Leaving The Forum: Details

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 04:45 PM
RE: Leaving The Forum: Details
(25-04-2016 02:47 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 02:41 PM)SYZ Wrote:  As a newbie without a lot of history regarding Q-c, I'm somewhat surprised at the amount of verbal vitriol still being poured on the bloke—even after he's basically left the TTF and apparently moved on to pastures greener.

I mean... 14 pages in only four days FFS.

I also can't understand why his departure has initiated so much thinly-veiled "in-fighting" amongst 3 or 4 long-term atheist members? Don't they realise that people such as Q-c use these sorts of divisive tactics to create dissent amongst normally single-minded groups? He must be laughing himself silly watching all this—ultimately pointless—toing and froing in this thread.

The bloke's gone people; lighten up and move on. Please.

The thing I love about this community, is that after an extended stay, you soon realize that while you may argue with other beloved members, it doesn't have to escalate to a shit throwing contest. I think me and Whiskey kept our respect for each other (in fact, my respect for him grew because he had the fortitude to not shy away from criticism), and kept it relatively civil. I made an error, and I owned up to it. I grew, and I would rather have more moments like this so I can improve.

I couldn't agree with this more!

It is held that valour is the chiefest virtue and most dignifies the haver.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Don't kid yourselves:

Quote:Last Visit Post Count Referrals
The Q Continuum
Frequent Poster
***** 11-09-2014, 11:11 AM Today, 08:27 AM

These drama queens are all alike.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 5 users Like Minimalist's post
26-04-2016, 11:33 AM
Ego wouldn't let him just step out without a drama filled goodbye.

He should receive no sympathy from any poster here. He's been a lying, disrespectful troll in our house. Never forget that this board is for atheists first. Theists get a much longer leash here than any of us would ever receive if we brought our opinions to religious forum. We owe them no extended toleration.

Some here might react harsher than others, but as Whiskey stated, it's not until they've been exposed as dishonest in their means of conversation. Few believers are here to actually have a meaningful exchange, which they all claim upon arrival.
[+] 2 users Like Fodder_From_The_Truth's post
26-04-2016, 11:48 AM
(26-04-2016 11:33 AM)Fodder_From_The_Truth Wrote:  Theists get a much longer leash here than any of us would ever receive if we brought our opinions to religious forum.

I think of it as a rope. The ones that manage not to hang themselves are the good eggs Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
26-04-2016, 11:51 AM (This post was last modified: 26-04-2016 11:56 AM by Leo.)
(25-04-2016 06:16 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Don't kid yourselves:

Quote:Last Visit Post Count Referrals
The Q Continuum
Frequent Poster
***** 11-09-2014, 11:11 AM Today, 08:27 AM

These drama queens are all alike.

Today Q was log in at 7:38 am. Rolleyes I wouldn't be surprised if one of the 4 invisible users right now is the Q.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
26-04-2016, 11:59 AM
Oh the humanity Q logged into the forum!!!!

So what?!

Maybe some fool sent him a pm? Why the hell does anyone care if he logs in or not?

In fact I'd say that it's pretty obsessive that anyone would actually look at his profile just to check. Drinking Beverage

And to think some call Q a drama queen.

Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-04-2016, 12:57 PM
(26-04-2016 11:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh the humanity Q logged into the forum!!!!

So what?!

Maybe some fool sent him a pm? Why the hell does anyone care if he logs in or not?

In fact I'd say that it's pretty obsessive that anyone would actually look at his profile just to check. Drinking Beverage

Dodgy

After the first two pages I just kinda skimmed, then read the last two. I think I got the gist, and I'm with Moms. The guy has been around for years people, it's not unreasonable for him to continue logging in for PMs, or even to read his thread. Just because he chose to leave doesn't mean he shouldn't read this thread. It is, after all, about him.

Consider

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
26-04-2016, 01:13 PM
(26-04-2016 11:59 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh the humanity Q logged into the forum!!!!

So what?!

Dodgy

And again. I'd hit the Like button, but I've already done it once and I'm afraid my brain would spontaneously aneurysm if I tried it a second time.

I don't know why everyone is so fucking obsessed with getting Q to leave. He's patronizing, condescending, and arguably a liar, but Jesus do most of the members of this forum get disgustingly obsessive about this silly little bet.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
26-04-2016, 01:14 PM
(26-04-2016 12:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

So what?!

Dodgy

After the first two pages I just kinda skimmed, then read the last two. I think I got the gist, and I'm with Moms. The guy has been around for years people, it's not unreasonable for him to continue logging in for PMs, or even to read his thread. Just because he chose to leave doesn't mean he shouldn't read this thread. It is, after all, about him.

Consider

We care because some of us really want the Q gone for good. Maybe I'm crazy but if the Q is continuing to log in , he is still here , the Q is breaking his leaving promise only with his presence.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
26-04-2016, 01:17 PM
(26-04-2016 12:57 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  

So what?!

Dodgy

Consider

Sadcryface But what about uuuuus?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.