Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2012, 05:07 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 05:20 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?
(03-12-2012 01:45 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  The fact that I am a master manipulator and cant [sic] con anyone, even people here if I wanted to do so, makes me highly cunning, very crafty and very strong.

"Highly cunning, very crafty and very strong", fuck you bitch. You ain't as cunning as you think, you ain't as crafty as you think, and you sure as shit ain't as strong as you think. Bring it to the metaphysicial dohyō, narcissistic bitch, let's see if you can manipulate Bob, bitch.

(03-12-2012 04:35 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Uninteresting troll, uninteresting person altogether. If you say your a con and you can con anyone, even people here, what is real of yourself will never show online. You'll be second-guessed every single time. *yawn*

The DazedIrishman couldn't con Bob anymore than Satan or God could. I'm just here to write code bitches. I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-12-2012, 05:25 PM
(03-12-2012 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 04:35 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Uninteresting troll, uninteresting person altogether. If you say your a con and you can con anyone, even people here, what is real of yourself will never show online. You'll be second-guessed every single time. *yawn*
(03-12-2012 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The DazedIrishman couldn't con Bob anymore than Satan or God could. I'm just here to write code bitches. I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.

They say there is some secret code
that Girly wrote, or so I'm told.
But you don't really care for coding, do ya?

It went like this, in Forth and Lisp,
and Modula, not to mention Bliss;
a baffled guy composing calculation.

Calculation!
Calculation.
Calculation!
Calcula-a-a-ation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
03-12-2012, 05:34 PM
(03-12-2012 05:25 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 05:07 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The DazedIrishman couldn't con Bob anymore than Satan or God could. I'm just here to write code bitches. I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you.

They say there is some secret code
that Girly wrote, or so I'm told.
But you don't really care for coding, do ya?

It went like this, in Forth and Lisp,
and Modula, not to mention Bliss;
a baffled guy composing calculation.

Calculation!
Calculation.
Calculation!
Calcula-a-a-ation.

Girly sings that shit in C#.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
04-12-2012, 05:35 AM
(03-12-2012 04:06 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 01:39 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  1. All people have Inate worth. we are born as Atheists/Satanists, children are very manipulative and its a very natural state for them to such, all people are INATELY worthy but as they grow up into adults they can begin to show weakness and stupidity and lose their claim to fame so to speak, they then get what they deserve, for example, while Matt a conviced murderer and rapist I admit is a human being and has inate worth, He to me is not worthy to live and does not deserve to be in our society, Youd be hard pressed to find people that did not agree with me.
2. I am a firm believer in swift Justice for those that get caught in their wrong doings, this shows that they were not clever enough to keep what they were on the down low. I also believe that criminals-hard core ones I mean should be thrown into jail for 30 days and then executed within that time for their crimes-murderers, rapists, child molesters and the like are what I mean by hard core crimes, things like traffic tickets, not showing up in court, thefts, those are crimes as well and if caught should have punishment but these people do not deserve that level of harsh punishment. I also believe in compassion for those who are poor which is why I started my charity in 2009, at the same time, Satanists want to see a society based on Satanic values, this includes NO welfare system, would the weak survive without the welfare system they have become so dependent on? No, I am not talking about the old and those that are TRULY disabled, I am disabled and Yet I am able to work, I am speaking of those like me who are disabled, able to work and sit around and let everyone do things for them or women who have 20 babies because she knows the food stamps program and medicaid program will bail her out, we are against this kind of thinking and want such programs to either be eliminated altogether or more carefully restricted. Equality for all races, all cultures is something I strive for very much but we are not equal as a people and that should be understood, we dont all have equal abilities or contributions but I do not believe that is what the 7 principles are speaking of here.
3. I accept other people and I would encourage people to grow spiritually in whatever ways work for them, I do not care if someone is a Christian, a Witch, a Buddhist, i find that all of these paths have enriched my life in the past and I support people on these paths, I do try to point out that their beliefs are bullshit but only if they ask for my opinion on these matters, otherwise i live and let live.
4. Of course, everyone should have their own search for personal truth and meaning.
5. I believe in a democratic society where people have the right to choose their own fate and I believe in responsibility to the responsible.
6. A world community where the intelligent and artistic are recognized and honored, where all races and all people have the same basic rights, where there is no war, no homelessness, etc I support.
7. Respect for Nature/The Universe, The Goddess, we are all connected, etc I agree with 100%, More than any of the others coming from my background.
I do not see how I am Violating any of the 7 prinicples with my beliefs and practices as a Satanist, However, if I am obviously over time the UU position would have to be dropped or the Satanic position would have to be dropped, as Ive said several times now I am trying to figure out if Satanism is compatible with Witchcraft and UU....have I not?
However, Being a con man has NOTHING to do with the church, Most people in my church are atheists or agnostic, very few really believe in what i sell so they cant become marks and if they showed interest in being a mark I would either say NO because in the long run it would not benefit me to lose membership of the church OR i would have to decide if membership was more important than having the client-what benefits me more in the long run in other words?
Clearly you are NOT a Unitarian Universalist. Those are YOUR twisted interpretations, not the definitions established by that church. What about "every person" do you not understand? The church says it believes in "The inherent worth and dignity of every person" NOT "The inherent worth and dignity of every person except for the weak and stupid". I'm not going to go through each of the seven principals for you. Just that one alone is enough to show your complete ignorance of Unitarian Universalism. If I were you I'd now accuse you of being weak and stupid, but happily I'm not you.

Read #1 again, i said 1. All people have Inate worth ALL PEOPLE
I have been a UU since 2004. I have a clear understanding of the prinicples and practices contained within and have spoke several times on these subjects as well having given a couple of lay person sermons on Spiritual atheism and Naturalistic Paganism.
Here is what one of our congregations has to say on this very subject: Our first principle does not demand that we like
every person.It does not even go so far
as to demand that we love every person – although our sources section does say
that we draw upon our Jewish and Christian sources which “command us to respond
to God’s love by loving our neighbor as ourselves.”However, our first principle calls for
something different: an awareness of the worth and dignity of
all.

I have this awareness, I know that we are all of value, of worth, that is why i stated INATE worth of all people in my previous post, I certainly do not respect all people's actions, I do not respect their silly religions (though I respect their right to have such views and I do not interfere in those beliefs) Satanism does say-Do not give opinions unless asked!
I also do not like certain people and I do not love them either.
Being a weak person or a stupid person does not mean that you do not have value, in fact it would make you quite valuable to me, Just as a murderer, a rapist and a pedophile still are INATELY valuable but are not such to society and should be discarded for their disgusting behaviors, some people cannot be rehabilitated and we should not even try to do so.
Keep in mind that Satanism says: love, compassion, and sympathy are not to be wasted upon "ingrates"; these are to be given only to those who the practitioner feels deserves them.
Nowhere in that statement does it say that we are to disregard human life, human value, etc.
04-12-2012, 05:47 AM
(03-12-2012 04:15 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 01:49 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  How many times do I have to explain to you?
According to the law I am not stealing! I follow the law
Yet what you are not grasping here is that YES, I know, I dont care, I love it, I feel alive when I con someone, I LOVE IT, I HAVE NO GUILT WHEN I CON THE FUCK OUT OF A CLIENT, what do you think your pleas of emotion will make me suddenly say, oh wow, I am stealing, oh no thats bad and I will quit? I wont.
Satanists are not against conning someone but we are against blatant theft. There is a difference to us, MAYBE NOT TO YOU THOUGH but to us yes and thats the difference between those that walk on the Left hand path, You have right hand morals-You follow a set moral code and anyone who violates this agreed upon code is a terrible bad person, whah whah whah!
Pleas of emotion? No it's simple logic. Conning people, stealing, and cheating are not hallmarks of strength. If you really believe they are, then your logic is clearly faulty and maybe I should call you stupid after all. Those are tactics for the weak. People like you hide behind lies because you can't succeed any other way besides taking advantage of people. Face it, you don't believe you could be as successful by honest means. That's why you resort to taking advantage of people. You don't see yourself as a god, but as a weakling who MUST cheat to succeed. Your the only one here who doesn't seem to understand that.

Ah, but that is YOUR opinion of me, It is NOT my opinion, see I know who I am, I am very secure in my own personal life, my own self image is clear. I had a contract with a theater company when I was 19, I won an award for being the youngest author in my state when I was 12 for a short story I published, I do not consider acting or writing, working as a chef or working a massage therapist as cons, I see them as legitimate work that does not require conning others and I am and have done these things, I am doing them.
I am also in a very happy relationship, involved in my church, Im quite succesful in the areas of my life that I care about though I will not say I am perfect or 100% where I want to be, I do not believe in self deceit.
I dont con people because I have to, I do it because I love to do it, I love to prove that I am an intelligent person, that I can create elaboate schemes and ideas to catch another person, a spider catching a fly and all of that, Its FUN, Its not done because I dont have a choice, I actually did not have my store or work in my field for several years but there was always something missing from my life and now I know what it was.
I know who I am and it really doesnt matter what you say about me, it wont change, so go ahead and be an asshole all you like, Im not leaving, I will continue to ask questions in my Question thread and I will continue to share my views as a Satanist and read other views so I can learn and improve which is what I am all about-Self and world Improvement.
Smile
04-12-2012, 05:50 AM
(03-12-2012 04:35 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Gotta give it to Satanism and the added bonus they don't teach you: you come out of the closet and all your skeletons are on display, a lot more early than you'd like.

Uninteresting troll, uninteresting person altogether. If you say your a con and you can con anyone, even people here, what is real of yourself will never show online. You'll be second-guessed every single time. *yawn*

And thats OK, I am not here to show you who I am, If you see something in me that you like and wish to be friends and i feel the same way, i will give you my personal info and we shall build a friendship but if not, thats ok too, I am not here for YOU, I am here for ME, I came here because I thought being around atheists would benefit me in some way and it has!
04-12-2012, 08:57 AM
(04-12-2012 05:50 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 04:35 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Gotta give it to Satanism and the added bonus they don't teach you: you come out of the closet and all your skeletons are on display, a lot more early than you'd like.

Uninteresting troll, uninteresting person altogether. If you say your a con and you can con anyone, even people here, what is real of yourself will never show online. You'll be second-guessed every single time. *yawn*

And thats OK, I am not here to show you who I am, If you see something in me that you like and wish to be friends and i feel the same way, i will give you my personal info and we shall build a friendship but if not, thats ok too, I am not here for YOU, I am here for ME, I came here because I thought being around atheists would benefit me in some way and it has!
I have no interest in knowing who you are, what your personal info is or in seeking a friendship. That bullshit out of the way, you've missed the point, but hey, there have been several points you've missed already.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 3 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
04-12-2012, 09:19 AM
(04-12-2012 05:35 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 04:06 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Clearly you are NOT a Unitarian Universalist. Those are YOUR twisted interpretations, not the definitions established by that church. What about "every person" do you not understand? The church says it believes in "The inherent worth and dignity of every person" NOT "The inherent worth and dignity of every person except for the weak and stupid". I'm not going to go through each of the seven principals for you. Just that one alone is enough to show your complete ignorance of Unitarian Universalism. If I were you I'd now accuse you of being weak and stupid, but happily I'm not you.

Read #1 again, i said 1. All people have Inate worth ALL PEOPLE
I have been a UU since 2004. I have a clear understanding of the prinicples and practices contained within and have spoke several times on these subjects as well having given a couple of lay person sermons on Spiritual atheism and Naturalistic Paganism.
Here is what one of our congregations has to say on this very subject: Our first principle does not demand that we like
to God’s love by loving our neighbor as ourselves.”However, our first principle calls for
all.

I have this awareness, I know that we are all of value, of worth, that is why i stated INATE worth of all people in my previous post, I certainly do not respect all people's actions, I do not respect their silly religions (though I respect their right to have such views and I do not interfere in those beliefs) Satanism does say-Do not give opinions unless asked!
Being a weak person or a stupid person does not mean that you do not have value, in fact it would make you quite valuable to me, Just as a murderer, a rapist and a pedophile still are INATELY valuable but are not such to society and should be discarded for their disgusting behaviors, some people cannot be rehabilitated and we should not even try to do so.
Keep in mind that Satanism says: love, compassion, and sympathy are not to be wasted upon "ingrates"; these are to be given only to those who the practitioner feels deserves them.
Nowhere in that statement does it say that we are to disregard human life, human value, etc.
In your complete arrogance, you can't even recognize your own bullshit. When you believe in the inherent worth and dignity of all people you also treat them that way. If you truly understand Unitarian Universalism, then you know "belief" is far more than literal belief in that principle; it also means your actions are consistent with that belief. Conning, stealing and cheating don't fit that. Nor do they fit treating people with justice, equity, and compassion (principle #2). Nor do they fit the right of conscience (a part of principle #5). Nor do they fit respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part (principle #7). Those principles aren't there for anyone to shape them to their convenience. Those principles have specific meanings and your twisted versions of them are flat out wrong. Don't play UU "expert" with me. I have also been a UU member since 2001 and I know exactly what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, obviously don't.

Furthermore, if you truly understand "innate worth", you know that means far more than what they are worth to you personally.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 2 users Like Impulse's post
04-12-2012, 09:25 AM
(04-12-2012 05:47 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 04:15 PM)Impulse Wrote:  Pleas of emotion? No it's simple logic. Conning people, stealing, and cheating are not hallmarks of strength. If you really believe they are, then your logic is clearly faulty and maybe I should call you stupid after all. Those are tactics for the weak. People like you hide behind lies because you can't succeed any other way besides taking advantage of people. Face it, you don't believe you could be as successful by honest means. That's why you resort to taking advantage of people. You don't see yourself as a god, but as a weakling who MUST cheat to succeed. Your the only one here who doesn't seem to understand that.

Ah, but that is YOUR opinion of me, It is NOT my opinion, see I know who I am, I am very secure in my own personal life, my own self image is clear. I had a contract with a theater company when I was 19, I won an award for being the youngest author in my state when I was 12 for a short story I published, I do not consider acting or writing, working as a chef or working a massage therapist as cons, I see them as legitimate work that does not require conning others and I am and have done these things, I am doing them.
I am also in a very happy relationship, involved in my church, Im quite succesful in the areas of my life that I care about though I will not say I am perfect or 100% where I want to be, I do not believe in self deceit.
I dont con people because I have to, I do it because I love to do it, I love to prove that I am an intelligent person, that I can create elaboate schemes and ideas to catch another person, a spider catching a fly and all of that, Its FUN, Its not done because I dont have a choice, I actually did not have my store or work in my field for several years but there was always something missing from my life and now I know what it was.
I know who I am and it really doesnt matter what you say about me, it wont change, so go ahead and be an asshole all you like, Im not leaving, I will continue to ask questions in my Question thread and I will continue to share my views as a Satanist and read other views so I can learn and improve which is what I am all about-Self and world Improvement.
Smile
You just keep right on lying to yourself. It's no skin off my back. You're the one who will lose in the long run. The fact is, if you could make more money honestly than you are doing dishonestly, you would do so. Your selfishness is obvious from your posts so the truth that you would do so follows from that. The fact that you stick with dishonest means is solid evidence that you believe that's the only way you could be as successful. You can claim a thousand times about how confident you are, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that you don't believe you are capable of high success from honest means. You are not the god your satanism says you should be. Quite the opposite. That's not my opinion. It's fact unless all your posts have been lies.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
05-12-2012, 01:57 AM
(04-12-2012 09:19 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(04-12-2012 05:35 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  Read #1 again, i said 1. All people have Inate worth ALL PEOPLE
all.

In your complete arrogance, you can't even recognize your own bullshit. When you believe in the inherent worth and dignity of all people you also treat them that way. If you truly understand Unitarian Universalism, then you know "belief" is far more than literal belief in that principle; it also means your actions are consistent with that belief. Conning, stealing and cheating don't fit that. Nor do they fit treating people with justice, equity, and compassion (principle #2). Nor do they fit the right of conscience (a part of principle #5). Nor do they fit respect for the interdependent web of all existence of which we are a part (principle #7). Those principles aren't there for anyone to shape them to their convenience. Those principles have specific meanings and your twisted versions of them are flat out wrong. Don't play UU "expert" with me. I have also been a UU member since 2001 and I know exactly what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, obviously don't.

Furthermore, if you truly understand "innate worth", you know that means far more than what they are worth to you personally.

I do treat people as if they have inherent worth, I treat people with love and compassion unless they have shown me that they do not deserve that love and compassion.

#7? I fail to see how I am violating #7 at all, having been raised Pagan, thats the princple that I find mysefi in agreement with more than any of the thers.
When I joined the church, I was told that like the Satanic laws found in The Satanic Bible, the prinicples are GUIDELINES to follow, some people do not always agree with each one, for example in the resources section where we are called to love our neighbor as we respond to God's love, of course being an atheistic person I do not agree with the wording of this idea.
However, I can assure you that I am well aware of what each of the guiding principles mean and as someone who studies religion and spirituality every single day, I am always seeking to improve myself and the world around me in any way that I can and that includes reading UU sermons and articles, talking on message boards, talking to my pastor 3-4 times a week, reading UU inspired materials and I am quite in line with the teachings.
I have always said that there may be some slight or major differences between Satanism and UU and I need to discover if there are and if there are, I need to choose which one to follow and I am open to that possibility but I do not see any so far.
I asked my pastor today what she thinks about conning vs stealing, her answer was- what do you think and it depends but then when I told her what I think about the 2 and how they are different, she told me she agrees-I cannot stop true believers from believing and since I too need to make a living, there is nothing wrong with my store, then she said-Just because I do not believe in my products does not mean that do not work and it would be wrong of me to stop selling them to those that do believe because they are helped by my products.
Theft however is wrong unless someone begs of you to steal and I never steal just to steal, I do not dine and dash, I do not shoplift but even if I did, so? Morals and ethics are again subjective, It might be wrong to you for me to walk into home depot and walk out with a a...hmm, Yeah shows you how much I go there-well anyways, walk out with something and not pay, to another person who did not share your morals, it would not be wrong.
What is really happening with these discussions is that you-and others here do not like me, its that simple so you are looking for any way to discredit me but it simply isnt working, I know who I am and what I am talking about, I am also willing to look within at my beliefs and practices to make sure they are in line with each other, I do not stand by something so staunchly that I am so arrogant as to not see my own bullshit.
Nice try though