Leela & Malleus on Diet

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 05:30 AM
RE: Leela & Malleus on Diet
Yep, Atkins was the first one to experiment with that, and the harshest.

An integral part of his diet though is light weight lifting to replace muscle mass.

There are a zillion other diet variations that work on the same principles

Anyway, personally I have long found what takes my weight off and keeps it off. If I ever stop it, I gain weight like a corn fed pig. It's the way my body is and I'll likely never eat like a normal person. My guess is that there is something physically wrong with me and it's not just the fact that my thyroid has never functioned and I didn't find out until I was in my 40s.

Despite all the noise about too many people being overweight, we still don't know why some people can gain weight on diets that maintain a slim weight on other people. And my guess is that there is a diversity of reasons.

All we know is that if we either deprive people of calories or carbs and make them work the body to exhaustion on a daily basis, they will all drop weight. And dropping weight is the small, easy part of the battle for a lot of people. Keeping it off is the hard part.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2012, 11:39 AM
(29-10-2012 03:42 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(29-10-2012 02:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  That dense slice of pumpernickel Leela shows in her breakfast is fine. It has virtually no impact on blood sugars. I know, I've tested it.

This is incorrect. Very incorrect.

I have been an insulin dependent diabetic for 24 years. I have a lot of experience with things that impact blood sugar. In fact, virtually everything you put in your mouth impact blood sugar. That even includes water. (not from sugar content, but in how it changes the way your body uses the sugar it get from other sources)

A dense slice of pumpernickel impacts the blood sugar in a very important way. It raises the blood sugar long after you've eaten it. Often that results in another food taking the "blame" for raising your blood sugar. That bread is not your friend.

Sorry to contradict ya girly, but you are way off on this one.

I know. I've tested it.

I should've said "It has little impact on my blood sugars." Whenever I want to reintroduce something into my diet I eat it alone and test my 1 hour and 2 hour postprandials. If I see less than a 20 mg/dl jump and both my 1 and 2 hour postprandials are less than 120 mg/dl, I figure it's safe to reintroduce it. Dense pumpernickel and the flourless breads from FoodForLife and Trader Joe's are the only breads that have passed that test for me.

I imagine that an insulin-dependent diabetic's response is likely far more sensitive to ... well everything they put in their mouth.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
30-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Here is today's food:

Breakfast:
- Pumpernickl
- 2 slices of that greek cheese
- Paprika

[Image: 2ed9kj8.jpg]

Lunch:
- Grilled Turky meat
- Grilled Eggplant (we replaced that with mushrooms because I am not eating egg plant)
- Watermelon (we had to replace that with Kiwi, which we know that we are allowed to eat, because there are no water melons anymore)

[Image: 2r3a1cg.jpg]

Dinner:
- Fruitsalad of fruits we like

[Image: 5ml7d3.jpg]

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 02:26 PM
That turkey and shrooms looks goooood!

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
30-10-2012, 02:27 PM
(30-10-2012 02:26 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  That turkey and shrooms looks goooood!

I don't think it's "those" kind of shrooms. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
30-10-2012, 02:37 PM
That turkey and shrooms WAS good! Didn't make enough mushrooms though Sad Next time I'll know

Erx, how do YOU know? Big Grin Tongue

02-11-2012, 07:22 AM
I left out the Wednesday. But we had the pumpernickl and cheese breakfast, we kinda skipped lunch and were pigs for dinner (halloween party - out cheat meal)

Sorry I totally forgot yesterday's food so here it is:

Breakfast:
- tea
- whole wheat bread (because the list says that or the pumpernickl)
- white yoghurt

[Image: 28hjrme.jpg]

Lunch:
- grilled fish
- grilled vegetables: Zucchini, Spring Onion, Paprika (I thought it's a good idea to not grill them but make them in a normal pan > it tasted aweful!)
- 2 Kiwis

[Image: 2qnqpud.jpg]

Dinner:
- cabbage salad: cabbage, smoked chicken, parsley, olive oil
- 3-4 apricots (had to replace with two nectarines because we couldn't find fresh apricots)

[Image: 291ji12.jpg]

Just a heads up:

Out of curiosity I weighed myself this morning, and even with the cheatmeal on Halloween, I already lost 1100 grams, that's a little more than a kilo, that is (for the 'Mericans) about two pounds.
It works way better than I thought. I don't really have a craving for sweets, unless they are in front of my nose and I don't feel hungry.
I will probably restart using oil and a normal pan after I reach the weight that I want, but apart from that it's really not bad or difficult.
I actually find myself thinking a lot less about food, because I have my plan that tells me what to eat and that's great. Love it so far.

03-11-2012, 11:52 AM
Ok so this is gonna be without pics because I fogot to make them. Sorry.

Yesterday:
Breakfast:
- 1 slice Pumpernickl
- cucumber
- tea

Lunch:
- Vegetable soup (any vegetables BUT potatoes)
- two slices of yellow melon

Dinner:
- grilled chicken breast
- grilled mushrooms
- two kiwis

Today:
Breakfast:
- 1 slice Pumpernickl
- Tomatoe

Lunch:
- Grilled fish
- Grilled vegetables (any but potatoes) <we made that as salad because I am lazy)
- 2 slices of yellow melon

Dinner:
- cottage cheese dip (2-3 spoons cottage cheese, diced cucumber, dill, garlic, 1 tablespoon olive oil)
- Paprika
- 1 nectarine

05-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Yesterday's food was pretty ok

Breakfast:
- 1 slice Pumpernickl
- natural yoghurt
- tea

[Image: 33f3sxj.jpg]

Lunch:

- grilled chicken breast
- vegetables (we decided to eat the vegetables in form of salad - no potatoes allowed)
- 2 slices yellow melon

[Image: 65qw43.jpg]

Dinner:
- Fruit salad > 2 table spoons of yoghurt and one table spoon of raisins had to be included
(sorry forgot to make a pic)

Heads up:
This morning we officially weighed in, to check the process.
I lost 2.8 kg during this first week.
Malleus lost 4.1 kg during this first week.
Therefore both of us lost 1 BMI point.
We did not cheat on the diet at all, only thing we do is replace things we absolutely don't like. In very difficult cases we actually look up the info on nutrions, so we stay correct with vitamins, cholesterol, calories, etc.
Looking forward to coming Sunday. That will be the next cheat day, and actually there are no restrictions on the plan apart from the note "don't overeat".
Therefore we are planning that sunday like this:
Breakfast: coke, 2 chocolate bars, 2 muffins
Brunch: Baked potato with cheese, croissant, cocoa, more coke
Lunch: Pancakes with caramel and nutella, Doner Kebab, fries, more coke
Afternoon tea: cookies, cake, ice cream, cocoa, sprite
Dinner: saussages, fries, pizza, spagetti, and a small salad, 2 chocolate bars, more coke
Midnight snack: rests of all the meals, mixed with a lot of cream, more coke and cocoa
*fun intended*

06-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Sorry, gonna be a longer post:

Yesterday's food:

Breakfast:
- Tea
- 1 slice Pumpernickl
- Paprika

[Image: 2ed9kj8.jpg]

Lunch:
- Tea
- Spinach (with garlic) <tasted like shit without cream>
- 2 eggs
- 2 kiwis

[Image: 301h8ie.jpg]

Dinner:
- Tea
- Ovencooked Beef
- Ovencooked vegetables (Carrots, Zucchini, Onion)
- Green salad (olive oil, lemon squeeze)
NOTE: I cooked it all together in a baking dish and when it was done I mashed half of the veggies, so it was kinda like a sauce. So it looks disgusting but actually tasted very good!

[Image: 24eu7oo.jpg]

Today's food:

Breakfast:
- Tea
- 1 slice Pumpernickl

[Image: 2lnxvd3.jpg]

Lunch:
- Tea
- Grilled chicken
- Tomato salad (tomato, olive oil)
- 2 slices of fresh pineapple

[Image: 11jllr8.jpg]

Dinner:
- Tea
- Salad (ham, green salad, cucumber, spring onions, 4-5 olives, parsley)

[Image: 3480yew.jpg]