Leela's ultimate food corner

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2012, 03:02 PM
Thumbs Up Leela's ultimate food corner
Ok, cooking and baking is not just a hobby for me, it is close to an obsession by now. I just love to assemble everything and see how nice it comes out. I usually not using recepies for anything, I litteraly throw it together and it comes out right for some reason Big Grin
I do use recepies from time to time, but it is rare, and usually only if I have never made that certain thing before, like the fudge I wanted to make yesterday and now it came out more like a filling for chocolates than like fudge... Big Grin

I am going to share my obsession. Pics and recepies for those who wanna try it too Smile

1. Noname Gnocchi thing:
[Image: yum.jpg]

Serves 4-5 people
1 can red beans (not in tomato sauce!)
1 can peas
1 small can sweet corn
1 glass of tomato concentrate
4 cups water
1 cup cream / sourcream (whatever you like more)
1 cup cheese (e.g. edam, gouda)
1 kilo minced meat (mixed) (yo, Americans, that's ground meat)
2 packs of gnocchi (probably something like half a pound/500 gram)
conduments as you please (in this recipe salt, paprika, black pepper)

big bowl
big baking dish
strainer
pan

1. Get your minced meat brown in your pan, no seasoning here.
2. Put the red beans, peas, sweet corn in your strainer and briefly wash it
3. Put the veggies, tomato concentrate, water, cream, gnocchis (uncooked) in the big bowl and season however you like it. I put in about a tablespoon of salt, teaspoon of paprika (condument), and half teaspoon black pepper (condument). All these conduments of course crounded not copped, dried or anything fancy.
4. You don't have to grease the baking dish, but if you feel better, do it now.
5. Put half the veggie mixture in the baking dish, spread evenly. Put your minced meat on top, spread as even as you can, put rest of the veggie mixture on top, spread even again. Spread cheese on top.
6. Put in the oven on medium heat (gas 2, Celcius 175, Farenheit 250)
It's ready when the gnocchis are smooth, that took me about 25 minutes. Just check after 15 minutes, if not done check every 5 minutes after that.

Soon coming, apple cake, sweet chocolate bread with raisins, sweet filled bread rolls, normal bread rolls.

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Leela's post
29-09-2012, 06:21 PM
RE: Leela's ultimate food corner
Ooo this is exciting! I'm going to try this. Big Grin

And mmm, chocolate bread!!!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
29-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Wow Leela that looks yummy...

*looks around to make sure nobodys listening...* I like to cook as well.. don't tell anyone on the forums though .. they'd never believe it.

I like to do up all kinds of stuff in the kitchen.. ya see I learned all this while I was cooking at this ministry for 80 men.. breakfast, lunch and dinners.. and of course all I ever had to work with to create meals with was stuff that was donated to the ministry. For example ... making spaghetti sauce with only tomato soup to work with as a base.. hehe.. but those days of doom and gloom are far in my past now... I get to cook for myself with the GOOD STUFF now. Smile

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
[+] 2 users Like ddrew's post
09-10-2012, 10:03 AM
Ok I started writing a series of cookbooks. I will keep posting some of my recipes here (like the manwich that I made today) but a lot will be in my cook books. The first one is for men Big Grin And it is exactly how a man needs it, staright forward and easy to understand Big Grin Will see Smile I wanna try and publish myself, probably using Amazon. Don't know. I would like to have a printed version of it though.

[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
09-10-2012, 11:38 AM
(09-10-2012 10:03 AM)Leela Wrote:  Ok I started writing a series of cookbooks. I will keep posting some of my recipes here (like the manwich that I made today) but a lot will be in my cook books. The first one is for men Big Grin And it is exactly how a man needs it, staright forward and easy to understand Big Grin Will see Smile I wanna try and publish myself, probably using Amazon. Don't know. I would like to have a printed version of it though.

Manwich may suit some, but baby makes a juicier sandwich. Drooling

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
09-10-2012, 02:58 PM
(09-10-2012 10:03 AM)Leela Wrote:  Ok I started writing a series of cookbooks. I will keep posting some of my recipes here (like the manwich that I made today) but a lot will be in my cook books. The first one is for men Big Grin And it is exactly how a man needs it, staright forward and easy to understand Big Grin Will see Smile I wanna try and publish myself, probably using Amazon. Don't know. I would like to have a printed version of it though.

I will buy it when it comes out. Big Grin

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
09-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Good stuff, Leela Smile That looks very tasty.
I'm impressed and would love to see more...Clever girl Yes

I'm going to take your lead and start photographing some of my meals too!

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
17-11-2012, 01:48 PM
I just did something completely new.
I love baking, and I do that a lot but this time I made cake without baking. I just bought the premade round cakes and used them instead because
I made a checkerboard cake for the first time
AND
I made butter cream icing for the first time
AND
I tried to do some piping for the first time

Here the result:

[Image: 2dbmbu9.jpg]

[Image: 2ailu7s.jpg]

21-11-2012, 07:24 AM (This post was last modified: 21-11-2012 11:48 AM by kingschosen.)
I
love the cake, It looks awesome and Iā€™m sure it should taste good.
21-11-2012, 02:47 PM
hehe thanks cutepup. Well for my taste it ended up way too sweet. I don't like cakes that are very creamy or overly sweet. But my mother and sister in law as well as my neighbours liked the cake very much Big Grin