Leaving The Forum: Details

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-04-2016, 03:27 PM
RE: Leaving The Forum: Details
(20-04-2016 08:18 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Hello everyone,

I'm leaving the forum.

"I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior. "

Atheists are people.
People have a wide range of emotions.
People who are members of internet forums, tend to get bitter and angry when trolls, post rubbish comments that appear to be attention seeking and purposefully disruptive.

They could of course, simply ignore trolls, but some people enjoy "playing" with trolls, some people give the "troll" the benefit of the doubt and engage in conversation anyway. It ends up a waste of time, people talk past each other, and nothing is ever gained.

I understand you love your god (be it imaginary or real). I understand you choose to believe your god to be real.

Us atheists don't believe that stuff. I understand you want to come here and tell us all how much you love your god, and emplore us to love your god too.

We won't, of course. But I think there is a mismatch here.
It is somewhat like a harry potter fan going to an ornothology forum and talking endlessly about harry potter. The peeps on the forum just want to talk about birds not Harry Potter.

Good for you that you have that passion, but perhaps a Jesus appreciation forum is more for you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Stevil's post
20-04-2016, 03:31 PM
(20-04-2016 09:24 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Q set up the departure scenario himself, and what was done, was what he asked (by *my demon* Facepalm ) ... so this is all rather passive-aggressive, and exactly what he wanted.

Did your demon look like this?

[Image: laplace.jpg]

#sigh
20-04-2016, 03:31 PM

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
20-04-2016, 03:33 PM
Bye, dude. You're a good person. I wish you the best.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
20-04-2016, 03:37 PM

I'm leaving the forum. I'd like to share a few details:

It was brought to my attention some time after April 1 that my challenge was accepted (after some months of said requests!) by BuckyBall. Since BB took some months to respond, and then did so on the 1st in a post labeled "April Fools", I accused him of having someone else post on his behalf. He has not responded so I ought to leave. I apologize for being slow to respond again this week, I've been busy with work. Per my statement, I will leave the forum, not to return.

I would still welcome a video debate, should one be requested. I will check my forum mail to see if that is wished for, but I will not post here again. My purpose would be to better state my case for Jesus online with live video--we all know that it is hard to share nuances of feelings and thoughts with text only. Or if someone here wishes to share on the phone, I will share a phone number. I'm okay with a one-on-one or whether you wish to record our talk and post it here. Whatever helps.

I'm not a liar or dishonest. I have patiently presented my case for Jesus here online. I do know that after many responses with 500-1,000 words or more and careful statements within, that I did get terser in my responses lately. I'd been hoping for some time BB would accept my challenge! Nor can I be blamed for disbelieving BB's eventual post when he had months of opportunity to respond appropriately.

I wish everyone here the best. Do you love me? Jesus taught His disciples to love their enemies. I'm not your enemy, and you are not my enemy. But I care for you and wish everyone here to trust Jesus Christ for salvation. My best to everyone here.

Thank you--and although I expect many of you to be very rude in your "goodbyes" to me on this thread, I'd encourage you to read my signature before you talk out of turn.

God bless you all at TTA! (And I'm not saying that to be passive-aggressive!) Smile

Your friend and favorite troll from deep within the time-space continuum, The Q.

Sorry to see you go Q. I wish you well.

Robert

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
20-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Since I don't think Q will read this, I'll reply as if he won't. I did not and do not hate Q. However, as his sig suggests, he automatically assumed we're all bitter and angry. The first few times I interacted with him, he was in fact rude to me and then directly ignored my questions. Then later, he answered part of one question, then ignored more. So was I supposed to continue to ask questions, only to be ignored and to accept rude behavior, only to be told I'm rude because of one issue with which we don't agree? However, in the OP, he still makes it look like something is still Bucky's fault. I have no strong feelings toward Bucky, bane or boon, but it was obvious Bucky was messing with Q on this issue. He seemed to only want to answer posts with which he could debate or argue, not just discuss.

So for whatever it's worth, I don't hate Q. I wish him well. I hope no harm comes to him, and I hope he lives a happy life, no matter what that entails. I'm neither happy nor sad he's gone.
20-04-2016, 04:51 PM
(20-04-2016 03:59 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  Since I don't think Q will read this, I'll reply as if he won't. I did not and do not hate Q. However, as his sig suggests, he automatically assumed we're all bitter and angry. The first few times I interacted with him, he was in fact rude to me and then directly ignored my questions. Then later, he answered part of one question, then ignored more. So was I supposed to continue to ask questions, only to be ignored and to accept rude behavior, only to be told I'm rude because of one issue with which we don't agree? However, in the OP, he still makes it look like something is still Bucky's fault. I have no strong feelings toward Bucky, bane or boon, but it was obvious Bucky was messing with Q on this issue. He seemed to only want to answer posts with which he could debate or argue, not just discuss.

So for whatever it's worth, I don't hate Q. I wish him well. I hope no harm comes to him, and I hope he lives a happy life, no matter what that entails. I'm neither happy nor sad he's gone.

For the record. I don't hate Q either. Although I do not trust the person behind the mask and consider that person rude in the extreme. Also totally clueless with regards to his religion. It's history, text, context etc.

Unlike Q, I studied the bible. Only through my own choice and with a specific purpose in mind. Never as a believer. I simply wanted to know it. Plus all the Roman history surrounding it.

Again in this, Q is a failure. Had he something to actually say... Sadly we have all or mostly seen apologists on the web in debate with various scholars. They must twist and turn and deviate because they have nothing upon which to base their arguments.

The main problem is the lack of respect. As if, while Q is unable to answer a question, we are somehow at fault.

I for one am happy to see him go. Let him join a xian forum. I don't join them. Why was he even here?

To troll. At least in my opinion.

Q is not even up to date with Voltaire. Let alone Nietzsche. Certainly not with evolutionary biology.

Waste of space.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
20-04-2016, 04:52 PM
No hate here.

It's too bad that we didn't get to know anything about you aside from your religious beliefs. I would not like to think that's all there is to your makeup.

But, your word is your word. Best to keep it.

Be well. Safe travels. Come back if you ever feel that you can leave the preachy stuff at the door. There are some really good people here...but you never took the time to get to know any of us either. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
20-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Here's an interesting thought......

I had the Qunt on my ignore list for the last 6 months or so.. (he can feel special -- it's a very, very short list)...

If I went to my settings and took him off ignore --- would my browser explode or something??????

I suppose it's almost as likely as "Intelligent Design".....

The difference, is I could test my theory, and prove or disprove it.

Q - can't....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-04-2016, 08:36 PM

I'm leaving the forum. I'd like to share a few details:
No one gives a fuck, go suck the fun out of a Mossberg.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 11 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post