Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2012, 02:49 PM
RE: Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?
When Im wrong, I admit it and Im a very Introspective person, so I am always looking within and trying to improve myself in any way that I can, I do nightly meditations, affirmations, I read, that kind of thing and I realized last night that I had made an error here.

Now, I do believe there is a difference between stealing and conning. If I tell my friend I need $50 to pay a bill and I am lying to them and they hand me $50 to pay the bill, I didnt steal from them, They chose to give me the money of their own free will especially if the person KNOWS me, If they know who and what I am and they still choose to give me the cash, thats not stealing.

I didnt take it from them and I will NEVER steal from someone UNLESS and here is where I need to amend some of my words....

This is from 'Interview with Satan' a series of essays written from the viewpoint of the Devil himself, think conversations with God but with full realization that the writer is 'play acting'.

FHF: Do you have a set of commandments? Anything that sets up how a Satanist should act?

SATAN: There is nothing to command, so no commandments. That's a Christian thing. There are though, the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth, but common "rules" that everyone should want to live by, and no one is forced to live by these laws. They are simple, and I see no reason why humankind would not want to live another way. They are courteous beliefs such as; "Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to that person and they cry out to be relieved." "Do not complain about anything you need not subject yourself to." "Do not kill animals unless attacked or for food." "Do not harm children." "When in another's lair, show them respect or otherwise do not go there." And my favorite, "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If bothered, ask them to stop. If they repeat, ask again. If they repeat a third time... destroy them!"

OK, ME AGAIN
It says, do not take that which does not belong to you UNLESS THE PERSON CRIES OUT TO BE RELIEVED.

I had a neighbor friend who had a lot of junk in her home, candles, books, knicknacks and every time I would go there, she would bitch and complain that she had too much stuff and she wished she didnt have it. So, I would take candles and books and things from her, I would steal them. so when I said I dont steal, I was lying, not intentionally, I really just forgot because she moved away a long time ago and I filed her out of my mind basically but I did steal, I removed things without her knowledge.

Yet, I interpret that verse as, do not steal unless the person begs for it and she did and so I did what she wanted, I helped her with her burdern, I know, i am sick and twisted and 'evil' for lack of a better term and I love it, I am who I am, I dont pretend to be something Im not and I never will. Hail Satan!!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 03:30 PM
(02-12-2012 02:49 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  When Im wrong, I admit it and Im a very Introspective person, so I am always looking within and trying to improve myself in any way that I can, I do nightly meditations, affirmations, I read, that kind of thing and I realized last night that I had made an error here.

Now, I do believe there is a difference between stealing and conning. If I tell my friend I need $50 to pay a bill and I am lying to them and they hand me $50 to pay the bill, I didnt steal from them, They chose to give me the money of their own free will especially if the person KNOWS me, If they know who and what I am and they still choose to give me the cash, thats not stealing.

I didnt take it from them and I will NEVER steal from someone UNLESS and here is where I need to amend some of my words....

This is from 'Interview with Satan' a series of essays written from the viewpoint of the Devil himself, think conversations with God but with full realization that the writer is 'play acting'.

FHF: Do you have a set of commandments? Anything that sets up how a Satanist should act?

SATAN: There is nothing to command, so no commandments. That's a Christian thing. There are though, the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth, but common "rules" that everyone should want to live by, and no one is forced to live by these laws. They are simple, and I see no reason why humankind would not want to live another way. They are courteous beliefs such as; "Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to that person and they cry out to be relieved." "Do not complain about anything you need not subject yourself to." "Do not kill animals unless attacked or for food." "Do not harm children." "When in another's lair, show them respect or otherwise do not go there." And my favorite, "When walking in open territory, bother no one. If bothered, ask them to stop. If they repeat, ask again. If they repeat a third time... destroy them!"

OK, ME AGAIN
It says, do not take that which does not belong to you UNLESS THE PERSON CRIES OUT TO BE RELIEVED.

I had a neighbor friend who had a lot of junk in her home, candles, books, knicknacks and every time I would go there, she would bitch and complain that she had too much stuff and she wished she didnt have it. So, I would take candles and books and things from her, I would steal them. so when I said I dont steal, I was lying, not intentionally, I really just forgot because she moved away a long time ago and I filed her out of my mind basically but I did steal, I removed things without her knowledge.

Yet, I interpret that verse as, do not steal unless the person begs for it and she did and so I did what she wanted, I helped her with her burdern, I know, i am sick and twisted and 'evil' for lack of a better term and I love it, I am who I am, I dont pretend to be something Im not and I never will. Hail Satan!!

[Image: 24501020.jpg]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
02-12-2012, 03:55 PM
(02-12-2012 02:49 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  When Im wrong, I admit it and Im a very Introspective person, so I am always looking within and trying to improve myself in any way that I can, I do nightly meditations, affirmations, I read, that kind of thing and I realized last night that I had made an error here.

OK, ME AGAIN

You are still rationalizing that conning is not stealing. The law, common sense, and ethics all disagree with you.

You have wrongfully misappropriated another's property.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-12-2012, 04:30 PM
(02-12-2012 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  

OK, ME AGAIN

You are still rationalizing that conning is not stealing. The law, common sense, and ethics all disagree with you.

I follow the law 100%
There is no law that says I cannot have a store or work as a Psychic, its quite legal here so the law doesnt agree with that.

Stealing and conning are NOT the same thing but even you were right and I am wrong, so? I dont care, I am who I am, I love who I am, what do you not understand here?

A woman just brought me a brand new color printer, she purchased it of her own free will because I conned her into doing so. I didnt steal it from her, she used her own mind and her own money and brought it over of her own free will, you dont seem to understand that.

Theft is when you take something from someone without their permission.
Ethics are subjective as are morals.
02-12-2012, 04:39 PM
(02-12-2012 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  

OK, ME AGAIN

Let me explain in a better way.

I am not attempting to rationalize because to me that means I would be attempting to JUSTIFY what I am doing by saying, Look I con/I dont steal and I am not doing that because I dont have any ethical/moral base that says stealing is wrong but conning is not wrong, to me they are both right.

an example: I am at your house and I am the only one there and you have this gorgeous candle holder and I want it and I know you wont give it to me so a con is out but theft is also out in this situation because it wouldnt benefit me to take it from you BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY ONE PRESENT. You would know in a second I took it, I am all about self preservation and what benefits me and that wouldnt

BUT

Lets say I am at your house and you are having a party and there are 50 people at the party, would I take it? Yes! why not? I want it and though I might be a suspect, I know I could con you into thinking someone else took it, I am that good and Id know just who to blame too!

Now, If you were someone in my Circle of 9, I would never steal it or con you because you are in my circle for a reason and I probably would not have to, an example is that I read tarot cards for clients who come into the store to buy my products, my 17 yr old niece who is in my circle but believes in Psychics asked me for a reading last night, I explained to her that for her own good i could not and would not read for her, I explained that I am a con man and that I am not a real Psychic and I do not believe in real Psychics, she told me that she does believe and it doesnt matter to her, i said, it matters to ME, You are in my circle of 9, I will not read for you, its that simple.

Do you understand now? or....

Tasha Yar: Captain, Incoming insults and attacks, they think youre evil

Me: shields up, red alert!

Im ready!
02-12-2012, 05:13 PM
(02-12-2012 04:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 03:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are still rationalizing that conning is not stealing. The law, common sense, and ethics all disagree with you.

Let me explain in a better way.

I am not attempting to rationalize because to me that means I would be attempting to JUSTIFY what I am doing by saying, Look I con/I dont steal and I am not doing that because I dont have any ethical/moral base that says stealing is wrong but conning is not wrong, to me they are both right.

an example: I am at your house and I am the only one there and you have this gorgeous candle holder and I want it and I know you wont give it to me so a con is out but theft is also out in this situation because it wouldnt benefit me to take it from you BECAUSE I AM THE ONLY ONE PRESENT. You would know in a second I took it, I am all about self preservation and what benefits me and that wouldnt

BUT

Lets say I am at your house and you are having a party and there are 50 people at the party, would I take it? Yes! why not? I want it and though I might be a suspect, I know I could con you into thinking someone else took it, I am that good and Id know just who to blame too!

Now, If you were someone in my Circle of 9, I would never steal it or con you because you are in my circle for a reason and I probably would not have to, an example is that I read tarot cards for clients who come into the store to buy my products, my 17 yr old niece who is in my circle but believes in Psychics asked me for a reading last night, I explained to her that for her own good i could not and would not read for her, I explained that I am a con man and that I am not a real Psychic and I do not believe in real Psychics, she told me that she does believe and it doesnt matter to her, i said, it matters to ME, You are in my circle of 9, I will not read for you, its that simple.

Im ready!
Yes, I understand that you lack honesty, compassion, empathy, and concern for others.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-12-2012, 05:24 PM
Just trying to use another word to make it sound better, right. What you call "conning" is still just as bad as stealing.

"Verb: Persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception."
"Noun 1. con artist - a swindler who exploits the confidence of his victim."

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
02-12-2012, 07:05 PM
I don't think this to be an insult or an attack. This is just what pops into my head whenever I see Hail Satan mentions:

[Image: 31179207.jpg]

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
02-12-2012, 07:18 PM
(02-12-2012 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 04:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  Let me explain in a better way.

BUT

Im ready!
Yes, I understand that you lack honesty, compassion, empathy, and concern for others.

If thats how you choose to view me, fine, its not true, I am a very honest person when it benefits me to do so, I am compassionate and have concern for others when it benefits me to be so.
Thats the difference between us who follow the left hand path vs you who follow the right hand path. You have morals and ethics that are set in stone, you think that they are standard and that everyone should follow them and if we do not, we are not as moral or ethical as you but ethics and morals are subjective, what one cultures, religion or society says its right may be very well wrong to you and I accept that.
Oh well. Smile
02-12-2012, 07:24 PM
(02-12-2012 05:24 PM)Leela Wrote:  Just trying to use another word to make it sound better, right. What you call "conning" is still just as bad as stealing.

"Verb: Persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception."
"Noun 1. con artist - a swindler who exploits the confidence of his victim."

No, No No, You just dont get it do you?

Conning and stealing are NOT bad to me, they are BOTH Good because they both might benefit me and I am all about doing that which benefits me first and foremost, You see stealing as bad and you see conning as also bad, I dont. I dont see them as bad, I see them as situtional.
I am not trying to make conning seem nicer by using safer and nicer words, I dont see conning as wrong. I dont see stealing as wrong unless i am the one being conned or stolen from but thats unlikely to happen because I am weak or stupid.
The 600 Club dealt with this issue, is stealing wrong?
Is conning wrong?
Several people said they didnt need to steal but it was not wrong, some people thought that it was ok to steal from people and from stores, some people were worried about getting caught and the consequences of their actions so thought it safer to just not do it and some people said that if people cant see through the con, have at it. In Satanism its not seen as right or wrong because there is no such thing as objective morals or ethics.
Shadakism feels the same way.