Leaving the fairytales!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2013, 02:42 PM
Leaving the fairytales!
My name is Wesley and I am 15 years old. I have been atheist since last June. I used to be a Christian until last June, I started doubting my faith. Afterwards, I came to the conclusion that all of this stuff is fairytales and so are other religions. And of course, people in my family found out. The only person that actually cared was my older brother who claims to be muslim. He told me that atheists are immoral, do cocaine, worship satan, and are the main people that go to prison. When I countered his arguments rationally, he tells me to have a religion the next time I see him. Year later and I'm still an atheist Tongue. He doesn't realize though because he's too busy getting into trouble and running away. My cousin found out in November and we had a bunch of arguments and I won all of them. Otherwise, nobody really cares. I will say though that it's hard to be a black atheist because there are still some people who judge me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes wesleylee's post
28-07-2013, 09:51 PM
RE: Leaving the fairytales!
Welcome Wesley

It's good to have you here!

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2013, 11:08 PM
RE: Leaving the fairytales!
Hi Wesley Smile

Good job with your brother and your cousin Thumbsup

I hope you have a enlightened experience here Yes
Find all posts by this user