Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2012, 07:26 PM
RE: Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?
(02-12-2012 07:18 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  ... I am a very honest person when it benefits me to do so, I am compassionate and have concern for others when it benefits me to be so.

That statement shows the antithesis of honesty and compassion. It is pure self-interest.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-12-2012, 07:26 PM
(02-12-2012 05:24 PM)Leela Wrote:  Just trying to use another word to make it sound better, right. What you call "conning" is still just as bad as stealing.

"Verb: Persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception."
"Noun 1. con artist - a swindler who exploits the confidence of his victim."

No, No No, You just dont get it do you?

Conning and stealing are NOT bad to me, they are BOTH Good because they both might benefit me and I am all about doing that which benefits me first and foremost, You see stealing as bad and you see conning as also bad, I dont. I dont see them as bad, I see them as situtional.
I am not trying to make conning seem nicer by using safer and nicer words, I dont see conning as wrong. I dont see stealing as wrong unless i am the one being conned or stolen from but thats unlikely to happen because I am weak or stupid.
The 600 Club dealt with this issue, is stealing wrong?
Is conning wrong?
Several people said they didnt need to steal but it was not wrong, some people thought that it was ok to steal from people and from stores, some people were worried about getting caught and the consequences of their actions so thought it safer to just not do it and some people said that if people cant see through the con, have at it. In Satanism its not seen as right or wrong because there is no such thing as objective morals or ethics.
Shadakism feels the same way.
Find all posts by this user
02-12-2012, 07:28 PM
(02-12-2012 04:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  ...
Incoming insults and attacks, they think youre evil

Not evil just a different morality and therefore not someone who will get invited to many parties.

A few months back, I found a wallet with a sizable sum in it. I tracked down the owner through a couple of scraps of data I found therein.

Last week I was in a long queue. It was long because the old man at the front found he was short of a few dollars to pay for his groceries. I paid for him. My ROI was a) time saved and b) an inner glow.

I'm sure that you would consider these things stupid or irrational and that 'reciprocity' is only useful when applied to your circle of nine.

On a different scale, but in a similar vein, there are those who will evade paying tax if they thought they could get away with it.

I get it. I get that, the greater the disconnect between you and your victim the less likely you are to recognise it as victimhood... another drone strike kills other people's babies, meh, whatever... but are you saying that you understand the concept of the societal benefits of reciprocity and you ignore it or that you think the world would be a better place if we all behaved as you do?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
02-12-2012, 07:30 PM
(02-12-2012 05:24 PM)Leela Wrote:  Just trying to use another word to make it sound better, right. What you call "conning" is still just as bad as stealing.

"Verb: Persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception."

Conning and stealing are NOT bad to me, they are BOTH Good because they both might benefit me and I am all about doing that which benefits me first and foremost, You see stealing as bad and you see conning as also bad, I dont. I dont see them as bad, I see them as situtional.
I am not trying to make conning seem nicer by using safer and nicer words, I dont see conning as wrong. I dont see stealing as wrong unless i am the one being conned or stolen from but thats unlikely to happen because I am not weak or stupid.
Is conning wrong?
Several people said they didnt need to steal but it was not wrong, some people thought that it was ok to steal from people and from stores, some people were worried about getting caught and the consequences of their actions so thought it safer to just not do it and some people said that if people cant see through the con, have at it. In Satanism its not seen as right or wrong because there is no such thing as objective morals or ethics.
02-12-2012, 07:32 PM
(02-12-2012 07:26 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  

I am not trying to make conning seem nicer by using safer and nicer words, I dont see conning as wrong. I dont see stealing as wrong unless i am the one being conned or stolen from but thats unlikely to happen because I am weak or stupid.
Is conning wrong?
No, I see that quite clearly. You are a sociopath.
If I caught you stealing in my home, there might be enough of you left to be arrested, but I wouldn't bank on it.

02-12-2012, 07:36 PM
(02-12-2012 07:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 07:18 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  ... I am a very honest person when it benefits me to do so, I am compassionate and have concern for others when it benefits me to be so.

That statement shows the antithesis of honesty and compassion. It is pure self-interest.

and?

Satanism is about Self Interest!

Im not sure where the confusion lies.
02-12-2012, 07:46 PM
(02-12-2012 07:36 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 07:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  That statement shows the antithesis of honesty and compassion. It is pure self-interest.

and?

Satanism is about Self Interest!

Im not sure where the confusion lies.
I'm not confused in the least.
02-12-2012, 07:50 PM
(02-12-2012 07:28 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 04:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  ...
Incoming insults and attacks, they think youre evil

Not evil just a different morality and therefore not someone who will get invited to many parties.

A few months back, I found a wallet with a sizable sum in it. I tracked down the owner through a couple of scraps of data I found therein.

Last week I was in a long queue. It was long because the old man at the front found he was short of a few dollars to pay for his groceries. I paid for him. My ROI was a) time saved and b) an inner glow.

I'm sure that you would consider these things stupid or irrational and that 'reciprocity' is only useful when applied to your circle of nine.

On a different scale, but in a similar vein, there are those who will evade paying tax if they thought they could get away with it.

I get it. I get that, the greater the disconnect between you and your victim the less likely you are to recognise it as victimhood... another drone strike kills other people's babies, meh, whatever... but are you saying that you understand the concept of the societal benefits of reciprocity and you ignore it or that you think the world would be a better place if we all behaved as you do?

Not at all!

I started a charity in 2009 out of pocket to help those less fortunate than I am, I bought someone a sandwich in the line behind me at subway the other day simply because she was nice to me, I donate food, clothes, toys and christmas trees to those who cannot afford them, my store donates money every month to charities and individuals and businesses in the community thay may not be doing so well so that they can be revitalized and thrive, I love helping people that are poor or in need, I love buying gifts for people, I love walking down to the hooker lane and handing out hot chocolate and condoms to the street girls, I love taking homemade soups and sandwiches to the homeless and blankets, I held a christmas party in my home in 2010 fr several homeless people, let them take hot showers and eat but the difference between you and me is that I recognize my rational self interest in these actions, I benefit emotionally from them and thats why I do them, I get something out of charity work, i feel GOOD about myself and who i am and I think thats why we all are that way but I can admit it where other people will say, oh its the right to do or the right way to be, maybe so but I admit why I do it.
I only think that giving to others is stupid if you need something yourself and give to others and it does not benefit you, for example, a neighbor needs food and you give him everything you have and all your money and you starve. That would be pretty stupid.
I look out for myself first, I do what benefits me, what makes me happy, feel good, feel satisfied and then I worry about those in my circle next and then I worry about other people, the poor mainly, my clients, the people who come into my store are not poor, they have money, I see no problem in taking their money and using it for my needs which includes helping those less fortunate if it doesnt infringe on my needs.
This is a quote taken directly from the Book 'The fire within' which is a Satanic text
_________
This is very true. While Satanism is ultimatly about the self, it recognizes as in the Satanic Bible that it is possible to derive pleasure from helping others and that often times helping others will bring its own rewards. You can be selfish but that doesent mean that you can't be civilized... the Devil is after all a gentleman, so why be barbaric when you can civil.
_________

So if It benefits me to steal I will, if it benefits me to give to charity I will, If it benefits me to con a rich person so I can help the poor, I will and I have no guilt over that at all so telling me I am sociopath or a bad person or whatever has no affect on me, I like who I am, I am proud to be who I am so....
Oh and on the wallet you found, I have seen people drop money and wallets and not notice that they have dropped it and I tell them. If I found a wallet with The ID inside, I would call the person and find out where they lived and return it to them and hope for a reward, I might even ask for one but Id make it sound like a joke, like, I found your wallet, I hope theres a huge reward in it, hahaha and see what they said, if they offered me a reward I would likely return the wallet as is. If not, I might take a reward for myself. If the wallet had NO ID in it, I would likely just throw it out and remove any cash inside.
Thats what benefits me.
02-12-2012, 07:53 PM
(02-12-2012 07:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 07:26 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  No, No No, You just dont get it do you?

Is conning wrong?
No, I see that quite clearly. You are a sociopath.
If I caught you stealing in my home, there might be enough of you left to be arrested, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Id never get caught, I am a MASTER con artist, I have never been caught by a client and I can spin you around till youre blue in the face and you wouldnt even know I was doing it. so good luck with those threats. and no, I am not a sociopath. I care about other people very much, the poor, animals, children, my circle of 9, people who have earned my respect but I care about myself first and foremost.
Smile
02-12-2012, 07:57 PM
(02-12-2012 07:53 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 07:32 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, I see that quite clearly. You are a sociopath.

Id never get caught, I am a MASTER con artist, I have never been caught by a client and I can spin you around till youre blue in the face and you wouldnt even know I was doing it. so good luck with those threats. and no, I am not a sociopath. I care about other people very much, the poor, animals, children, my circle of 9, people who have earned my respect but I care about myself first and foremost.
Smile
I'm not threatening you. Just be aware that people like you are beneath contempt.