Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-07-2012, 06:02 AM
RE: Leela's spirituality: How is magic being taught?
Hafnonf: Whatever you use. Herbs, candles, christals, pendulum, tarot, incense, notebook... Just like e.g. as a catholic you have a rosary, a bible, a songbook, a cross on the wall, etc...

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-07-2012, 09:50 AM
But, how can it be taught or learned? There is no feedback since whatever witchcraft you do has no effect on the world. How can you know you are doing it right? All you can do is go through the motions. The crystals don't do anything, the spells don't do anything, etc.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
01-07-2012, 11:01 AM
Chas: witches do the same thing that any other religions do, they think that they are actually doing something with their rituals and meditations and candles and crystals. "Belief"...
Another thing is that they don't only teach the stuff that isn't doing anything, they mix useful things in and teach them the exact same way, as facts. They teach about herbs and how to use them to heal (and yes, that does indeed work), they teach respect towards every living thing, they teach how to make things yourself, like cremes and ointment, candles, soaps, oils, etc... They teach a ton of things that can be very useful, but all the energy stuff works as well as praying... You see, when you are being taught stuff that works and is useful along with stuff that does not work and is useless, but both are absolute facts, your brain will not make a difference unless you start asking lots of questions. The question thing is what I did at some point.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leela's post
01-07-2012, 11:48 AM
(01-07-2012 11:01 AM)Leela Wrote:  You see, when you are being taught stuff that works and is useful along with stuff that does not work and is useless, but both are absolute facts, your brain will not make a difference unless you start asking lots of questions. The question thing is what I did at some point.

That right there. Thank you for saying this! This is the fence that so many people sit on... and all it takes is asking a question... and then another. Thumbsup

In my opinion, people should not regret their former fantasy lives. Yes, there may have been some questionable behavior going on, and certainly if another person was truly harmed, remorse must be expressed. But much of the things one learns growing up is what makes one strong and secure today. However, since I have remained unencumbered by belief, my opinion and perspective may be a moot point.

I would ask you Leela, do you regret your former self, or do you simply have an altered perspective of it?

Also, do you have a grimoire? I find them quite fascinating. I've been allowed a look at a couple -both quite different. If you have one, was it given to you or is it all your own making? Smile
(oops - was that the "notebook" reference?)

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-07-2012, 11:56 AM
(30-06-2012 09:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are there any spells to make my manhood bigger?
Several. But none of them actually do anything.

01-07-2012, 12:07 PM
(30-06-2012 10:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Leela, are you aware of the forum site that you are on ?
That is my only question.
This should be moved to

Skepticism, Pseudoscience, and Conspiracy Theories

01-07-2012, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 01-07-2012 12:40 PM by GirlyMan.)
Being a witch sounds like a lot more fun than being Lutheran.

(01-07-2012 11:31 AM)Leela Wrote:  You don't honestly want me to write down recipies and illnesses now, do you?

Why yes, yes I do. Big Grin

(01-07-2012 11:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-06-2012 09:16 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Are there any spells to make my manhood bigger?

You could try this witch doctor. But looking at the pictures it hardly seems worth the money. ... Or you could just lose weight to expose that hidden penis. Big Grin

(01-07-2012 12:07 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(30-06-2012 10:37 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Leela, are you aware of the forum site that you are on ?
That is my only question.
This should be moved to

Skepticism, Pseudoscience, and Conspiracy Theories

Why? Might as well move all the threads regarding religion there then.

(01-07-2012 11:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is the gold-standard for drug testing.

Without real testing, taking herbs is a little like playing Russian Roulette.

And when multiple double-blind trials yield conflicting results? We may call it the "gold standard" but it feels more like a "bronze standard" to me. It's the best we got at this time, but that don't mean it's all that.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-07-2012, 12:48 PM
(01-07-2012 11:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  
So...much like my manhood. Dodgy

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-07-2012, 12:53 PM
(01-07-2012 12:48 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 11:56 AM)Chas Wrote:  Several. But none of them actually do anything.
So...much like my manhood. Dodgy

Well then, your choices are obvious:

Evil_monster placebo effect or prayer. Angel

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
01-07-2012, 01:15 PM
(01-07-2012 12:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(01-07-2012 11:37 AM)Chas Wrote:  This is the gold-standard for drug testing.

Without real testing, taking herbs is a little like playing Russian Roulette.
And when multiple double-blind trials yield conflicting results? We may call it the "gold standard" but it feels more like a "bronze standard" to me. It's the best we got at this time, but that don't mean it's all that.
When multiple trials give conflicting results, that means something - we have learned something. The efficacy of the drug is not proven, or not in that dose, or the trial needs re-design.

It's the gold-standard because it is the best we have.

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post