Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2012, 12:49 PM
RE: Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?
(09-12-2012 01:29 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 09:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, we understand it. You don't understand how we don't think it's respectful or respectable.

I understand that perfectly.
I simply believe that non theistic spiritualities and atheism have much in common and instead of bickering about our differences, we should in a sense be allies, the only difference I see between the two is that 'generally and usually' the atheist rejects spirituality but in reality an atheist is a person who rejects belief in god, this does not mean that the person has to stop being spiritual in any sense and that is the difference here, I have maintained a sense of spirituality, where you have not and so we have become enemies, its stupid.
Same with Naturalistic Pagans and Non theist Witches whether they be Naturalistic, atheist, Satanist or whatever seem to be at odds with atheists when there is no need, all of these are non theistic paths with ritual added in so why the huge fight? So, a person finds comfort in lighting candles and spirit dancing or in meditating in the woods or by the ocean or someone likes to attend a UU church.
Oh well. Smile I give up. You win. I am done.
Next topic please! Dodgy Exclamation
No, I am not your ally. Your broken moral compass is anathema.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-12-2012, 02:08 PM
(09-12-2012 12:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 01:29 AM)Irishdize Wrote:  I understand that perfectly.
I simply believe that non theistic spiritualities and atheism have much in common and instead of bickering about our differences, we should in a sense be allies, the only difference I see between the two is that 'generally and usually' the atheist rejects spirituality but in reality an atheist is a person who rejects belief in god, this does not mean that the person has to stop being spiritual in any sense and that is the difference here, I have maintained a sense of spirituality, where you have not and so we have become enemies, its stupid.
Same with Naturalistic Pagans and Non theist Witches whether they be Naturalistic, atheist, Satanist or whatever seem to be at odds with atheists when there is no need, all of these are non theistic paths with ritual added in so why the huge fight? So, a person finds comfort in lighting candles and spirit dancing or in meditating in the woods or by the ocean or someone likes to attend a UU church.
Oh well. Smile I give up. You win. I am done.
Next topic please! Dodgy Exclamation
No, I am not your ally. Your broken moral compass is anathema.
My moral compass is not broken, morals and values are subjective, mine are just different than yours
Find all posts by this user
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
(08-12-2012 07:08 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(08-12-2012 05:48 PM)Impulse Wrote:  What you're not understanding is your own words speak for themselves. Drinking Beverage

What you do not understand is that some people here yourself included are too stupid to understand Satanism, that has very little to do with my conveying what we believe in or practice. Drinking Beverage
That's it? That's what you've got? Laughat We were discussing Unitarian Universalism, conning vs. stealing, etc. Satanism was barely the subject and really just a tangent. You have no clue what I do or don't understand about Satanism because we haven't discussed that, but you'll label me stupid as a shot in the dark. Wow, is that weak. Talk about stupid!

Satanism doesn't explain how one minute you said stealing is wrong and the next you said you don't think stealing is wrong and you would steal if it benefited you. Only either lying or insanity explains that. Nothing else. I'd say "nice try", but it was pathetic actually. Drinking Beverage

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-12-2012, 03:51 PM
(09-12-2012 02:08 PM)Irishdize Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 12:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, I am not your ally. Your broken moral compass is anathema.
My moral compass is not broken, morals and values are subjective, mine are just different than yours
The problem with that line of reasoning is a ruthless, sadistic, serial rapist killer could say those exact words.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post