Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2012, 08:11 PM
RE: Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?
(02-12-2012 07:50 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  ...
but the difference between you and me is that I recognize my rational self interest in these actions,

In that case you misread my previous post. Please do not make assumptions about me.

I held a christmas party in my home in 2010 fr several homeless people,

If everyone behaved like you, you would have had nothing left after the party. Consider

so telling me I am sociopath or a bad person or whatever has no affect on me,

When did I say that?

I think we have nothing more to say to each other.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 08:17 PM
(02-12-2012 08:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
but the difference between you and me is that I recognize my rational self interest in these actions,

In that case you misread my previous post. Please do not make assumptions about me.

I held a christmas party in my home in 2010 fr several homeless people,

If everyone behaved like you, you would have had nothing left after the party. Consider

so telling me I am sociopath or a bad person or whatever has no affect on me,

When did I say that?

I think we have nothing more to say to each other.

Its a sad idea that homeless people steal, they dont. I had plenty of things left when they left, in fact, nothing was taken.
But this is simply a case of damned if I dont (Im selfish, bad, evil) and damned If I do.
Youre right. Nothing left to say on this topic as far as I am concerned. Smile
02-12-2012, 08:50 PM
(02-12-2012 07:30 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 05:24 PM)Leela Wrote:  Just trying to use another word to make it sound better, right. What you call "conning" is still just as bad as stealing.

"Verb: Persuade (someone) to do or believe something, typically by use of a deception."
"Noun 1. con artist - a swindler who exploits the confidence of his victim."

No, No No, You just dont get it do you?

Conning and stealing are NOT bad to me, they are BOTH Good because they both might benefit me and I am all about doing that which benefits me first and foremost, You see stealing as bad and you see conning as also bad, I dont. I dont see them as bad, I see them as situtional.
I am not trying to make conning seem nicer by using safer and nicer words, I dont see conning as wrong. I dont see stealing as wrong unless i am the one being conned or stolen from but thats unlikely to happen because I am not weak or stupid.
The 600 Club dealt with this issue, is stealing wrong?
Is conning wrong?
Several people said they didnt need to steal but it was not wrong, some people thought that it was ok to steal from people and from stores, some people were worried about getting caught and the consequences of their actions so thought it safer to just not do it and some people said that if people cant see through the con, have at it. In Satanism its not seen as right or wrong because there is no such thing as objective morals or ethics.
Shadakism feels the same way.
I suspect that people like Bernie Madoff have the same moral stance as you.

Your morality is that of a tribe or pack, most closely resembling the baboon.
It is thousands of years out of date and is unfit for civilized people.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
02-12-2012, 10:25 PM
(02-12-2012 08:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 07:30 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  No, No No, You just dont get it do you?

Conning and stealing are NOT bad to me, they are BOTH Good because they both might benefit me and I am all about doing that which benefits me first and foremost, You see stealing as bad and you see conning as also bad, I dont. I dont see them as bad, I see them as situtional.
I am not trying to make conning seem nicer by using safer and nicer words, I dont see conning as wrong. I dont see stealing as wrong unless i am the one being conned or stolen from but thats unlikely to happen because I am not weak or stupid.
Is conning wrong?
Several people said they didnt need to steal but it was not wrong, some people thought that it was ok to steal from people and from stores, some people were worried about getting caught and the consequences of their actions so thought it safer to just not do it and some people said that if people cant see through the con, have at it. In Satanism its not seen as right or wrong because there is no such thing as objective morals or ethics.

'The Satanist should not be concerned with what is best for the mass, only what is best for OURSELVES, if a man looks at you with contempt or pity for who and what you are, spit in his face and walk away knowing you are the better man'
~ Jason Bane
02-12-2012, 10:40 PM
(02-12-2012 08:50 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-12-2012 07:30 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  No, No No, You just dont get it do you?

Is conning wrong?

It also strongly resembles the catholic church and all other money-grabbing, self-absorbed religions.

Justification of the immorality by pointing to good deeds. Sounds so very familiar.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?
It would be a pretty interesting world if everyone in it were satanists. It would be pretty sad to no longer have people to ass-fuck because everyone is doing the same thing.

The bright side is, if everyone were a satanjst, we could speed up space exploration so we can find new weaklings to steal from!!!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
03-12-2012, 11:50 AM
(01-12-2012 08:42 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 08:00 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your friend is a reprehensible con. She is a dishonest bitch, and you are an asshole for agreeing with her.

hehe
The best Satanists make the best con artists!
and I am very proud of who and what I am. Then again....Pride is a sin, hehe
Hail Satan!
How does this fit in with the "dignity and worth of all people"? You said elsewhere that you are a Unitarian Universalist, but that's apparently in name only.

Here's a reminder of the seven principles:

The inherent worth and dignity of every person;
Justice, equity and compassion in human relations;
Acceptance of one another and encouragement to spiritual growth in our congregations;
A free and responsible search for truth and meaning;
The right of conscience and the use of the democratic process within our congregations and in society at large;
The goal of world community with peace, liberty, and justice for all;
Respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part.

You're violating more than one of those.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 3 users Like Impulse's post
03-12-2012, 11:59 AM
(01-12-2012 02:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 02:31 PM)Vosur Wrote:  That's exactly what you're being criticized for. You prey on the weak- and simple-minded for your personal gain, even though, or precisely because you know that they won't be able to resist you.

and that is what makes me a great Con man and a great Satanic Witch. I prey on the weak and the stupid. People who have a different set of morals and values dont approve of that, fine, thats their thing, I like who I am and all that matters to me is that my circle of 9 likes who I am and each one of them knows who I am and that I would never con them *unless the fall out of favor with me of course*. But honestly if my sister were to say to me, I cant stand that you do that to people, I think youre rotten for it-Her opinion would not matter in the end to me, all that should and does matter is what i think.
so while she is important to me, I would disregard her personal morals in favor of what I know is right for me.
It's ironic that you see yourself as somehow strong for preying on the weak. As it see it, that makes you weak. Only the weak pick on the weak because it's all they have any chance of conquering.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
03-12-2012, 12:07 PM
(01-12-2012 03:41 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 03:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  Bullshit. You are stealing from people by selling fake crap, and that certainly harms others, including their children.

The dictionary (since its so important to everyone here)
defines theft as taking something from someone without their explicit permission.
Quit making excuses! You are stealing. Period. Even by that definition. Just because people hand you money in ignorance does not make it the same as "with permission". They hand you money and don't get what they paid for in return; only what they THINK they paid for. It's dishonest, it's stealing, and you damn well know it.

03-12-2012, 12:20 PM
(01-12-2012 04:35 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(01-12-2012 04:14 PM)DLJ Wrote:  You deny sociopathy but I am wondering whether this definition is more appropriate:

"... shallow emotions (in particular reduced fear), stress tolerance, lacking empathy, coldheartedness, egocentricity, superficial charm, manipulativeness, irresponsibility, impulsivity, criminality, antisocial behaviors such as lacking guilt and living a parasitic lifestyle."

Drinking Beverage

Well, Im not cold hearted and I dont lack empathy. I feel sadness when someone I love is in pain and I started my out of pocket charity because I wanted to help those who are less fortunate so that would imply that I do feel empathy. I am a very responsible person, I have not denied what i do and I take the consequences of my actions if I am ever caught which has never happened but if it did, I would not blame God or Satan or whatever else might be handy.
I am not anti social, I have many friends and family and co-workers, I am not impulsive and I am not a criminal, Ive never been arrested, I had perfect grades in high school, many friends, am involved now in many programs and the church of course.
I also feel guilt when I hurt someone that I care about. I also do not have shallow emotions, i feel things very deeply.
However, I definately am a con man. I am ego centric and manipulative. I also am charming to my clients but I also am charming to those I care about, I have learned how to be what people need me to be in all aspects of my life though I am a work in progress. So, see the definition only fits to a very small degree.
Do you really believe all that manure you are shoveling? You feel empathy for people you love (maybe), but couldn't care less about people you don't love that allow you to take advantage of them... And that certainly is shallow emotions although I'm not at all surprised that you disagree. I guess you have to have deeper emotions before you can understand that.

Egocentric and manipulative... ya think???

Charming... Laughat

What's this about "if I am ever caught"? Consider Um, at what...? Didn't you say you were doing nothing wrong...?

[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post