Leftover ham...what can I do with it...Cooks needed

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-12-2012, 08:26 PM
RE: Leftover ham...what can I do with it...Cooks needed
(27-12-2012 07:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks Logica...was hoping for a little more detail...but you got the gist of it. Dodgy
What more detail could you possibly need? Consider

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-12-2012, 08:30 PM
(27-12-2012 08:26 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 07:59 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks Logica...was hoping for a little more detail...but you got the gist of it. Dodgy
What more detail could you possibly need? Consider

Your culinary imagination and inventiveness are truly awe-inspiring. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2012, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 28-12-2012 07:59 AM by Logica Humano.)
(27-12-2012 08:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 08:26 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  What more detail could you possibly need? Consider

Your culinary imagination and inventiveness are truly awe-inspiring. Thumbsup
I know. I watched like one episode of Alton Brown's "Good Eats" and was like, "I now know how to cook everything."

Except okra. I fucking hate that shit.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
27-12-2012, 08:39 PM
(27-12-2012 08:34 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 08:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Your culinary imagination and inventiveness are truly awe-inspiring. Thumbsup
I know. I watched like on episode of Alton Brown's "Good Eats" and was like, "I now know how to cook everything."

Except okra. I fucking hate that shit.

I'm pretty sure we're related. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2012, 08:45 PM
(27-12-2012 08:23 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  If you were closer, I'd send George over. That would take care of the problem with the quickness. Thumbsup

But I don't cook. We got one of them, and ya know what Imma do to it? Knife. Belly. Done. Big Grin
Thanks Johnny but George would probably be more interested in eating my little dogs...that would be bad.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
27-12-2012, 08:46 PM
(27-12-2012 08:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  If you really do have lots, don't make yourself sick of it. Instead, keep back enough for some sandwiches, dice some up into your pea soup (I'll give you an easy crock pot recipe next time I go to the kitchen) then take the rest, dice it up into cubes, and divide it into half pound portions (or perhaps quarter pound, you'll get the idea when you see it in the bag). Put each portion into a ziplock, and submerge the open bag into water, keeping the very top above water. Basically, just push as much air out as you can. Now close it up, toss it in the freezer, and next time you make omlettes, sandwiches, soup, fried rice, or whatever else you feel like adding ham to, all you gotta do is defrost.

You'll use it up in no time and be wishing you'd made a ham twice as big. Key is not getting sick of it.
I will dice some up and freeze it, that sounds like a good idea. Then I can cook it with beans, or eggs, or with scalloped potatoes.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
27-12-2012, 09:05 PM
(27-12-2012 08:46 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 08:19 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  If you really do have lots, don't make yourself sick of it. Instead, keep back enough for some sandwiches, dice some up into your pea soup (I'll give you an easy crock pot recipe next time I go to the kitchen) then take the rest, dice it up into cubes, and divide it into half pound portions (or perhaps quarter pound, you'll get the idea when you see it in the bag). Put each portion into a ziplock, and submerge the open bag into water, keeping the very top above water. Basically, just push as much air out as you can. Now close it up, toss it in the freezer, and next time you make omlettes, sandwiches, soup, fried rice, or whatever else you feel like adding ham to, all you gotta do is defrost.

You'll use it up in no time and be wishing you'd made a ham twice as big. Key is not getting sick of it.
I will dice some up and freeze it, that sounds like a good idea. Then I can cook it with beans, or eggs, or with scalloped potatoes.
Zactly!

Just visiting.

-SR