25-04-2016, 02:27 PM
(25-04-2016 02:12 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  
(20-04-2016 08:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I'm leaving the forum. I'd like to share a few details:

It was brought to my attention some time after April 1 that my challenge was accepted (after some months of said requests!) by BuckyBall. Since BB took some months to respond, and then did so on the 1st in a post labeled "April Fools", I accused him of having someone else post on his behalf. He has not responded so I ought to leave. I apologize for being slow to respond again this week, I've been busy with work. Per my statement, I will leave the forum, not to return.

I would still welcome a video debate, should one be requested. I will check my forum mail to see if that is wished for, but I will not post here again. My purpose would be to better state my case for Jesus online with live video--we all know that it is hard to share nuances of feelings and thoughts with text only. Or if someone here wishes to share on the phone, I will share a phone number. I'm okay with a one-on-one or whether you wish to record our talk and post it here. Whatever helps.

I'm not a liar or dishonest. I have patiently presented my case for Jesus here online. I do know that after many responses with 500-1,000 words or more and careful statements within, that I did get terser in my responses lately. I'd been hoping for some time BB would accept my challenge! Nor can I be blamed for disbelieving BB's eventual post when he had months of opportunity to respond appropriately.

I wish everyone here the best. Do you love me? Jesus taught His disciples to love their enemies. I'm not your enemy, and you are not my enemy. But I care for you and wish everyone here to trust Jesus Christ for salvation. My best to everyone here.

Thank you--and although I expect many of you to be very rude in your "goodbyes" to me on this thread, I'd encourage you to read my signature before you talk out of turn.

God bless you all at TTA! (And I'm not saying that to be passive-aggressive!) Smile

Your friend and favorite troll from deep within the time-space continuum, The Q.

[Image: 5080063-8045494599-160]
Tongue

[+] 5 users Like TheGulegon's post
25-04-2016, 02:36 PM
(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Notice I used the words "might" or implies. Never did I make a concrete statement that THIS is what THIS means, I am merely using what you have said and piecing it together.
And they might enjoy my prose and have a wank to it. They might giggle at the time I told some shithead to get anally fisted by a gorilla wearing pineapple gloves. They might declare "oh my!" and fan themselves vigorously while enjoying their sweet tea.
What relevance or importance would that possibly have to anyone? What anonymous lurkers MIGHT do, is no importance to me even if I'm writing for their benefit.

(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Also notice that you deliberately took out the part where I said "I know I have at least partly."
That's because I was addressing things I took issue with and I don't have a issue you with you expressing your own mind, just creating phantom lurkers and what they might do as if it's relevant or even a point worth making.

(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its not ALTOGETHER unreasonable, Whiskey that some people will write you off as a vitrolic dick.
Not only that but I would consider it perfectly reasonable to do so, if you didn't have the knowledge of my past interactions with Q and his ilk. However what they wont do, if they are honest, is say I was wrong in my arguments. Anyone who is willing to not take me seriously cause I hold someones feet to the fire, anyone who will ignore the substance of my argument in favor of focusing on the shadow of how I present them is no loss to me.
Being a vitriolic dick doesn't make me any less right about Q and his shitty lot, the fact that some lurkers might not have the balls or the stomach for me is of no importance. They are welcome to read the posts of less determined posters.

(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  And first of all, I can say what I think people might or might not do, just as anybody can predict certain patterns from experience.
Agreed, however I don't think a single data point is enough to constitute a pattern and I can have a look at what people write on my wall, and the pattern seems to be rather positive. I have no illusions that some people don't like the way I talk to cunts like Q or Alla. So? I don't like the way some people seem to treat every fraud, liar, and nutjob on this forum with kid gloves and a respect they don't deserve. I'm perfectly fine with them having their way and I see no reason to start calling them out by name.
Some people call a spade a spade and some people wanna coddle the spade and tell it it can be whatever it wants to be when it grows up and yes I'm kidding right now lol

(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I also never made the claim that they were mutually exclusive either, just that perhaps your style might turn people away from the information.
Near as I can tell, a lot more people enjoy it than don't, but that's rather a pointless observation as I don't write for other peoples enjoyment. My "style", such as it is, is to treat all people with respect until such time as they demonstrate they are not worth it. Once that respect is lost, they deserve what they get as far as I'm concerned.
If you spit in a mans face, be prepared to watch your blood coat it as well.
*shrug*

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
25-04-2016, 02:40 PM
(25-04-2016 01:43 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I mean to say this: It seems that more often than not, we overwhelm the dissenters and theists with barrage upon barrage of shit and I feel as that kind of "Strong Arms" theists out of here.
Oh I agree, I get where you are coming from. I don't wanna strong arm any theists out of here, I want to strong arm lying cunts outta here. World has enough, as it is.

(25-04-2016 01:43 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Baw, whatever, they might need thicker skin, or we might need a little patience with some.
More than likely both, as I have freely admitted I have exactly ZERO patience once a person starts lying to me. though i don't consider it a bad thing, to be honest.

(25-04-2016 01:43 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I take back what I said about Mob Mentality, I concede that point.
This is why I like and respect you man, you're a gentleman and your not afraid to admit a mistake. Q can't, and it's one of the many reason I shit on his head.

[+] 3 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
25-04-2016, 02:41 PM
As a newbie without a lot of history regarding Q-c, I'm somewhat surprised at the amount of verbal vitriol still being poured on the bloke—even after he's basically left the TTF and apparently moved on to pastures greener.

I mean... 14 pages in only four days FFS.

I also can't understand why his departure has initiated so much thinly-veiled "in-fighting" amongst 3 or 4 long-term atheist members? Don't they realise that people such as Q-c use these sorts of divisive tactics to create dissent amongst normally single-minded groups? He must be laughing himself silly watching all this—ultimately pointless—toing and froing in this thread.

The bloke's gone people; lighten up and move on. Please.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
25-04-2016, 02:41 PM
(25-04-2016 02:36 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Notice I used the words "might" or implies. Never did I make a concrete statement that THIS is what THIS means, I am merely using what you have said and piecing it together.
And they might enjoy my prose and have a wank to it. They might giggle at the time I told some shithead to get anally fisted by a gorilla wearing pineapple gloves. They might declare "oh my!" and fan themselves vigorously while enjoying their sweet tea.
What relevance or importance would that possibly have to anyone? What anonymous lurkers MIGHT do, is no importance to me even if I'm writing for their benefit.

(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Also notice that you deliberately took out the part where I said "I know I have at least partly."
That's because I was addressing things I took issue with and I don't have a issue you with you expressing your own mind, just creating phantom lurkers and what they might do as if it's relevant or even a point worth making.

(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Its not ALTOGETHER unreasonable, Whiskey that some people will write you off as a vitrolic dick.
Not only that but I would consider it perfectly reasonable to do so, if you didn't have the knowledge of my past interactions with Q and his ilk. However what they wont do, if they are honest, is say I was wrong in my arguments. Anyone who is willing to not take me seriously cause I hold someones feet to the fire, anyone who will ignore the substance of my argument in favor of focusing on the shadow of how I present them is no loss to me.
Being a vitriolic dick doesn't make me any less right about Q and his shitty lot, the fact that some lurkers might not have the balls or the stomach for me is of no importance. They are welcome to read the posts of less determined posters.

(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  And first of all, I can say what I think people might or might not do, just as anybody can predict certain patterns from experience.
Agreed, however I don't think a single data point is enough to constitute a pattern and I can have a look at what people write on my wall, and the pattern seems to be rather positive. I have no illusions that some people don't like the way I talk to cunts like Q or Alla. So? I don't like the way some people seem to treat every fraud, liar, and nutjob on this forum with kid gloves and a respect they don't deserve. I'm perfectly fine with them having their way and I see no reason to start calling them out by name.
Some people call a spade a spade and some people wanna coddle the spade and tell it it can be whatever it wants to be when it grows up and yes I'm kidding right now lol

(25-04-2016 01:24 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I also never made the claim that they were mutually exclusive either, just that perhaps your style might turn people away from the information.
Near as I can tell, a lot more people enjoy it than don't, but that's rather a pointless observation as I don't write for other peoples enjoyment. My "style", such as it is, is to treat all people with respect until such time as they demonstrate they are not worth it. Once that respect is lost, they deserve what they get as far as I'm concerned.
If you spit in a mans face, be prepared to watch your blood coat it as well.
*shrug*

I understand, my man. We cool, we cool.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
25-04-2016, 02:47 PM
(25-04-2016 02:41 PM)SYZ Wrote:  As a newbie without a lot of history regarding Q-c, I'm somewhat surprised at the amount of verbal vitriol still being poured on the bloke—even after he's basically left the TTF and apparently moved on to pastures greener.

I mean... 14 pages in only four days FFS.

I also can't understand why his departure has initiated so much thinly-veiled "in-fighting" amongst 3 or 4 long-term atheist members? Don't they realise that people such as Q-c use these sorts of divisive tactics to create dissent amongst normally single-minded groups? He must be laughing himself silly watching all this—ultimately pointless—toing and froing in this thread.

The bloke's gone people; lighten up and move on. Please.

The thing I love about this community, is that after an extended stay, you soon realize that while you may argue with other beloved members, it doesn't have to escalate to a shit throwing contest. I think me and Whiskey kept our respect for each other (in fact, my respect for him grew because he had the fortitude to not shy away from criticism), and kept it relatively civil. I made an error, and I owned up to it. I grew, and I would rather have more moments like this so I can improve.
[+] 3 users Like Atothetheist's post
25-04-2016, 03:21 PM
(25-04-2016 02:47 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  The thing I love about this community, is that after an extended stay, you soon realize that while you may argue with other beloved members, it doesn't have to escalate to a shit throwing contest.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-04-2016, 04:34 PM
(25-04-2016 02:41 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I understand, my man. We cool, we cool.
That was never in doubt on my end man, different strokes for different folks and all that.Heart

25-04-2016, 04:44 PM
(25-04-2016 02:41 PM)SYZ Wrote:  As a newbie without a lot of history regarding Q-c, I'm somewhat surprised at the amount of verbal vitriol still being poured on the bloke—even after he's basically left the TTF and apparently moved on to pastures greener.
He hasn't left, he was here like 7 hours ago. He just takes breaks and tries to wait till people have forgotten why he left then he comes back. not the first time he's said hes gone.

(25-04-2016 02:41 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I also can't understand why his departure has initiated so much thinly-veiled "in-fighting" amongst 3 or 4 long-term atheist members?
lol there is no fighting going on, people can have conversations with differing points of view without it being fighting.

[Image: tumblr_mqxy6op7Xj1rth2h5o1_400.gif]

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post