Leela & Malleus on Diet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-10-2012, 11:23 AM
Lightbulb Leela & Malleus on Diet
Tomorrow we are going to start a new diet.
(this is here, not in the health section because I will post all the recipies and meal plans etc)
As far as we can see, it works great, pretty fast, and is easy to keep.

Now comes the good part.
Malleus' uncle used to be pretty fat. What he got are meal-plans, made by a nutritionist. Basically it is a low carb diet, with one cheat-meal per week. So he went from really fat to pretty slim (not skinny) within about 5 months. Another family member is on this diet right now and he lost 17kg withing 2 months. So it sounds pretty good, actually too good to be true. But we are going to try it.

I know that a few of you guys have problems with weight and are just as lazy as we are. So probably the mealplans will help you, too.

So as far as I got it:
*No bread,
*potatoes,
*rice, noodles.
*No pork.
*There is one slice of dark bread every morning.
*Three meals a day. No snacks and no sweets at all.
*For breakfast it gives you clear amounts of what you can have and how much of it.
*For the other two meals you eat as much as you want. There are sometimes restrictions, like it says that in your whole salad you are only allowed to have one tomato. But apart from that it mostly just says what kind of meat and which veggies to use, just no amounts.
*When preparing food, no oils or fats are to be used. Things can be grilled or rosted. Salads may have olive oil in them.
*Once a week you get to cheat for one meal. So you can schedule that for parties for example. On such a day you will eat as the plan says for breakfast and lunch but for dinner you can be a pig, you can go to a party and eat whatever you want, but for the rest of the week you have to stay strict on what the plan says.
*One week's plan can be used for two weeks and then it has to be swapped with another plan because otherwise it is not healthy.

As I said the meal plans are made by a nutritionist so for the moment I will trust them. I will try them and if it works well, I will keep the diet until I am back down to my 79kg-target (or maybe a bit lower Big Grin ).

I will make pics of the food so you get an idea what can be done with the stuff the plan says.

So yeah, that is it for now. Gonna post the first day, tomorrow evening, with pictures of course.

cheers and happy dieting to myself Big Grin

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
29-10-2012, 08:40 AM
RE: Leela & Malleus on Diet
What's wrong with pork?

Breathing - it's more art than science.
Find all posts by this user
29-10-2012, 08:41 AM
(29-10-2012 08:40 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What's wrong with pork?

God hates pork. Evil_monster

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-10-2012, 08:50 AM
No pork? No treats? Sad

How about Scotch? Beer?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
29-10-2012, 09:32 AM

Pork has a lot of fat. We are supposed to eat beef because it is lean.

Right now I feel kinda hungry, but that is because I did not make enough salad. We were allowed to eat as much of that lunch as we wanted, had enough meat but not enough salad. And I am a big salad eater, so now I am hungry. Next time I make way more.

29-10-2012, 10:16 AM
(29-10-2012 09:32 AM)Leela Wrote:  

Pork has a lot of fat. We are supposed to eat beef because it is lean.

I think you have that backwards. Big Grin

Breathing - it's more art than science.
29-10-2012, 10:20 AM
(29-10-2012 10:16 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(29-10-2012 09:32 AM)Leela Wrote:  Pork has a lot of fat. We are supposed to eat beef because it is lean.

I think you have that backwards. Big Grin

The other white meat. Drooling

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
29-10-2012, 11:37 AM
(29-10-2012 10:20 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(29-10-2012 10:16 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I think you have that backwards. Big Grin

The other white meat. Drooling

I agree, the pork makes no sense. All meat has as much fat as you leave on it. Except for ground meat. And, it does sound like a low carb diet, in which case fat should be irrelevant.

So it's not really a low carb diet. Fat only is fattening as it interacts with carbs. The rule of thumb is either you are allowed carbs or fat. Very complex carbs are excempted. They are always ok, like green veggies.

You also get a slice of bread for breakfast - ultra carb. So it's not an actual low carb diet...

Then there are diets that just allow either carbs or fat every meal, not as a whole. So you could have eggs and bacon for breakfast, spaghetti with tomato sauce (containing no sugar!) for lunch, and meat and veggies for dinner. Fat in two meals, only carbs in one.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
29-10-2012, 12:09 PM
(29-10-2012 11:37 AM)Dom Wrote:  ... Fat only is fattening as it interacts with carbs. The rule of thumb is either you are allowed carbs or fat. ...

I hear stuff like this all the time. Is there any science to support this?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
29-10-2012, 01:12 PM (This post was last modified: 29-10-2012 01:17 PM by Leela.)
Well for the moment we are going to follow the meal plans by the letter because we see how it works so well for others. If the fat is only a small reason and not having pork has other reasons too, I don't know but what we see is that it works really well, so we try it Smile
Dom: I am not sure what you understand from "low carb" but I would understand from logic, that it is not "no carb" but just a little. Like the one slice of dark bread in the morning. Instead of 4 slices of toast.

Now here Today's food:

Breakfast:
- Tea/Coffee
- 1 slice of dark bread (whole grain)
- omelette (2 eggs, spring onion, dill, parsley)
- cucumber

[Image: a3i5pi.jpg]

Lunch:
- Grilled beef
- Cabbage Salad (Cabbage, carrots, dill, olive oil, apple vinegar)
- 1 nectarine (we exchanged that with 1 grapefruit because we couldn't find nectarines)

[Image: 243mf76.jpg]

Dinner:
- Greek salad (2 tomatoes, cucumber, that greek cheese, parsley, olive oil, apple vinegar)
- yellow melon

[Image: 34fyvpz.jpg]

EDIT:
I just found this quote on a website:
Quote:A 4 oz. serving of pork contains 140 calories, while a 4 oz. serving of beef provides 200 calories.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/446740...than-beef/
So I guess the nutricionist put this rule in place because of the calories (in Malleus' email it says that our diet had roundabout 1200 calories per day, which i did not check because I am tired of calorie counting)

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post